Deonta Alexander (Glencliff High School Star)

Icy

The rankings have him listed as a shooting guard and the rankings were just updated in November.I havent seen him play so i dont know.Maybe if they make it to the state tournament,i can see what postion he plays.Like it was said in another post,It doesnt matter what we think,all that matters is what the recruiters think,

I am his assistant coach and he plays point guard for the Colts. This is his third year running the point position. I totally agree with you about the recruiters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am his assistant coach and he plays point guard for the Colts. This is his third year running the point position. I totally agree with you about the recruiters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was just going by what the rankings said.If you the assistant coach,I will take your word that he is a point guard.

Deontay will play point guard at the next level. He scores a lot of points for glencliff because he is a good scorer/shooter and is Glencliff's best player. He is one of their best ball handlers too, so he has to wear several hats for Glencliff. But Deontay has the natural court vision that most point guards have(and he'll utilize that at the next level). He is not like Gerald Robinson who played at MLK last yr, who is a natural scorer and does not possess the court vision that Deontay has. Good luck to Deontay, he will be a major D1 recruit by his senior yr.

The rankings have him listed as a shooting guard and the rankings were just updated in November.I havent seen him play so i dont know.Maybe if they make it to the state tournament,i can see what postion he plays.Like it was said in another post,It doesnt matter what we think,all that matters is what the recruiters think,

Well if I took as many shots as he did, I would average 33 a game too!!!!!

Well if I took as many shots as he did, I would average 33 a game too!!!!!

I had an opportunity to watch Deonta Alexander play two games at the Father Ryan Christmas tournament. He has great court vision, handles the ball exceptionally well, plays great defense, and has a very nice stroke from 15 ft. and out. He does take alot of shots but he hits alot of them as well and one key thing this guy have that you probably don't (if u are a player) is the GREEN light from his coach. It seems like he is setting his teammates up as well with 8 assists per game and helping the big guys out with 7 rebounds per game. Sounds like a well rounded player to me...u may want to take a page out of his book and maybe..just maybe...your coach might give you the Yellow light (if u are a player). Just kidding...not really..its just my opinion...but he was by far the best player in that tournament.