Which Middle TN Players will have a breakout year

blackmanblaze3215

4 Region 4-5A players will shine next year IMHO. Jeremiah Bryson (everyone should know he is the Real Deal for the Bulldogs), Aaron Ebelarosa of Riverdale (possibly the Next great QB for the Warriors and packs a HUGE punch on D even though he in only 5' 7"), I agree with the post above that Rottoro from WC will have another GREAT year, but the LB from Blackman, Josh Patton, will dominate region 4 at 6'2" 215 lbs (had 123 tackles as a Jr.). Justin Bowers also of Blackman will be an offensive and Defensive Force. These 2 men from Blackman (Bowers and Patton) are already being recruited by several DI Schools.

Since I am partial to the Wilson Central Wildcats................here are 3 that will make an impact next season.

Jordan Poole FB (Soph) will be one of the top backs in the league............he is big and fast

Arcavius McMurray (Jr) might be the best wide-out retuning in the league for next season................he is 6' 6" and was the WC go to guy at season end..........quite fast!

Alex Rains (Jr) returning starting WB..........very fast.

I was very first to say that my Cats would not be last in the league for 2007 and they did do a bit better.........I think they they will be competitive. The core of the defense returns; some good offensive lineman will also be back. offense will have several weapons. Cats could be a factor in 2008, but this is Region 4-5A and only time will tell! We should be fun to watch. McChurch will be tough to replace /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

samiam

Not to discredit anyone by any means, but let's remember that Rottoro had 117 tackles ( McGowan from OHS led the region with 127). WC had a fantastic offense who was on the field a LOT!! That means that the D was not on the field anyhwere as much as Blackman's D was.....therefore less opportunities to make plays/tackles. To see him with 117 is amazing to me. He is a beast and one of the best players from this region without a doubt.

Not to discredit anyone by any means, but let's remember that Rottoro had 117 tackles ( McGowan from OHS led the region with 127). WC had a fantastic offense who was on the field a LOT!! That means that the D was not on the field anyhwere as much as Blackman's D was.....therefore less opportunities to make plays/tackles. To see him with 117 is amazing to me. He is a beast and one of the best players from this region without a doubt.

You might not have meant to discredit anyone, but you surely did. Let me make it clear that I was not saying that Patton would dominate Rottoro, only that he (Patton) would be a dominate defensive player for region 4 in 2008. McGowan from Oakland, Rottoro from Wilson Central and Patton were all VERY good Linebackers. They all made First Team All-Region, but with the size and speed of Patton, He is the ONE who has the best potential to play at the next level.

If you follow your own "logic", you would also discredit McGowan from Oakland as their Offense was terrible as well. I would never want to do that to a GREAT player as McGowan, and I'm sure you would not want to either.

You might not have meant to discredit anyone, but you surely did. Let me make it clear that I was not saying that Patton would dominate Rottoro, only that he (Patton) would be a dominate defensive player for region 4 in 2008. McGowan from Oakland, Rottoro from Wilson Central and Patton were all VERY good Linebackers. They all made First Team All-Region, but with the size and speed of Patton, He is the ONE who has the best potential to play at the next level.

If you follow your own "logic", you would also discredit McGowan from Oakland as their Offense was terrible as well. I would never want to do that to a GREAT player as McGowan, and I'm sure you would not want to either.

I am aware of the same logic about McGowan's stats. You are right, our offense kept our D on the field constantly with their lack of production. McGowan knows how much I have admired his play over the last 3 yrs. He knows I am not putting him down. All 3 gentlemen mentioned above were invaluable to their respective teams. I guarantee Offenses knew them all very well. No doubt about that. However, I am still saying that Rottoro was on the field less than either McGowan and Patton....and still managed to have about as many tackles .

I hope to see Patton go D-1. He needs to continue to work hard in the weightroom and classroom. However, I will be honest with you......I really don't remember him when we played yall this yr. I am sure that Schaller or Precious might though?

You did say above that Patton would dominate region 4 and since Rottoro is in region 4......that does mean you felt he would dominate over Rottoro.

Since I am partial to the Wilson Central Wildcats................here are 3 that will make an impact next season.

Jordan Poole FB (Soph) will be one of the top backs in the league............he is big and fast

Arcavius McMurray (Jr) might be the best wide-out retuning in the league for next season................he is 6' 6" and was the WC go to guy at season end..........quite fast!

Alex Rains (Jr) returning starting WB..........very fast.

I was very first to say that my Cats would not be last in the league for 2007 and they did do a bit better.........I think they they will be competitive. The core of the defense returns; some good offensive lineman will also be back. offense will have several weapons. Cats could be a factor in 2008, but this is Region 4-5A and only time will tell! We should be fun to watch. McChurch will be tough to replace /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

samiam

McChurch is one of the most exciting players I have seen in a long time. It is with sadness mixed with relief that I watch him graduate. Has he got any prospects for college?

I am aware of the same logic about McGowan's stats. You are right, our offense kept our D on the field constantly with their lack of production. McGowan knows how much I have admired his play over the last 3 yrs. He knows I am not putting him down. All 3 gentlemen mentioned above were invaluable to their respective teams. I guarantee Offenses knew them all very well. No doubt about that. However, I am still saying that Rottoro was on the field less than either McGowan and Patton....and still managed to have about as many tackles .

I hope to see Patton go D-1. He needs to continue to work hard in the weightroom and classroom. However, I will be honest with you......I really don't remember him when we played yall this yr. I am sure that Schaller or Precious might though?

You did say above that Patton would dominate region 4 and since Rottoro is in region 4......that does mean you felt he would dominate over Rottoro.

Thank you for your honest response, I hope in my previous post that I clarified my statement regarding Patton and Rottoro. Read what I meant, not what you though I meant. My intent was that both Rottoro and Patton would dominate in Region 4.

For the record, I am not from Blackman. I just follow Region 4 football pretty close.

You may not remember him (Patton), but the all the Region 4 coaches did by choosing him first team All-Region along with McGowan and Rottoro.

Hey 2p you are right Rottoro is a beast! I live in Ohio we had a kid named Steve Gardner lb who had 177 tackles in the 14 games we played, it sure is a privilage to watch these young men play isn't it? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />