ONEIDA BASKETBALL

injunsquaw

After last nights whooping by Cumberland Gap and the beating in Kentucky, how will our boys do the rest of the year? Coach has lost the respect of the boys due to his wrongs he did (not even going to go there as his personal life is none of my buisness). Not even mentioning the disgust of the parents. I have heard that some of the administration is talking a lot to. Will the boys respond and play like they can or fight with each other and coach? I was really feeling good about basketball after last season. Lets hear it fans what do you thinK?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last nights whooping by Cumberland Gap and the beating in Kentucky, how will our boys do the rest of the year? Coach has lost the respect of the boys due to his wrongs he did (not even going to go there as his personal life is none of my buisness). Not even mentioning the disgust of the parents. I have heard that some of the administration is talking a lot to. Will the boys respond and play like they can or fight with each other and coach? I was really feeling good about basketball after last season. Lets hear it fans what do you thinK?

You are right I saw Coach King miss 21 free throws and I think he turned the ball over about 25 times. Man, if you can't count on your coach to make all your shots and make all the passes for you what is he good for.

The only thing you are doing is being childish and stirring the pot.

I will tell you exactly what the problem is. The problem is the parents won't let the coach do his job and the players just want to talk back and do their own thing.

You know, you shouldn't be complaining because the only district games you have lost were on a last second shot, and in triple OT, where a kid that is averging about 12 points a game scored 44!

Let the guy do his job and let everything else take care of itself.

injunsqualk.......glad to see your just joining us for this season. Or maybe you'll crawl back into the hole you just came out of. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> YDKM, 21 ft and 25 to's........sounds like the coach needs to put up bigger rims and schedule more Jr High teams! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />I would think the attitude that is prevalent among the men's basketball team could use a huge realignment. If you are going to be molded into a unit, don't act like you are one. Last time I looked none of the jerseys were personilized. Unless someone on the teams name is Oneida. What ever happened to all for one and one for all? Collectively this could be a formitable group, but individually there are no superstars......sorry guys. If your goal is to see how many times your name is mentioned in the paper each week, what a sad existence that is! But then....what the heck do I know?!?! Repairing your image and working with your leader (duh, the coach) will shut down a lot of the negativity surrounding the team......and denying you have an image to repair means some of you are blind to it in the first place. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

injunsqualk.......glad to see your just joining us for this season. Or maybe you'll crawl back into the hole you just came out of. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> YDKM, 21 ft and 25 to's........sounds like the coach needs to put up bigger rims and schedule more Jr High teams! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />I would think the attitude that is prevalent among the men's basketball team could use a huge realignment. If you are going to be molded into a unit, don't act like you are one. Last time I looked none of the jerseys were personilized. Unless someone on the teams name is Oneida. What ever happened to all for one and one for all? Collectively this could be a formitable group, but individually there are no superstars......sorry guys. If your goal is to see how many times your name is mentioned in the paper each week, what a sad existence that is! But then....what the heck do I know?!?! Repairing your image and working with your leader (duh, the coach) will shut down a lot of the negativity surrounding the team......and denying you have an image to repair means some of you are blind to it in the first place. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Kazoo, long time no read, ole buddy. What is the problem with the coach? I must have missed something here. Won't be long till spring practice!!!!!!

I wouldn't begin to speculate about any flaws the coach has because I already have a ton myself and I'm not up for any personnal examination either. He has a blueprint and the team needs to make it a reality. Are they going to build or take shortcuts and contruct something "less" solid. The kids and the leadership have to work collectively to solidify their foundation, so they can get where they want to go! When you are bickering among yourselves your focus tends to go South. Everything I'm dancing around is fixable, the question is.....will they swallow a little pride and fix it?

I heard iron city was back in motion. The boys aren't likely to sluff off since they work with Lambo! That is really important for our football team.....they obviously have a great deal of respect for the coaching staff.

See you this fall, slimp!

Parents arent the problem. They dont play defense or turn the ball over or make substitutions. Some do make stupid comments but those words dont win or lose games.

I asked for opinions and it is your opinion the problem is the players and parents and not the coach. ok

EXACTLY! Parents don't play the game. NEITHER DOES THE COACH! When kids' parents are in their ears about personal accomplishments rather than being good teammates, it tears everything down that the coach and players(the team) have built.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Yes, sir......Mister YDKM......its all about face time. If we don't see Jimmy John for an appreciable amount of time.......why.....we could loose our status in the community. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Heaven forbid! I know I'm over doing it, but geez Louise. At what point does common sense tend to register with people. A little math to think over: The overload of players on the team is not conductive to allowing everyone involved the minutes they crave. It is not possible, because everyone WANTS to play all the time, right? Oh, just give him a couple of minutes and we'll all be happy.....not true again! Give someone a little bit of something they crave and guess what.....THEY WANT MORE. Duh, who knew? What about the Coach actually knowing what he is doing and continuing to make the pieces fit. Has anyone ever put a puzzle together and guessed right......every time? Better still......try doing it in front of an audience every night. Can they put bleachers up in an insurance office so I can vent and scream about the high cost of auto insurance. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Anyone ever seen the Peyton Manning commercial where he cheers on waiters, doctors, and gas station attendants. Its stupid right......so why rant on a coach who, IMO, is just trying to do his job with 30 or 40 people giving him advice every 3 or four hours. I bet the coach probably has some opinions on parenting that he is never going to offer (and remember he doesn't have any), so the logical thing would be to bite the tongue and let him coach. Forgive me if this is politically incorrect now, but it used to be the coach was right whether you agreed with him or not.

Points for everyone to ponder.