Tornado Duals (1/12/08)

pantheon

Pool A

Nashville Catholic, 2-0; 53-26 (v. Maryville), 40-34 (v. McCallie)

McCallie, 1-1; 52-30 (v. Maryville)

Maryville, 0-2

Pool B

Baylor, 2-0; 60-24 (v. Dalton), 37-36 (v. Hunter)

Hunter, 1-1; 58-27 (v. Dalton)

Dalton, 0-2

Pool C

Loftis, 2-0; 65-12 (v. Ocoee), 66-24 (v. Praetorian-CAK)

Praetorian-CAK, 1-1; 53-36 (v. Ocoee)

Ocoee, 0-2

Pool D

Cleveland, 2-0; 67-13 (v. Lake Forest), 75-9 (v. Seymour)

Lake Forest, 1-1; 57-27 (v. Seymour)

Seymour, 0-2

Championship Plus Brackets

Tier 1

Baylor over Nashville Catholic, 50-30

Cleveland over Loftis, 58-24

First Place: Cleveland over Baylor, 50-29

Third Place: Loftis over Nashville Catholic, 48-34

Tier 2

McCallie over Hunter, 60-24

Lake Forest over Praetorian-CAK, 58-33

Fifth Place: McCallie over Lake Forest, 50-27

Seventh Place: Hunter over Praetorian-CAK, 54-33

Tier 3

Dalton over Maryville, 54-28

Seymour over Ocoee, 51-36

Ninth Place: Seymour over Dalton, 45-42

Eleventh Place: Maryville over Ocoee, 28-27

Congratulations to Cleveland Middle School wrestlers and Coach Phillips! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Enjoyed having everyone in for a great day of competition.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you all think were some of the more outstanding wrestlers at the duals?

Cleveland has a great team, but their 106 or 113 is one tuff wrestler, very impressed with that one. Impressed with the whole program. I'm not sure if Lake Forest is Bradley feeder and Occoee is Walker Valley feeder but I do know Cleveland Middle is producing some good young talent for Coach Eslinger. Good Job to Loftis as well, we have practiced for two weeks, and had three kids not make weight and another starter out injured. It caused us to bump kids or forfiet weights altogether but I don't think it would have changed the outcome of Cleveland/Loftis match but we would be able to match up better in some weights and now we would know where to bump some kids or not because Cleveland had some kids we were just not gonna beat. Kudos Cleveland!

Pool A

Nashville Catholic, 2-0; 53-26 (v. Maryville), 40-34 (v. McCallie)

McCallie, 1-1; 52-30 (v. Maryville)

Maryville, 0-2

Pool B

Baylor, 2-0; 60-24 (v. Dalton), 37-36 (v. Hunter)

Hunter, 1-1; 58-27 (v. Dalton)

Dalton, 0-2

Pool C

Loftis, 2-0; 65-12 (v. Ocoee), 66-24 (v. Praetorian-CAK)

Praetorian-CAK, 1-1; 53-36 (v. Ocoee)

Ocoee, 0-2

Pool D

Cleveland, 2-0; 67-13 (v. Lake Forest), 75-9 (v. Seymour)

Lake Forest, 1-1; 57-27 (v. Seymour)

Seymour, 0-2

Championship Plus Brackets

Tier 1

Baylor over Nashville Catholic, 50-30

Cleveland over Loftis, 58-24

First Place: Cleveland over Baylor, 50-29

Third Place: Loftis over Nashville Catholic, 48-34

Tier 2

McCallie over Hunter, 60-24

Lake Forest over Praetorian-CAK, 58-33

Fifth Place: McCallie over Lake Forest, 50-27

Seventh Place: Hunter over Praetorian-CAK, 54-33

Tier 3

Dalton over Maryville, 54-28

Seymour over Ocoee, 51-36

Ninth Place: Dalton over Seymour, 45-42

Eleventh Place: Maryville over Ocoee, 28-27

Congratulations to Cleveland Middle School wrestlers and Coach Phillips! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Enjoyed having everyone in for a great day of competition.

In tier 3 Seymour beat Dalton 45-42 for ninth place

Cleveland has a great team, but their 106 or 113 is one tuff wrestler, very impressed with that one. Impressed with the whole program. I'm not sure if Lake Forest is Bradley feeder and Occoee is Walker Valley feeder but I do know Cleveland Middle is producing some good young talent for Coach Eslinger. Good Job to Loftis as well, we have practiced for two weeks, and had three kids not make weight and another starter out injured. It caused us to bump kids or forfiet weights altogether but I don't think it would have changed the outcome of Cleveland/Loftis match but we would be able to match up better in some weights and now we would know where to bump some kids or not because Cleveland had some kids we were just not gonna beat. Kudos Cleveland!

Stop sucking up! I guess now you are going to move the clan to Cleveland? I guess you might as well. That about the only program you guys havent wrestled with yet. Besides they only win becasue they recruit wrestlers and have a big booster. Dont you read the message boards? It doesnt have anything to do with coach Phillips or how much he gets out of his wrestlers. All that yelling and screaming is just false bravado he learned on the mean streets of Miami.

Stop sucking up! I guess now you are going to move the clan to Cleveland? I guess you might as well. That about the only program you guys havent wrestled with yet. Besides they only win becasue they recruit wrestlers and have a big booster. Dont you read the message boards? It doesnt have anything to do with coach Phillips or how much he gets out of his wrestlers. All that yelling and screaming is just false bravado he learned on the mean streets of Miami.

The previous post was meant as a joke between two people. For those have not had the pleasure of watching any of Clevelands teams this year they are a true joy to watch. They wrestle with the heart and soul that makes our sport such a special thing. Congradulations to Cleveland middle and coach Phillips on yet another fine showing.

I did look at two houses for sell in cleveland friday, and thats before seeing the young men from cleveland wrestle. I still have time to move them once or twice more.

I did look at two houses for sell in cleveland friday, and thats before seeing the young men from cleveland wrestle. I still have time to move them once or twice more.

Thats true but while there is enough quality wrestling in the Cleveland area to fill your needs I dont think there is very many all you can eat buffets. That would be rough to have to drive to Chattanooga three times a day to meet your daily calorie requirements.

The previous post was meant as a joke between two people. For those have not had the pleasure of watching any of Clevelands teams this year they are a true joy to watch. They wrestle with the heart and soul that makes our sport such a special thing. Congradulations to Cleveland middle and coach Phillips on yet another fine showing.

McCallie ran a great tournament, and my hat is off to coach Phillips and his team! Several teams have a hand full of studs, but at the end of the day I think Clevelands conditioning and will to win paid off!

Now I'm not an expert, but the word around the camp fire is that 'YOUTHCOACH16' is fond of all you can eat resturants in the Chattanooga area as well. I've heard him say several times that," You must feed the machine"!

CC

McCallie ran a great tournament, and my hat is off to coach Phillips and his team! Several teams have a hand full of studs, but at the end of the day I think Clevelands conditioning and will to win paid off!

Now I'm not an expert, but the word around the camp fire is that 'YOUTHCOACH16' is fond of all you can eat resturants in the Chattanooga area as well. I've heard him say several times that," You must feed the machine"!

CC

Im not sure who you are but with a name like Cup Cake you probably havent missed too many meals either. I purposely am a little overweight just to keep people fooled. When you are chisled out of granite it tends to draw too much attention.

Im not sure who you are but with a name like Cup Cake you probably havent missed too many meals either. I purposely am a little overweight just to keep people fooled. When you are chisled out of granite it tends to draw too much attention.

Sounds like cupcake knows you pretty well YC, Last time we crossed paths it seems to me we both ate at the buffet. An cupcake could mean all sorts of things, I like cupcakes you sack. stink up, I talk good about the wrestlers from other parts of the state, you on the other hand state their your friends and such. I've never known you to be Mr. Nice guy to everyone, matter of fact your kinda gruff, I just hang around you cause the kids like ya. Peace out!