Baylor Vs. McCallie

allsaints

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Guys"-

Let me say this. My earlier post was probably out of hand, just the way I felt about the post I responded to to begin with. I apologize for what I said but in some ways I was right. I think everyone on here can agree that it is the worst feeling in the world going in to this big rivalry with absolutely no chance. In past years, at some point Baylor may have had an edge, but the Blue never gave up hope in thinking they could pull it off. (I think we all remember 2 years ago when McCallie was thoroughly embarassed at their place on alumni weekend, and came right back at State Duals and beat the Red team by just as much as they were beaten by in the dual) This year it's different. Giving up 4 possible forfeits, definitely being outmanned in most of the match-ups, it's not fun going into a match like this knowing you're going to get you butts handed to you. It's hard to be a program that has always been in the hunt for things, always a power in the sport, and not even be ranked in any poll all year round and to get beat by teams you demolished a year ago. Having said all that, it just seems sad that you Red fans can continue to kick a dog, not even when he's down, but when it's obvious he's not getting back up anytime soon. I think you can understand the frustration in reading your posts lately.

I know this is coacht and I know everyone getss on here with their sarcasm and their jokes and their support for their team. I've been involved with this board for sometime now, but it never gets easier to hear people, especially your rival and their little minions on this board, attack and crticize a team in a CLEAR rebuilding year. It just seems kind of tacky...

Good luck to both teams though. There will be a few good match-ups and some good exciting matches to watch, but other than that I'm pretty sure we all know the rest of the outcome. Let up just a little bit boys. It's been a rough year, and obviously your comments aren't very encouraging...

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this whole post too, because you usually do when you're a blue fan on this thing, but I just hope this helps explain some things!

I in no way intend to kick the McCallie boys or their coaches while they are down. I just wanted to make fun of some of the coach-t posters who are trash talking. I didn't know Westbrooks was the 103 but I do know he is a great kid. I do enjoy the trash talking though and some of you make it easy.

Oh you are funny! I kind of have to laugh though. How can you know anything about the insides of McCallie wrestling if you're not part of it? Oh yeah... Walkenvol! There's a real insider! Enjoy your jokes boys.

It is true though isn't it? The coach just tells the guys who will wrestle at what weight even if they want to challenge. Or is that just certain wrestlers?

It is true though isn't it? The coach just tells the guys who will wrestle at what weight even if they want to challenge. Or is that just certain wrestlers?

Wow how the lies have spread. But I guess that's just how it is when you want to believe something about a coach. It's just so crazy how many people on this board want to degrade Connell and his coaching abilities. It's pretty ridiculous...

Wow how the lies have spread. But I guess that's just how it is when you want to believe something about a coach. It's just so crazy how many people on this board want to degrade Connell and his coaching abilities. It's pretty ridiculous...

I'm certainly not degrading his coaching abilities. I am asking if he did not deny a wrestler a challenge match before the Traditional State Tournament and make that wrestler bump up two weights from what he could have wrestled. If you have the inside information and this didn't happen, then enlighten me. If it did happen in this one situation I am aware of, then I'm sure it has happened before, although maybe not in such a high-profile case. If it is true, you can't blame Walkenvol for letting everyone know what happened.

I'm certainly not degrading his coaching abilities. I am asking if he did not deny a wrestler a challenge match before the Traditional State Tournament and make that wrestler bump up two weights from what he could have wrestled. If you have the inside information and this didn't happen, then enlighten me. If it did happen in this one situation I am aware of, then I'm sure it has happened before, although maybe not in such a high-profile case. If it is true, you can't blame Walkenvol for letting everyone know what happened.

Wow digging up old, boring wounds. There is so much more to that situation that it's not even funny. If a coach doesn't do something that's best for the individual, it's because he's doing what's best for the team. How can you argue with that? Unless you're selfish...

90 - Get ready.....you are right. My association with the EBE was long ago and has nothing to do with TN wrestling in 2008. Givehimsix needs to fast forward a few years if he wants to discuss whatever the current situation may be with your beloved school - so do you, goiowa1 and the others who can't find a better argument to defend your team's 2008 performance. I will give you credit though as you have been the lone blue voice who labeled it a "rebuilding" year from the start. Believe it or not, the guys on the red team don't get their blue info from me as I have no 2008 "inside" info to share. They do get lots of info from blue grads out in the community which filters back to coacht. They also read the paper where the blue's varsity selection policy was explained by GC, but again that may no longer be current. Oh and you are right again in that I am very selfish when it comes to expecting equal treatment when I write great big fat checks but what does that have to do with 2008? Let me repeat again as I've said many times, my son received an excellent academic education at McC which has served him well in his college studies. There are some outstanding people at McC who do their jobs well. My customer dissatisfaction was with a single employee there and I took my business elsewhere where we are very happy. I'm sure the EBE is happy to not have my boys as their clients any longer. These schools aren't churches or charities. They are businesses with well paid employees that demand a large chunk of change for their services. Your blind support of whatever they do appears to lack perspective but if it makes you happy then stick with it.

Good luck to each of the boys (red or blue) who step on the mat tonight. Don't buy into all the hype and hate. Wrestle your best and be proud regardless of the outcome.

90 - Get ready.....you are right. My association with the EBE was long ago and has nothing to do with TN wrestling in 2008. Givehimsix needs to fast forward a few years if he wants to discuss whatever the current situation may be with your beloved school - so do you, goiowa1 and the others who can't find a better argument to defend your team's 2008 performance. I will give you credit though as you have been the lone blue voice who labeled it a "rebuilding" year from the start. Believe it or not, the guys on the red team don't get their blue info from me as I have no 2008 "inside" info to share. They do get lots of info from blue grads out in the community which filters back to coacht. They also read the paper where the blue's varsity selection policy was explained by GC, but again that may no longer be current. Oh and you are right again in that I am very selfish when it comes to expecting equal treatment when I write great big fat checks but what does that have to do with 2008? Let me repeat again as I've said many times, my son received an excellent academic education at McC which has served him well in his college studies. There are some outstanding people at McC who do their jobs well. My customer dissatisfaction was with a single employee there and I took my business elsewhere where we are very happy. I'm sure the EBE is happy to not have my boys as their clients any longer. These schools aren't churches or charities. They are businesses with well paid employees that demand a large chunk of change for their services. Your blind support of whatever they do appears to lack perspective but if it makes you happy then stick with it.

Good luck to each of the boys (red or blue) who step on the mat tonight. Don't buy into all the hype and hate. Wrestle your best and be proud regardless of the outcome.

Nice post as much as I hate to admitt it. Im not sure if I should have been wearing my rubber hip boots to wade through the bs but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If it was your true feelings then I commend you.

McCallie has moved the start time of the match from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm as an accommodation to those of us who must attend a pre-match meeting that day. Many thanks, Big Blue. BCB, where shall we meet? N. Chatt. Cat?

We LOVE the CAT. Alas, no billiards tables , which are mandatory for pre-match meetings. The Cat is the desirable post match H2O'ing hole.

Since it is at McCallie, what about Leonard's? It is just through the tunnel.

Don't we wish. Later we'll walk down to the Sports Stadium and have a blue bazooka.