Another Moore County and Culleoka Match up any predictions?

Reese34

I dare say that any coach whose team just won a hard fought game would be celebrating. Also, it's hard to sit (or stand in a box) and listen to a huge cheering section boo your team and boo individual players. The Culleoka fans were given 1/4 of the gym for seating while Moore County took 3/4 of the gym. People were standing all along the perimeter of the gym. I was in the small area of seating, right behind the bench. Coach Slatten contained himself very well. His team won. Of course he was happy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm well congrats to Culleoka team for the win last night. The coach well we will get to that. The game was a really good game. The boys from both teams wanted it but MC just came up short and this is why. For one who ever was suppose to be guarding number 24 from cully was lost because he was shooting the daylights out the ball and knocked down some key shots. Now what killed MC was that 4 from their team had the ball in his hands to much. They should of had the ball in 31 ones hands. He is a more patient ball handler and should probably be running point from now on. 4 is better on the wing where he can spot up and shoot. Granted 4 can drive into the paint and score but at times he forces it as he did last night. Im not sure why the coach did not tell him to calm down or move him from point but it was a key error for them last night. Why? Because everytime 4 forced a shot it resulted into a turnovers which hurt them. And why did he not play any defense?

Cully did a pretty good job on defense but they looked out of shape. In fact all of Cullys players looked out of shape (I will leave that open for suggestions of why). Their key player though was number 24! and as for MCs key player it has to be 31. Now i know everyone wants to ride number 10s coat tail til the end and his leadership in the last few minutes of the game were good but if you really watched the game, 31 off of MC shut him down with his defense which was great for MC. And My question is why did MC not post up at the end and get the ball down low? They had plenty of time and where not down by much so why did they choose to shoot 3s with time on the clock? And when it was to late it was just to late.

Both of these teams will see each other again but have somethings to perfect before they do. I wish them luck in the coming weeks because no win is garuanteed. Its after Christmas now all teams are stepping their game up because its a new dawn. So good luck players and coaches!

Hmmm well congrats to Culleoka team for the win last night. The coach well we will get to that. The game was a really good game. The boys from both teams wanted it but MC just came up short and this is why. For one who ever was suppose to be guarding number 24 from cully was lost because he was shooting the daylights out the ball and knocked down some key shots. Now what killed MC was that 4 from their team had the ball in his hands to much. They should of had the ball in 31 ones hands. He is a more patient ball handler and should probably be running point from now on. 4 is better on the wing where he can spot up and shoot. Granted 4 can drive into the paint and score but at times he forces it as he did last night. Im not sure why the coach did not tell him to calm down or move him from point but it was a key error for them last night. Why? Because everytime 4 forced a shot it resulted into a turnovers which hurt them. And why did he not play any defense?

Cully did a pretty good job on defense but they looked out of shape. In fact all of Cullys players looked out of shape (I will leave that open for suggestions of why). Their key player though was number 24! and as for MCs key player it has to be 31. Now i know everyone wants to ride number 10s coat tail til the end and his leadership in the last few minutes of the game were good but if you really watched the game, 31 off of MC shut him down with his defense which was great for MC. And My question is why did MC not post up at the end and get the ball down low? They had plenty of time and where not down by much so why did they choose to shoot 3s with time on the clock? And when it was to late it was just to late.

Both of these teams will see each other again but have somethings to perfect before they do. I wish them luck in the coming weeks because no win is garuanteed. Its after Christmas now all teams are stepping their game up because its a new dawn. So good luck players and coaches!

wow ive done nothing all day , but reading that post was a waste of time , If your gonna post stuff taht long , please try and actually tell us somethin worth reading , they were out of shape .....wow that has nothing to do with anything they won .... 31 shut number 10 down , 10 was close to haveing a triple double last night ...

Im not sure we was watching the same game #31 does handle the ball really well and is very quick but he isn't an offensive player I've seen he make ONE outside shot in the last 6 or so games. #4 is the driver of that offense if you wanna blame the coach for something blame him for not putting it in his hands on the last play granted they were trying to get him set for a shot but you gotta know Culleoka is keying on him for that shot.

And here is an interesting NOTE: Senator Jim Tracy was at the game and was on the Culleoka side an MC fan asked him how you gonna get votes sitting on the other side. Mr. Tracy said he was talking to the MTSU coach trying to get him to recruit 2 MC players

To all the Moore County Fans that say that the Culleoka coach showed you up then you don't know anything about coach Slatten. I've known him for several years and was at the game last night. What he did was celebrate a big win and I have seen him do this in a lot of big wins and to win at Moore County is a big win for any team. He absolutely has a tremendous amount of respect for the Moore County team, their school and fans. We have talked about this a few times so don't read any more into it than a celebration.

And here is an interesting NOTE: Senator Jim Tracy was at the game and was on the Culleoka side an MC fan asked him how you gonna get votes sitting on the other side. Mr. Tracy said he was talking to the MTSU coach trying to get him to recruit 2 MC players

He's a politician...I'm sure he had already thought of that response in anticipation that a MC fan would ask him that! He just wanted to sit on the winning side!

He is a politician, and probably the second most well-known person in the gym that evening with the first being Kermit Davis. It simply makes sense that they would sit together, and Coach Davis was already seated on Culleoka's side due to Demario Williams signing with MTSU. Give these folks a break. They should be able to attend a ballgame and sit wherever they want without being held accountable for their choice of seats.

He is a politician, and probably the second most well-known person in the gym that evening with the first being Kermit Davis. It simply makes sense that they would sit together, and Coach Davis was already seated on Culleoka's side due to Demario Williams signing with MTSU. Give these folks a break. They should be able to attend a ballgame and sit wherever they want without being held accountable for their choice of seats.

Totally agree it shouldnt matter where they sit or why they were there because its no ones business but there own and those they wish to tell. So why make it more than it was. They were attending to watch ball be played and they attended a game that was very intense and exciting thats it.

Totally agree it shouldnt matter where they sit or why they were there because its no ones business but there own and those they wish to tell. So why make it more than it was. They were attending to watch ball be played and they attended a game that was very intense and exciting thats it.

I agree...I was just joking around with my comments. Some people take things too seriously on here!

ok first off ... yall wanted to talk about the MC student section well i was one of the people in that student section! im goin to agree with mcbob03 and say that we didn't realize at the time that the guy was injured, we was jus so pumped up since alexander had jus dunked! we were "celebrating" that until someone ran to us and told us and said that he was injured and then we clapped when we knew he was ok! you should probably get your story straight.. and then yes we was clapping when williams was missing in warm-ups dont get me wrong he is a good player but if he is as good as everyone thinks he is then the booing shouldn't matter, but since he is so good we figured he could handle the pressure anyways! .. another thing if ya'll think that the ball should alwayz be in #31's hands then you should more than likely start coming to more MC ballgames beacause that is all wrong! yes, #4 did panic alot during the game, and shot too much when it wasn't needed but he is still a great player! and to bird dog03 when you say that no calls went cully's way or else they would have won by 10+ then you really didn't come to the game and watch the same game i did, did you? the calls didn't go for MC either! but what they didn't give yall they made up for and same goes for MC ...

We didn't know anyone was hurt. He was laying off of the court on the other end of the court in a very crowded gym. We couldn't see that he was hurt. We stopped immediatly when we were told he was hurt then cheered when he got up. And we were chanting Geo, which is short for Georgio who had made an AWESOME dunk right before the injury. We had no idea anyone was hurt. And it wasn't just DeMario that was cheered for before the game.....every shot that Cully missed during warm ups was cheered for. We were just having a little bit of fun with a big rival. And if I'm not mistaken, the student section at Cully got a little rowdy when we were over there, but its all fun and games. And as for the comments on #31 and #4, they are both outstanding ball players who have helped our team out tremendously this season. Yes, they both make mistakes, but they are still both great ball players.