Does anyone remember the old Kenton Warriors teams or any of the playe

yankees8589

I know several people that'll know about these Kenton teams. I'll ask sometime and get back to this subject.

GC Pioneer....Thank, you have no idea how bad I want that info. I'm actually doing some research for project i'm working on. It all relates to those Kenton teams and the former players and coaching staff. I would really appreciate it. I went to school in Kenton but once consolidation took place and I moved from the area I lost all contact with everyone and it's so hard to find any information ( even on the internet. All I have been able to find is a few tidbits from old stories in the UC newspaper.

GC Pioneer....Thank, you have no idea how bad I want that info. I'm actually doing some research for project i'm working on. It all relates to those Kenton teams and the former players and coaching staff. I would really appreciate it. I went to school in Kenton but once consolidation took place and I moved from the area I lost all contact with everyone and it's so hard to find any information ( even on the internet. All I have been able to find is a few tidbits from old stories in the UC newspaper.

I forgot to add that I played in what was then Junior and two years of High School ball IN Kenton.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She maybe older or younger?? than me. My brother is younger he went too. My sister-in-law went to Trimble, so does my kid....OMG do I have some memories Good chance we know some of the same people.

She is 42 and I'm 41. Her mother owned the old Silver Dollar Cafe and yes I bet we do know some of the same people. It's a small world after all just like the old song say's. I must admit though that was back in my wilder days.

very funny

If you really want to go back, my Dad and uncle played for the Kenton Warriors in the 60's. My Granddad was the bookkeeper and the announcer. Doug is my Dad and Ren is my uncle. My Granddad is Finley Linnell. I even have a t-shirt from the school when I was 12 in 1983. They have all since moved away. My Dad was the 10th highest scorer in the state during his senior year in 1968.

She is 42 and I'm 41. Her mother owned the old Silver Dollar Cafe and yes I bet we do know some of the same people. It's a small world after all just like the old song say's. I must admit though that was back in my wilder days.

You are just a few years older than me......if you were wild and crazy /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> then we probably met at one time or another /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Good luck in finding what you need!

I remember seeing a picture of the all tournament team of that district in 1979....The Late Joe Denning who coached at Dyersburg had moved to Bradford...His son David was MVP of the tournament if I recall....and I remember Anthony Cannon.....Had a "big afro" looked like a minature Artis Gilmore..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />