District 6AA

thechosen1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marion county wins it with there pitchin.....bettis lloyd bell........replacin the leadership will be tough but those Seniors have been through the war 2 years now and they will be ready.....i jsut wonder besides Griswold if anyone will provide some power.......Warriors got it ....lock it down

question about that pitching staff. How hard did they work in the off season???? I know last year the pitching was probably the weak spot. They gave up several runs per game and none of them threw very hard. I just wonder how hard they have worked all year?

question about that pitching staff. How hard did they work in the off season???? I know last year the pitching was probably the weak spot. They gave up several runs per game and none of them threw very hard. I just wonder how hard they have worked all year?

weak spot? several runs per game? u must not have seen to many games last year cause there strong point was there pitching!! they won many low scoring games last year they only had a hand few of games where they gave up more than 6 runs a game

I think for every team at every level the question is going to be,"How far will our pitching carry us?". It is true Marion does not have anybody that is going to knock the bat out of your hands but they do have alot of kids that can hit their spots and when they do they are very effective. Marion does return Bettis, Fowler, Bell, and LLoyd. That is 4 pretty good pitchers. They also have Guess, Henegar, Muir and Guyear that got varsity innings in last year. The offense will miss Layne and Wilson but someone else will have to step up and help with the offense. Marion should have a fine year and we will find out quick how the pitching will do as they travel to Wilson Co. to play the likes of Mt. Juliet, Gallatin and other middle Tenn powers.

wow that early season schedule if rough i like how there bein put straight in the fire....pitchin was far from the weak point last year....they had no one smokin it in there but they knew how to let the defense help them out and they lost no pitchers from last year.......and the Warriors always work hard in the off season....them boys know what they want and after laat year they know exactly what it take to get there....

They have the lights and the poles, however; they will never be able to install them because the gravel road that runs between the baseball field on the vistors' side and the softball field is considered a city road and the city of Chattanooga will not allow the light to be on the closed road. They are hoping to have someone on the city commision offically close the road. This would also allow them to expand the gym behind the player's bench, which they desperatly need.

Well, you never know.

You know, that PRIVATE school money!!!

I think for every team at every level the question is going to be,"How far will our pitching carry us?". It is true Marion does not have anybody that is going to knock the bat out of your hands but they do have alot of kids that can hit their spots and when they do they are very effective. Marion does return Bettis, Fowler, Bell, and LLoyd. That is 4 pretty good pitchers. They also have Guess, Henegar, Muir and Guyear that got varsity innings in last year. The offense will miss Layne and Wilson but someone else will have to step up and help with the offense. Marion should have a fine year and we will find out quick how the pitching will do as they travel to Wilson Co. to play the likes of Mt. Juliet, Gallatin and other middle Tenn powers.

Pretty good.. That is the best answer.. They don't have pure domination anywhere on the field.. They're just a srappy bunch just like they have been fo the past 15 years..

That private school money that makes it possible to break in with a can opener eh? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Huh???

I'll take Notre Dame or Hixson. I didn't see anything special out of Marion last year so I don't see what they could have this year

Uhh, they had reservations in Murfreesboro, so, they might have had a little.