145 ryan -- major

152 ba -- pin

160 ryan --minor

171ryan -- pin

189 ryan -- major

215 ryan -- fft

285 ryan -- pin

Final Ryan 51 BA 12

Not sure this is 100% (I think I've missed a point for Ryan somewhere . . . ), but it's close

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can add a little more to this . . .

103 ryan -- minor

112 ryan -- minor

119 ryan -- minor

125 ba -- pin

130 ryan --minor

135 ryan --major

140 ryan -- tech

145 ryan -- major

152 ba -- pin

160 ryan --minor

171ryan -- pin

189 ryan -- major

215 ryan -- fft

285 ryan -- pin

Final Ryan 51 BA 12

Not sure this is 100% (I think I've missed a point for Ryan somewhere . . . ), but it's close

Brentwood Academy vs. Father Ryan

130 Ryan over BA 8-3

135 Ryan over BA 14-3

140 Ryan over BA 16-0

145 Ryan over BA Major

152 BA over Ryan PIN

160 Ryan over BA 8-5

171 Ryan over BA PIN

189 Ryan over BA 13-5

215 Ryan over BA Forfeit

285 Ryan over BA PIN

103 Ryan over BA 4-0

112 Ryan over BA 6-3

119 Ryan over BA Major

125 BA over Ryan PIN

As a frequent viewer of this board, I feel I must respond to what has been said.

Fan6, you stated the Ryan fans needed to conduct themselves in the same class as the wrestlers. What are you talking about? Was it that the fans where yelling stalling all night because BA had one gear (Reverse) or when they were on the bottom (sewed their stomachs to the mat). Or, are you talking about the idiot fan sitting on the front row who challenged the Ryan fans to a match during the Heavyweight match because they kept yelling stalling as Herman chased the BA wrestler around the mat? I have not seen so much backtracking from a team since Marion Jones went to court!!!!!!!!!

Ryan drop kicked the BA tail and that is all there is to it. BA ran when Ryan bumped Marchetti to 145 and ducked out at 215. Case closed. It was not like they were trying to win the match because the match was never in doubt. Ryan did to BA in wrestling what BA did to Ryan in football. No excuses, stop the crying, it becomes you.

I will agree both teams wrestlers handled themselves with class after the match.

Case in point, if you want to wrestle with the big boys, wrestle them, don't duck and hide and weave and run.

Stalling is stalling regardless of what year you are. NashRef, when did the referees start swallowing their whistles when it came to stalling? Your comment about the Ryan fans was condescending. I guess we will have to wait to see a good ref as well? Or, will they ship in somebody from Chattanooga who knows what stalling is? It doesn't have to hit you in the side of the face to call it.

Next time, bring your track shoes, pointed spikes would be preferable.

Brentwood Academy vs. Father Ryan

130 Ryan over BA 8-3

135 Ryan over BA 14-3

140 Ryan over BA 16-0

145 Ryan over BA Major

152 BA over Ryan PIN

160 Ryan over BA 8-5

171 Ryan over BA PIN

189 Ryan over BA 13-5

215 Ryan over BA Forfeit

285 Ryan over BA PIN

103 Ryan over BA 4-0

112 Ryan over BA 6-3

119 Ryan over BA Major

125 BA over Ryan PIN

Now we are getting somewhere. Now how about putting some names in. I don't want to guess on any as we all know line-ups were shifted, kids could have been out sick, etc.

Possible ranking implications and such here.

As a frequent viewer of this board, I feel I must respond to what has been said.

Fan6, you stated the Ryan fans needed to conduct themselves in the same class as the wrestlers. What are you talking about? Was it that the fans where yelling stalling all night because BA had one gear (Reverse) or when they were on the bottom (sewed their stomachs to the mat). Or, are you talking about the idiot fan sitting on the front row who challenged the Ryan fans to a match during the Heavyweight match because they kept yelling stalling as Herman chased the BA wrestler around the mat? I have not seen so much backtracking from a team since Marion Jones went to court!!!!!!!!!

Ryan drop kicked the BA tail and that is all there is to it. BA ran when Ryan bumped Marchetti to 145 and ducked out at 215. Case closed. It was not like they were trying to win the match because the match was never in doubt. Ryan did to BA in wrestling what BA did to Ryan in football. No excuses, stop the crying, it becomes you.

I will agree both teams wrestlers handled themselves with class after the match.

Case in point, if you want to wrestle with the big boys, wrestle them, don't duck and hide and weave and run.

Stalling is stalling regardless of what year you are. NashRef, when did the referees start swallowing their whistles when it came to stalling? Your comment about the Ryan fans was condescending. I guess we will have to wait to see a good ref as well? Or, will they ship in somebody from Chattanooga who knows what stalling is? It doesn't have to hit you in the side of the face to call it.

Who in the heck is making excuses? How could someone make excuses? This is just like the football board. MBA and BA humiliate Ryan and the Ryan fans want to fight with everyone. It is wrestling season and it is Ryan's turn to do the humiliating and still you want to fight. Just be happy. You still have 7 months before football season starts again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now we are getting somewhere. Now how about putting some names in. I don't want to guess on any as we all know line-ups were shifted, kids could have been out sick, etc.

Possible ranking implications and such here.

Look, if you wanted a scouting report, you and the rest of the CBHS boys should have made the trip over from the left side to watch the match! Since no one on this board is giving up any valuable information about line ups, it looks as though you and the other West Tennessee boys will have to travel to Nashville to watch the Ryan - MBA match in order to get an idea of how tough Ryan really is this year. We are going up for the match; especially since it has been moved to Saturday night and does not conflict with "The Match". Perhaps we'll see you there -- I will look for Lewis' flowered shirt:)

Look, if you wanted a scouting report, you and the rest of the CBHS boys should have made the trip over from the left side to watch the match! Since no one on this board is giving up any valuable information about line ups, it looks as though you and the other West Tennessee boys will have to travel to Nashville to watch the Ryan - MBA match in order to get an idea of how tough Ryan really is this year. We are going up for the match; especially since it has been moved to Saturday night and does not conflict with "The Match". Perhaps we'll see you there -- I will look for Lewis' flowered shirt:)

No scouting report necessary. I have seen the Father Ryan boys (since that is who you seemed to call out) this season (Father Ryan Invitational, I was in my flowered shirt too) and many of them for several years now. Not to mention we couldn't come up since we were wrestling MUS and Briarcrest that night and I was helping to coach youth practice.

Sadly I can't attend the Father Ryan / MBA dual either as I will be in MO for the Misouri Natinoal Challenge with several of our youth program kids. Then headed to Illinois on Sunday for another tournament. It's a fun time now that we get to travel a little more.

However, if you would be so kind as to go ahead and forward over your scouting report from the FR / MBA match that would be greatly appreciated /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

In all seriousness though, if you aren't aware I do the DII rankings for the MatMan (TWF) rankings. Kind of difficult to do those and be close to accurate without results now isn't it...

Who in the heck is making excuses? How could someone make excuses? This is just like the football board. MBA and BA humiliate Ryan and the Ryan fans want to fight with everyone. It is wrestling season and it is Ryan's turn to do the humiliating and still you want to fight. Just be happy. You still have 7 months before football season starts again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Missing 135, 140, 160, 171, bumped from 130 - 160, started 4 freshmen & 1 8th graders. Does this ring a bell?

I am not trying to fight. Where did you get this? Are you reading the same post. Somebody posted about the parents from Ryan and I told you how the BA parents acted. The Ryan parents yelled stalling all night because that is what BA did. If this is trying to fight, than you are stretching it. Besides, I doubt there would be a fight because you would either forfeit or bump up a weight class.

You are correct in that MBA & BA humiliated Ryan in football, however, I am trying to determine what you would call winning 12 out of 14 matches, spanked, roasted, assaulted. I guess this explains their strategy. Excellent performance.

Facenthecrowd, you actually do a pretty nice job justifying my post . . .

"stop the crying"

"when did the refs start swallowing their whistles"

"bring your track shoes"

"BA had one gear . . ."

Class

No where has anyone made excuses or called Ryan's performance anything but dominating. Ryan has a wrestling program that BA aspires to and we knew going in that it was going to be rough. Youth/injuries were not excuses -- we were going to get beat anyway. I just didn't expect the whining/crying from a few of the fans. Agreed that our heavy spent the match backing up (it didn't work well for him by the way . . .). By your reactions in the stands, you'd have thought he was slapping your mother. If the match would have been close or in doubt I'd have understood the reactions a little better but to your point, the match was never in doubt. No body from BA cried when your 103 spent the third riding the mat with his lead (his strategy worked -- more power to him).

I agree that at least one of the BA fans made unneccessary comments (I'd argue that he was provoked, but it was embarrasing either way -- that is why I amended my original post). I was glad he moved to the other side of the gym. I hope that when we were up on you guys in football, our parents weren't crying like you guys were.

Ryan is in my opinion the top of the class in middle TN wrestling (state? probably, but we'll see) -- it would be nice if you acted like it.

Bluewhirlygig-----since CBHS was at the Ryan tournament (as was BA) I doubt that ghouse needs a scouting report from this match to see how tough Ryan really is this year. Why don't you save yourself and the rest of the McCallie boys the cost of the trip over from the right side to watch the Ryan-MBA match. Under the topic MBA v. Ryan 1/26/08, AtWsportscast has put up this post:

ATWSPORTSCAST

Manager

Group: Members

Member No.: 113,387

For those of you that cannot make the match we will be broadcasting a live video webcast of this event at:

www.atwsportscast.com

You guys might not be in shape to drive over anyway------from what's been posted about the Baylor v. McCallie contest so far "The" Match might not be even "a" Match. Might be more of a a beatdown.........unless there is some "valuable information" about the McCallie line-up that we have not seen on their two visits up here this year already (Ryan and GP West). Instead, "The Match" this year is shaping up to be Ryan v. Baylor in the state duals. Unless you guys have already headed back to the right side, you should be here in Nashville for that one.

Missing 135, 140, 160, 171, bumped from 130 - 160, started 4 freshmen & 1 8th graders. Does this ring a bell?

I am not trying to fight. Where did you get this? Are you reading the same post. Somebody posted about the parents from Ryan and I told you how the BA parents acted. The Ryan parents yelled stalling all night because that is what BA did. If this is trying to fight, than you are stretching it. Besides, I doubt there would be a fight because you would either forfeit or bump up a weight class.

You are correct in that MBA & BA humiliated Ryan in football, however, I am trying to determine what you would call winning 12 out of 14 matches, spanked, roasted, assaulted. I guess this explains their strategy. Excellent performance.

I did not even HINT that those starters would have made ANY difference in the match at all. Everyone of those starters would have still been underdogs. As I said, it is football season all over again - you want to fight. Either that or you suffer from a severe reading comprehension problem. The missing starters were mentioned as a possible reason why Cash bumped to 152. The freshmen and the 8th grader was mentioned as a potential reason that the BA wrestlers did not charge after the Ryan wrestlers with guns blazing. I was not making excuses, I was trying to comfort the typical Ryan fan that was whining, even after winning 12 of 14 matches. I did not see any problems with any parents for any school. However, based on your posts, I am pretty sure that I was not sitting close to you.

Once again, the reading comprehension problem rears its ugly head. I pretty much conceded it as humiliating. However, football had to be rougher on you than the wrestling on me. Ryan thought that they just might win in football - at least be close - OUCH. In wrestling Ryan is overwhelmingly better. Our expectations were pretty low.

2 Points from a Ryan wrestling fan:

1. The Tennessean has just about gotten out of the business of posting wrestling results in it`s paper....Wrestling scores and results are at the absolute bottom of the barrel unless they are put in to fill space on the scoreboard page...Also, Basketball capsules have also been trimmed back to just a few notable games to allow for more ad space...{This is from my source at the paper}

2. I`ve been watching Ryan wrestling matches for 30+ years and I have noticed a marked decline in fan decorum in the last 5 years....Mostly it is from parents of the kids involved....I don`t know what gives them the right to make fools of themselves and embarrass the child in the process....I suggested to one of the Ryan coaches that they hold a pre season sportsmanship seminar and make it mandatory that all parents of wrestlers attend....The coaches cannot control all fans behavior, but the parents of the wrestlers could be a better example to all .