Father Ryan vs. Brentwood Academy

In Hoc Signo Vinces

"Stalling is stalling regardless of what year you are. NashRef, when did the referees start swallowing their whistles when it came to stalling? Your comment about the Ryan fans was condescending. I guess we will have to wait to see a good ref as well? Or, will they ship in somebody from Chattanooga who knows what stalling is? It doesn't have to hit you in the side of the face to call it."

I personally take what you said in offense. Do not let the calls in one match that you do not agree with result in a indictment of all officials. Chattanooga has some very good officials but Nashville has more than there fair share as well. Until you have seen ALL officials and can back that statement up do not make generalisms with NOTHING to back that up!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Stalling is stalling regardless of what year you are. NashRef, when did the referees start swallowing their whistles when it came to stalling? Your comment about the Ryan fans was condescending. I guess we will have to wait to see a good ref as well? Or, will they ship in somebody from Chattanooga who knows what stalling is? It doesn't have to hit you in the side of the face to call it."

I personally take what you said in offense. Do not let the calls in one match that you do not agree with result in a indictment of all officials. Chattanooga has some very good officials but Nashville has more than there fair share as well. Until you have seen ALL officials and can back that statement up do not make generalisms with NOTHING to back that up!!

BoroRef, You need to calm down. I have seen most officials in Nashille as well as most in Chattanooga so I feel that I can back it up as this is not a generalization. If you had been at the Ryan tournament calling, you would have seen stalling called frequently throughout the tournament until the finals started. Stalling was called against all teams until the finals. There are some great officials in Nashville, however, stalling was rarely called at the BA match. This is not a generalization. This is my opinion and I believe if you watch the tape, you probably would agree. I even felt like a couple of the Ryan wrestlers stalled and it was not called and it was pretty obvious.

Do you realizae there is a football board? You constantly talk about football. This is wrestling. Was not taking anything away from BA's 2 victories out of 14, just a matter of fact, they got undressed in their own gym.

Good coaching decision, run, run, run. Should be proud.

You should take my comparison of the football spanking as a compliment.

My point EXACTLY! You "undress" us in our gym and you still cry about something. I haven't complained about the "undressing". The better team won. I will be cheering for you guys against Baylor. I just think it is ridiculous that you complain after winning 12 of 14 matches. Also, obviously, hypocritical that it is "better for the team" when your guy goes to 140 to avoid a match against our guy, but "running" when our guy does it.

You should take my comparison of the football spanking as a compliment.

My point EXACTLY! You "undress" us in our gym and you still cry about something. I haven't complained about the "undressing". The better team won. I will be cheering for you guys against Baylor. I just think it is ridiculous that you complain after winning 12 of 14 matches. Also, obviously, hypocritical that it is "better for the team" when your guy goes to 140 to avoid a match against our guy, but "running" when our guy does it.

Ryan did not have a wrestler go 140 to avoid, they moved their 140 up to 145 to wrestle Cash. Ignorance is no excuse.

Ryan did not have a wrestler go 140 to avoid, they moved their 140 up to 145 to wrestle Cash. Ignorance is no excuse.

You have mentioned that you think your guy will go to 140 for the state. I will not accuse him of "running" because I do not use your "sour - mad at the world logic".

I noticed that you avoided explaining why you cry after winning 12 of 14 matches. I theorize that it is more "sour - mad at the world...". Seven months is a long time. It is not too late to start trying to be happy. Then you can go back to the same old you in seven months. No one will blame you.

You have mentioned that you think your guy will go to 140 for the state. I will not accuse him of "running" because I do not use your "sour - mad at the world logic".

I noticed that you avoided explaining why you cry after winning 12 of 14 matches. I theorize that it is more "sour - mad at the world...". Seven months is a long time. It is not too late to start trying to be happy. Then you can go back to the same old you in seven months. No one will blame you.

Not mad at the world, you made that up. Not crying, another made up by you. Still bringing up football? Did you realize that ended 2 months ago. Can't accuse our 140 for running, he has been there, he was moved up, so who is running? Please read last sentence of preivous post, Ignorance is no excuse.

Not mad at the world, you made that up. Not crying, another made up by you. Still bringing up football? Did you realize that ended 2 months ago. Can't accuse our 140 for running, he has been there, he was moved up, so who is running? Please read last sentence of preivous post, Ignorance is no excuse.

Justin has wrestled more matches at 152 and 160 this year than he has at 145. So, to answer your question. I don't know and neither do you. The difference is that I am intellectually honest about it and you obviously are struggling with that concept.

Your reading comprehension problem continues to plague you. I "theorized" that you are mad at the world. See, I can't possibly know. Just like you can't possibly know why Cash wrestled 152, unless Coach Cash told you and he doesn't say much in general. When a person doesn't know for a fact, the best they can do is give an opinion or "theorize". Unlike some sour, mad at the world people, who represent their opinion as fact. The only person who should be mad is your 152. Maybe your are not a whining crybaby. You are just impersonating one.

By the way - your "Ignorance is no excuse" tag line loses some of the punch, when you spell "previous" incorrectly, just prior to the delivery. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Justin has wrestled more matches at 152 and 160 this year than he has at 145. So, to answer your question. I don't know and neither do you. The difference is that I am intellectually honest about it and you obviously are struggling with that concept.

Your reading comprehension problem continues to plague you. I "theorized" that you are mad at the world. See, I can't possibly know. Just like you can't possibly know why Cash wrestled 152, unless Coach Cash told you and he doesn't say much in general. When a person doesn't know for a fact, the best they can do is give an opinion or "theorize". Unlike some sour, mad at the world people, who represent their opinion as fact. The only person who should be mad is your 152. Maybe your are not a whining crybaby. You are just impersonating one.

By the way - your "Ignorance is no excuse" tag line loses some of the punch, when you spell "previous" incorrectly, just prior to the delivery. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thank you for the correction, however, as sad as it is, you still don't get it. Ryan beat BA and you can't let it go calling me a cry baby or now, impersonating one. This must really sting. See previous post. Even you should be able to get it.

P.S. See the Tennessean today for an update. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you for the correction, however, as sad as it is, you still don't get it. Ryan beat BA and you can't let it go calling me a cry baby or now, impersonating one. This must really sting. See previous post. Even you should be able to get it.

P.S. See the Tennessean today for an update. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh, I get it. I was there. I have made it pretty clear that the best team won. I even went along with your "undressed in our own gym" line. You also said that Ryan "dropped kicked us" and few other classy remarks. You introduced our football game this past Fall in this thread and then cried when I referenced it, as well. What I don't get is why you whine and cry (just read your posts - no theorizing here) after a decisive and impressive win: "...stalling...running...flattening...this not a football board...waaahhh..waaahh". You must be the 152 pounder or a close relative. I can't imagine anyone else being so unhappy after a such a great week of wrestling for Ryan. Just a theory.

Do you realizae there is a football board? You constantly talk about football. This is wrestling. Was not taking anything away from BA's 2 victories out of 14, just a matter of fact, they got undressed in their own gym.

Good coaching decision, run, run, run. Should be proud.

Again facenthecrowd you prove the point of my original post (which started this mess and which at this point I regret . . .). Great win by Ryan, tainted in my opinion by a few classless fans (and one classless poster).

Should be proud.

Clearly the Ryan wrestlers were technically better. I think coach Cash has done a good job at BA and he is developing some wrestlers but it will continue to take some time. As has been mentioned, this is a very young team.

I thought wrestlers on both sides conducted themselves well on the mats -- if Ryan's wrestlers were getting frustrated at BA's tactics, they didn't show it in their conduct. I was disapointed (not particularly surprized) in the Ryan fans though. Your team is dominating a younger, less talented team and there was more whining/bashing of the ref than I've heard at a match this year. One would hope that the parents would learn to conduct themselves with the same class as their wrestlers.

Overall an impressive showing by Ryan and a good learning experience for BA

Fan6, remember, I responded when you were classless talking about the Ryan parents so I responded in kind about the BA parents. You started the classless post.

Eaglez22, keep theorizing. I made a reference to football and you mention it in many posts. Just an observation. Also, not related to the 152 lb wrestler, although I know him and his father. I am very happy with the results of this week, however, there is still more wrestling to be done with the state tournament coming up. Believe me when I say I will be pulling for BA at the state as well as MBA. I want Middle Tennessee to have a strong showing. No whining and crying here. That's a fact.

Fan6, remember, I responded when you were classless talking about the Ryan parents so I responded in kind about the BA parents. You started the classless post.

Eaglez22, keep theorizing. I made a reference to football and you mention it in many posts. Just an observation. Also, not related to the 152 lb wrestler, although I know him and his father. I am very happy with the results of this week, however, there is still more wrestling to be done with the state tournament coming up. Believe me when I say I will be pulling for BA at the state as well as MBA. I want Middle Tennessee to have a strong showing. No whining and crying here. That's a fact.

I think if you will go back and read my original 2 posts on page 1 you will find that I was very complimentary of Father Ryan's wrestlers, their performance and most of their fans. I acknowledged that every school including ours has fans we wish would act better. I think "classless" started with your post and the insults ("bring track shoes", "stop crying" . . . blah blah blah).