Catholic in 2A. Predictions?

nikeair23

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic will be strong in district this year. So will CAK and AC. CAK I don't think lost much from last year but I am not sure. AC has some big spots to fill with out Byrge on the mound who Catholic almost beat last year in the tourney. Plus who knows what kind of head coach they have now? Loudon will probably sneak up on some people but they really should not be all that great. Kingston will be down but will not be an easy game by no means. Stone who I don't think lost anybody from last year I think will pull off some upsets this year.

The final prediction

Catholic

CAK- if they can play as a team if not then AC

AC- IF young guys can step up...They have big shoes to fill now that Byrge, Pack,and the Stooksbury kid is gone.

Loudon- Always competitive

Stone

Kingston- Maybe better if young guys step up

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Catholic cant get by loudon..what makes them think that even if they do that they would be able to compete with the district champs two years running in ac. They went 0-3 against them last year alone.

Good Point. The Catholic basketball fans started cheering "Lets play football" then switched to "Lets play baseball" after AC took the lead. Have they ever beaten AC? Maybe the munchkin has them all drinking the Sullivan-ade at Catholic. Nice field though. Maybe all the illegal practices will help.

HeyDI- I bet you love getting up and drving an hour and a half in the dark to throw BPs huh??????

At least you could have played in a state tournament game if you'd a stayed home.

Good Point. The Catholic basketball fans started cheering "Lets play football" then switched to "Lets play baseball" after AC took the lead. Have they ever beaten AC? Maybe the munchkin has them all drinking the Sullivan-ade at Catholic. Nice field though. Maybe all the illegal practices will help.

HeyDI- I bet you love getting up and drving an hour and a half in the dark to throw BPs huh??????

At least you could have played in a state tournament game if you'd a stayed home.

It is a great facility at catholic. All the teams in that district get a great deal when they go there to play. They get to play on a great field and come away with a district win. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and being in a dugout in a state game and actually playing in one are two different things. he would have probably got to do the first one if AC had an extra uniform.

and being in a dugout in a state game and actually playing in one are two different things. he would have probably got to do the first one if AC had an extra uniform.

Nah, you know he coulda DH'd. The boy can hit! Coach G was at least smart enough to keep him off the field. Every play he has at first is an adventure and the outfield is a comedy show. When he fields a bunt everybody better be ready- the first baseman, the right fielder, second baseman, the guy in the parking lot, windshield repair guy probably loves him with all those cars parked over there. Bet he coulda hit the gym if he'd stayed up here.

He does have a gun it just don't have a sight /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nah, you know he coulda DH'd. The boy can hit! Coach G was at least smart enough to keep him off the field. Every play he has at first is an adventure and the outfield is a comedy show. When he fields a bunt everybody better be ready- the first baseman, the right fielder, second baseman, the guy in the parking lot, windshield repair guy probably loves him with all those cars parked over there. Bet he coulda hit the gym if he'd stayed up here.

He does have a gun it just don't have a sight /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How do you know if he can hit or not..they play nobody until its time to play district games and they have no say so in wether or not to play those games or not. it's obvious they play nobody other than district games or they would be better prepared. Another thing, Catholic sure does do a good job of hiding the fact they start practicing earlier than the legal date because they still are not prepared any better than any 1a school around.

catholic , does everything that is legal to do, just because your coach is lazy and using rules as an excuse, does not mean that everybody else is not going to push the rules to the limit

Does everything that is legal....and then some. Sullivan follows his DADDY Pharr's routine. Was instructing on the field during the fall while the old asst coach threw BP legal? Certainly had more than 5 at a time on the field working together. At least they didn't have scrimmages in uniform with umpires during the fall like Farragut did. And I guess if you call everybody a pitcher, workouts can start alot earlier than practice. I talked to some of them and they said they were taking full advantage of those 60-70 degree days a few weeks ago. I guess the asst coach can hit them grounders at short if they're doing pitching workouts legally, right? I guess at a Catholic school you can talk about doing it right then break the rule and do some of those Hail Maries for forgiveness.

How does that work with the TSSAA?

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Catholic will run this district eventually, mark my words, they have all the making of a future powerhouse in 2A

They better do it quick. With the next classification, we may be moving to AAA with the multiplier. It would be a little tougher depending on which district we were put into. We would be hard pressed to beat Farragut, Bearden, S-D but could be in the mix in the other district. This may also lead to 4A in football.