McMinn Central

Butch & Sundance

did you guys here about Tellico upsetting Polk 9-8 Tuesday? Does anyone know the outcome of the Monday Game between Polk and Tellico. I guess mighty Polk may not be so MIGHTY!

Polk won Monday 9 to 5 and lost on Tuesday 9 to 8. Polk started a freshmen Tuesday that has never pitched and then brought in another kid that has only pitched one time in two years. After these two guys Coach Tripp. put in Polk's no. 5 or 6 pitcher and he shut them down. Tellico scored all 9 runs in the 1st, plus Polk had the tying run thrown out at the plate in the 6th. So you really can't judge this loss on how good or bad they really are. If they had pitched Bean or Phyllips and gotten beat you then you could say their not that good. However with either of those on the mound they will be contenders in the district. Just remember this is baseball you can lose to anyone on any given day!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central is good, but I think they are overrated, they aren't very solid hitting wise, and they maybe set for the next 2 years but what happens when they lose all of their starters? Matt Green and Corey King will be the two seniors, the freshman team this year has a lot of players and their were only 5 players to sign up for the city league that are in the 8th grade, Central's future isn't too bright right now.

Hey, you guys did spank us...I am not denying it! Kingston is in a down cycle right now and we are going to take our lumps. And yes, I was there when you whipped us soundly....and Rockwood whipped us soundly....thats why I was at the game last night, I wanted to see how the two of you compared. That pitcher for Rockwood was not just "on" for that game, he is the best pitcher in Roane County. In fact, he is a 3 yr starter at QB in football, and an all district basketball player also. He is probably the best athlete in Roane County and I know Kingston fans will be glad to see him graduate. You guys got a taste of what we have been seeing for the last four years. I am wondering what schools and what sport he is going to sign with. My rockwood connection tells me he has college offers in all 3 sports but I havent confirmed that. That big cleanup hitter has hit double digit homeruns every yr so far also and probably will again this year. So I think they have something special going on there. But I agree with another poster on here, pitching is going to be a major problem for Rockwood come state tournament time. In my opinion (and I am not an expert on Rockwood) they only have 2 quality pitchers. In fact, they lost tonight to Coalfield with their number 3 pitcher. And it wasnt just a loss....they got run ruled 15-5! Kinda makes your loss to Rockwood even more embarassing! You lost to a team by 6 that got run ruled tonight by another single A team!

All this just proves one thing, BASEBALL IS A UNIQUE SPORT. If you can beat a team by 5 touchdowns in football tonight, you can probably beat them every time. Thats the nature of the sport...and the same goes for basketball. If you have a major talent advantage you probably will get the same results each time. But in baseball, you can have a pitcher shutdown a team one night, and turn around and play them again with a different pitcher and the other team may win. Pitching is everything. I heard Rockwood pitchers walked 13 batters in the loss to Coalfield tonight after their ace didnt walk a single batter against McMinn!

yes you're right to a degree about pitching being everything but pitching and hitting go hand in hand and anyone can beat anyone on any givin day thats just baseball but really next time you go to post just write it down on paper and burn it .... it would do just as good

did you guys here about Tellico upsetting Polk 9-8 Tuesday? Does anyone know the outcome of the Monday Game between Polk and Tellico. I guess mighty Polk may not be so MIGHTY!

'

ok great .... this is not a polk or tellico board its mcminn central so you and butch can get each others numbers and talk bout that some other time

'

ok great .... this is not a polk or tellico board its mcminn central so you and butch can get each others numbers and talk bout that some other time

well if you wanna cry, complain, and make excuses about why you got drilled by Rockwood then why dont you make a forum about that...? and didnt Rockwood get demolished by raggedy Coalfield...? oh yea, thats right they did.. 15-5. Wow looks like you Central boys arent as good as you think you are. And since you said this is about Central and how far they'll go... ill tell you... nowhere.