Rockwood Tigers

Took

Rockwood has a lot coming back this year. Their senior class is one of the best i have ever. They lost a lot in that catcher, but they bring back a ton of hitting and some pretty good pitching. I would expect to see them and Lookout Valley back at the state tournament. And cant wait for some of that good homestyled cooking when i go to watch my nephew play at lookout. MmmMmm that food is good. here is what i see the tigers bringing back. Pitching. Breazeale,#21, and #7 should be the 1,2,3 for the Tigers. They also bring the Bats. Doughty and Allen are both studs who should both sign with good colleges. after that Rockwood is still a solid bunch. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers got work on the D this year.It really hurt them in some big games last year.I mean they should make it back to state but the D could be there downfall bc harriman will be tougher than they were last year but still don't have the talent to compete with a loaded talented senior rockwood class!The tigers will be tough again this year and have a very possible chance of bringing the title back to rockwood after they come back from murfessboro!Go get em tigers it sure would be nice to come back to graduation being the 2008 state champs!!!GOOD LUCK TIGERS!

I agree the tigers D cost them a couple games last year at anderson county twice against webb and at kingston..but the tigers are more mature and will be up to the task.Their alot more mature in the infield and outfield with clem takin over for whitaker and has experience behind the plate and should do a good job this year.cooper bein back at first along with breazeale there and duncan could see a little time there too.mayton back at second will be big in the middle and should be bein looked at by some colleges.duncan returning at short with tinker both were shaky at times and both looked really good at times so they both should have matured alot this year and should have a fine season together workin together.Bryant Allen is returning at third and is know more for has bat than glove but he has a good glove to go with that bat.He should improve his fielding alot more this year too!outfield is lookin good with doughty,hill,skidmore,treadway,breazeale.all will see time in the outfield somewhere!!tigers will be back in the boro in 08!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rockwood has a lot coming back this year. Their senior class is one of the best i have ever. They lost a lot in that catcher, but they bring back a ton of hitting and some pretty good pitching. I would expect to see them and Lookout Valley back at the state tournament. And cant wait for some of that good homestyled cooking when i go to watch my nephew play at lookout. MmmMmm that food is good. here is what i see the tigers bringing back. Pitching. Breazeale,#21, and #7 should be the 1,2,3 for the Tigers. They also bring the Bats. Doughty and Allen are both studs who should both sign with good colleges. after that Rockwood is still a solid bunch. What are your thoughts?

Rockwood Is like Kin-Folk to them Lookout Valley Folks. I see both Teams making a good run for State.

who in the region can play with the tigers?

Harriman didn't lose a player so they will obviously be the biggest threat for the Tigers in district play but I look for Coalfield to have a good season. They won District 4A last season, were upset by Harriman in region play, and only lost two starters in Hill and Duncan. They return pretty much all their pitching and they had the best defense in the region last year. If the Jackets don't leave a bunch of baserunners stranded like last year, they will be right in the mix for the district and maybe region championships.

I dont know if i would call it a upset, Cause neither team was really a fav. Coalfiled biggest problem is there pitching, and now since district games are back to back games thats not making it any better. Yea they might have had the best defense, but you have to score runs to give your D a break. This is going 2 be a great region this year. Cause really no1 lost anybody so every1 can play with whoever there playing. Rockwood is the fav, cause honestly when they are on there A game no1 in the region can play with them. But im worried that all this state talk is going 2 get in there heads. If they dont stay hungry to win like they did last year and just think every1 is going 2 lay down for them, they are going 2 get beat. And harriman has a really good ball club comming back, and they have the talent 2 go a long way. But the tigers are still my pick to be playing sub state at home. They just have 2 much raw talent, have the to best pitchers in the region in Duncan and Breazele. ANd one of the best hitters in the state in Doughty. But it should be a fun year 2 be a fan. CAUSE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE GAME OF BASEBALL

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading these posts and I know harriman and coalfield are proud of their teams but they dont stand a chance in dethroning rockwood from the region championship. The only thing that will keep rockwood out of the state again will be losing in the sectional. That is the only real regular season worry they will have. They dont have to worry about getting the big head or talking state to early. All championship teams focus on the big picture.

If memory serves me right, Rockwood scored in double figures in every game they played against region and district opponents except one! That is an almost impossible task to accomplish in baseball but they have that kind of offensive firepower. They only lost one starter but had something 14 or 15 juniors that basically did everything last year except the catchers spot. They have replaced that senior catcher with a guy that started last yr in the outfield and has already signed a college scholarship, so I dont see that being a major loss.

I totally agree that defense is going to be the main point of concern for the tigers. They had a lot of holes in the infield last yr (especially at third, short and second). They will need to shore up those spots to be a state championship team. However, even with the weak defense last yr, they still made it to the state and finished in the top 6. Without a doubt they have the best pitcher in the region in breazele who according to the internet was 10-3. As a yellow jacket fan, I watched him kill us last yr with his arm and his bat. We beat duncan but it wasnt easy. Duncan posted 6-5 and the skidmore kid was 6-1. That is a good nucleus but if they want to win the state they will need to add some more pitching. Cooper is not going to be a facter in my opinion because his arm and back are MAJOR issues and when he is healthy he is not the same level pitcher as their aces. So I expect the tigers to have to be able to develop some more pitching if they want a ring. And dont get me wrong I am not knocking the tigers, I like to see roane county teams do well, it makes us all look good when they do, but defense and pitching are going to be what makes or breaks rockwoods title run this yr. They can hit and score runs with anyone!

I am afraid most of us in roane county will have to take our lumps this yr from the tigers. The yellow jackets were the only team to beat them last yr and they pounded harriman 5 times! But next yr, the tiger dominance will come to an end and it will be harrimans time to shine. Untill then, we just have to bide our time because this senior dominated team is going to be the beast of east tennessee.