Chattanooga Area Top Ten

mtnman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was a better test than I was hoping for. The Owls lost to Baylor 2-0. We could not get anything going. The midfield and defenders stopped us at every turn. They looked very strong in ever phase of the game. Very physical game by both teams but clean.

So much for the Owls Nest.....scrimmage has been moved to Baylor today. Our field will not hold water and Baylor's field will. They have a beautiful soccer facility with I guess a great drainage system? Big test for Ooltewah.....Go Owls!

Did'nt see any fire power from CCS vs Baylor. They played with 10 guys on defense.

Baylor has a very good team and should get another shot at a state title. CCS was playing without a starting forward and a starting midfielder due to injury so CCS should be able to move past this and have a good season.

From you post you have alot of knowledge of CCS...probably a parent. Notre Dame lost alot from last years team. You mention that CCS last their top 2 scorers but that is all from last years team. And that their is ample firepower this year. Who is stepping up for your team so far. I know that the real season has not started but teams are getting a feel for who goes where now. Eleven seniors is alot of experience.

Well, because of injuries a couple of our starters have yet to play in any scrimmages so hopefully by Tuesday they should be at full strength hopefully.

Good luck to you on your season.

Baylor has a very good team and should get another shot at a state title. CCS was playing without a starting forward and a starting midfielder due to injury so CCS should be able to move past this and have a good season.

I think sometimes with success....it gets harder to fill a schedule. Baylor had some local teams that would not play them this year and had to hustle to fill the rest of the schedule. Weekly did not really have much choice in some of this. We start with Ringgold tomorrw at Baylor. Their season started the first week of February so they have playing time under their belt. Don't really know anything about them though. We do play Ridgeland this week also....as does McCallie. Looking at the rest of the schedule Baylor plays Bearden, Knox Catholic, Maryville, Notre Dame, McCallie, CSAS, Riverdale, Webb, McMinn County....and a few others. I don't have the complete schedule with me. Most of those teams are yearly powers....don't see that as being weak at all. You fill in where you have to. I would imagine if you looked at any teams schedule they might not have the string of powers that was mentioned above. Curious which of these other teams do you consider soft?

whats up with Baylors schedule this year? Ringgold, Ridgeland, David Brainerd and some other "softer" teams. They usually have a tough schedule. Will this prepare them for a state tournament run? Surprised Weekly would play some of these teams.

Unfortunately this is probably true of all teams. Most do not have everyone play at scrimmages because of an injury of two or they maybe have not reported from wrestling or basketball. Should be a great season!

Well, because of injuries a couple of our starters have yet to play in any scrimmages so hopefully by Tuesday they should be at full strength hopefully.

Soccer officially starts today (since I am up at 2:00am) in Chattanooga with 3 games that I am aware of. Ringgold travels to Baylor for a game @ 6:00. Ridgeland will be at McCallie and I believe CSAS and Soddy play in the other game. Both Ringgold and Ridgeland have been playing for one month now...since Ga teams begin in February. Looking for a great soccer season in the Chattanooga area!

Well I don't want to offend anyone and who really knows who has what this year but

I would considor the following teams that are on their schedule 'soft' when compared to Baylor.

Ringgold

Ridgeland

Hixson

David Brainerd

All I am saying is it surprised me but I can imagine scheduling games can be difficult. They used to go to touraments in memphis but that has to be taxing to have to travel out there every year. I am glad they are playing more local teams. It's good for Chattanooga soccer.