EAsy and hard Lanes!

Pba Kid

What are some easy houses to bowl on and what r some hard houses to bowl on????

Smyrna is always good or ok in bowling and they get a Advantage because state and reg (for there dist and reg are at Smyrna ) and state is always in Smyrna why is that??

I think dol bowl is the worst bowling alley it is a old musty bowling ally that oils with old oil

but that is every1 fav/easyiest/hardest houses to bowl on???

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are my favorite alleys in order from most favorite to least favorite:

1. Holiday Bowl Hixson

2. Smyrna (I'm not sure what the name of this one is)

3. Galaxy Lanes

4. Holiday Bowl Brainerd

5. Savannah Bowling Center (again, this may be wrong)

6. Tri-State

7. Sequatchie Center (yeah... Sorry. This might also not be right)

These are the houses in which I've bowled and, from what I can tell, are in order from highest scoring to lowest scoring (for my individual style at least). Basically, if you're looking for a challenge and possibly to humble yourself, bowl at Tri-State or Sequatchie. If you wanna show off your high-scoring hardcore self, bowl at Smyrna or Holiday Bowl Hixson. Sometimes, Holiday Bowl Brainerd has a decent shot as well, but I've come to find that they are often very dry and spotty. These are just my observations. Hope this helps:)

And math because his 185 turned into 213 or some other imaginary figure. All of you that post here are trained about how to use a computer at some point or you would not be on the 'net. So before you post it, type your message into "Word" or some other program first then hit "Spelling and grammar" so the people that did pay attention in school can actually read and understand what you are trying to tell us. After you have corrected it copy and paste on this site for us. Thanks from the old folks!

Your desire to know about easy and difficult houses is this. Houses known for difficult conditions is a misnomer. The centers known as difficult usually have poor conditioning schedules or they are trying to save money by not oiling except when necessary. Ebonite's Galaxy Lanes is "easy" because we keep things up and have one of the most knowledgeable people in America on our staff, Norm Titus, and a mechanic who takes pride in the condition of the center, Jason Dickey. We put a sport condition down several times a week for the Martin Methodist College practice sessions. If you desire to practice on this, we have a special 2 hour rate for that. Call for more info.

Good Luck to all teams and individuals @ Smyrna this week!!

I truly think you should have paid more attention in English composition class.

I don't have any intention of disrespecting you, but I've noticed that about 30% of the comments you post on here are directed toward the lack of correct grammar use and misspellings as typed by other users on this site. If you find that someone has typed something incorrectly, or even incoherently, maybe try helping them by posting a reply that will make the point they are trying to address more clear and logical as opposed to attempting to make the person feel inferior to your seemingly flawless intelligence level. If you think that by reducing the feelings of another person to nothing more than embarressment and inferiority makes you look like the "cool guy" or the "top dog" you're sadly mistaken my fellow scholar. Instead, try not to point out others' incorrectitude when you have failed to successfully address and improve your own. I'm sure the topic-starter of this particular subject was aware of the ineptitude he/she possessed to fully assert his/her point. I believe this point was something along the lines of "which alleys are the best and which alleys are the worst?" not "should I have paid more attention in my english composition classes?" Who knows? Maybe this person is a prodigy of the sport of bowling and simply wanted to know which alleys to avoid and which ones to target. Maybe after reading your rude and unnecssarily posted reply, he/she felt so inferior to your God-like english skills, that he/she pursued English composition instead of bowling. If that was the case, the world has now missed out on the next Walter Ray or Tommy Jones thanks to the impolite, not to mention completely irrational, remark you gave him/her. Furthermore, was your "suggestion" toward this innocent person brought about by your innability to comprehend the message altogether? Even if it was composed poorly, I think most anyone could understand the valid question the writer was trying to ask. Maybe you should have paid attention in the classes that target the sections of the brain that allow for comprehension of non-obvious verbage. Reading comprehension, perhaps? All I'm trying to argue is this: if you could understand what the question was, why waste your time criticizing someone's writing instead of simply helping them? It almost seems selfish to try to promote your own understanding of the english language rather than assisting a young bowler in a topic that is actually quite valid. And by the way, I've gotten about twenty different complaints from many different people about you and your ridiculous statements on this website (not that I am saying that ALL of your statements on this website are ridiculous, because some are informative). They wanted me to inform you that high school, at least for you, is over and that you should grow up and stop picking arguments with high school students about english and grammar usage.

Think I hit a nerve?

Yeah coach, I think you and I both did.

However, if you've read 30% of my posts you've been a busy boy. And yes, I do like correct grammar and spelling when posts are made so that I can understand what the poster is trying to say.

If you find that someone has typed something incorrectly, or even incoherently, maybe try helping them by posting a reply that will make the point they are trying to address more clear and logical as opposed to attempting to make the person feel inferior to your seemingly flawless intelligence level.

Nah, I ain't all that smart. I do understand that if you make a post it is so that others may read it and understand it. It is not my job to post things to try and HELP a poster that I can't understand. If you're going to post, make it legible.

If you think that by reducing the feelings of another person to nothing more than embarressment and inferiority makes you look like the "cool guy" or the "top dog" you're sadly mistaken my fellow scholar.

Once again, your view of my posts is your view. At least you can understand what I am saying. Also, I am way too old to care about the need to be the "cool guy", etc. and lastly, you ain't my fellow scholar.

Maybe this person is a prodigy of the sport of bowling and simply wanted to know which alleys to avoid and which ones to target. Maybe after reading your rude and unnecssarily posted reply, he/she felt so inferior to your God-like english skills, that he/she pursued English composition instead of bowling. If that was the case, the world has now missed out on the next Walter Ray or Tommy Jones thanks to the impolite, not to mention completely irrational, remark you gave him/her.

If he/she is a prodigy of bowling, does that mean they don't have to be able to write? Rude and unnecessary posts? I'm not his or your daddy. If you don't like what is said, don't read it. All I asked was the posts to be made so that everyone can read them. Don't write them like they are lyrics to Rap songs or text messages, they're neither.

And by the way, I've gotten about twenty different complaints from many different people about you and your ridiculous statements on this website (not that I am saying that ALL of your statements on this website are ridiculous, because some are informative). They wanted me to inform you that high school, at least for you, is over and that you should grow up and stop picking arguments with high school students about english and grammar usage.

Good for you. There is a tab under everyone's posts that says "REPORT". If you find something objectionable, REPORT it to the moderators.

And lastly, my post was addressed to pba kid to pay more attention in English wasn't even addressed to you. Where's your dog in this fight?

I suggest that you follow the advice of CoachCCHS. Write your posts in Word first, spell/grammar check them and then post. All I really want to do is be able to read what ya'll write and understand it. PERIOD.

(Oh I almost forgot. SequatchieBowler17, your posts would be a lot easier to read if you would start a new paragraph every once in a while and not have what appears to be one long sentence. Just a suggestion.)

Yeah coach, I think you and I both did.

However, if you've read 30% of my posts you've been a busy boy. And yes, I do like correct grammar and spelling when posts are made so that I can understand what the poster is trying to say.

Nah, I ain't all that smart. I do understand that if you make a post it is so that others may read it and understand it. It is not my job to post things to try and HELP a poster that I can't understand. If you're going to post, make it legible.

Once again, your view of my posts is your view. At least you can understand what I am saying. Also, I am way too old to care about the need to be the "cool guy", etc. and lastly, you ain't my fellow scholar.

If he/she is a prodigy of bowling, does that mean they don't have to be able to write? Rude and unnecessary posts? I'm not his or your daddy. If you don't like what is said, don't read it. All I asked was the posts to be made so that everyone can read them. Don't write them like they are lyrics to Rap songs or text messages, they're neither.

Good for you. There is a tab under everyone's posts that says "REPORT". If you find something objectionable, REPORT it to the moderators.

And lastly, my post was addressed to pba kid to pay more attention in English wasn't even addressed to you. Where's your dog in this fight?

I suggest that you follow the advice of CoachCCHS. Write your posts in Word first, spell/grammar check them and then post. All I really want to do is be able to read what ya'll write and understand it. PERIOD.

(Oh I almost forgot. SequatchieBowler17, your posts would be a lot easier to read if you would start a new paragraph every once in a while and not have what appears to be one long sentence. Just a suggestion.)

sorry cats i dont have allday to sit at a computer and talk on here...and talk about HS bowling...i dont have to beable to write right...i know how to write X and i will teach u how to write a X in bowling to..so if u r just going to sit here and say this and say that about people you need to grow up..and u better be a bowler yourself..because i would love to bowl you...iam 20 yrs old i went to overton high school i was class of 06 and it was the year before the singles could do state and i wish i could of done it..coachs ranked me 3rd in the state of tn 1 was kyle burnes, 2nd was chris white nad 3rd was me...so i know how to bowl and i dont think i really need to learn how to write or type with 17 300's on my back 300 is a perfect game if u didnt know cats and that is how u write X now now u go to the bowling alley and you go practice them lil x's and then when u r ready you hit me up and i will write u in my book of to do's thanks cats and good luck to your child in State...but i really dont think she is going to beat the hardin co girl meagan...but good luck!

sorry cats i dont have allday to sit at a computer and talk on here...and talk about HS bowling...i dont have to beable to write right...i know how to write X and i will teach u how to write a X in bowling to..so if u r just going to sit here and say this and say that about people you need to grow up..and u better be a bowler yourself..because i would love to bowl you...iam 20 yrs old i went to overton high school i was class of 06 and it was the year before the singles could do state and i wish i could of done it..coachs ranked me 3rd in the state of tn 1 was kyle burnes, 2nd was chris white nad 3rd was me...so i know how to bowl and i dont think i really need to learn how to write or type with 17 300's on my back 300 is a perfect game if u didnt know cats and that is how u write X now now u go to the bowling alley and you go practice them lil x's and then when u r ready you hit me up and i will write u in my book of to do's thanks cats and good luck to your child in State...but i really dont think she is going to beat the hardin co girl meagan...but good luck!

David, you have not bowled 17 300's and you were not 3rd in the state your senior year. You averaged 182 your senior year. I have the scoresheets. Kyle Barnes averaged like 230 that year. You're not even in his league dude.

Well I went to Soddy Daisy High School and was in the class of 06 and didnt get to bowl in the singles as well. But I ended with a 220 average that year. To bad they waited another year to do it. But to answer the question about easy and hard lanes....here is my top 5 from easy to hard.

1. Holiday Bowl Brainerd

2. Holiday Bowl Hixson

3. Smyrna Bowling Center

4. Galaxy Lanes

5. Savannah Bowling Center

Those are my top 5. The first two is where I do most of my practicing and leagues. This year my team on Monday night at Hoilday Bowl Brainerd broke the 5 man scratch series record shooting 3733. With scores of 660,735,710, and 814 by both me and my dad.

Good Luck to all teams going to State

-cmass-

David,

If your a good bowler it should not matter what house you bowl at or which house is better. Good bowlers adjust no matter what. And on the topic about you being 3rd best in state no there were people better but you know i was the best on the team in 06.. I had coaches come up to me and ask me if i was bowling the next year when i went to watch my brother Stephen bowl and i told them no i graduated and the coaches said thats good because they didn't wanna face me.. I mean i believe if they would have had state that year i cold have went there and done really well. And i have mad respect for for the bowlers that i bowled because why your trying to beat them they had earned my respect. Im moving on man im going to be the assistant for Overton next year and im going to help them do what i wasnt able to and thats get to state. Our year the team fell apart at regions and i hated it because i bowled awesome but i want these kids and my brother to have a better opportunity then i did.Man listen me and you been cool for awhile but its not cool to get on here and try and pick arguements with other people. And i know for a fact you have not bowel 17 300 man why you trying to lie...Listen this topic is totally bogus like i said if your good you can bowl anywhere no matter what and thats that