Marion @ Grundy

MCRoadWarrior

ur right whowitit..what do you know? haha jk...i guess u a little bit more than me which seems to be nothing on this board...marion has the best coaches staff..duh..just ask the 5 marion posters on here /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats just the thing, Your biggest rivalry South Pitt... HOWEVER, we here on the mountain consider you guys our biggest rivals... We play you guys every time like you guys played South Pitt /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I agree with that statement totally Grundyplayer. To me any contests involving SP/MC are the ones most anticipated. I just cannot view Grundy contests with the same fervor. That's just me; I'm not sure the BB players feel the same, but I suspect most do. Teddy definitely does not. Hopefully he'll have everyone fired up for Friday night. I'm hoping for another exciting game with the results tilted in Marions favor this time around.

I would have to disagree with Grundyplayer on grundy not being our biggest rival, at least not in basketball.... Granted SP is our biggest school and football rival but when it comes to basketball it gets no bigger for us than Grundy/Marion... Whowitit, you might have misworded you previous statement about being dominate over the past couple of years because i don't have the facts in front of me but off the top of my head i think marion/grundy has split in the regular season since the year after you graduated but the overall record over the past decade is ugly.... Also, please, i beg you, exclude me from the list of the "5 posters" on here that think marion has the best coaching staff

Now to the game, Boo is a very streaky shooter, he has proven that since he was playing JV against marion and i've seen it in pickup but if he isn't on and Seagroves doesn't carry the load then i see Marion winning pretty easily since Sartain and even Shrum do not see enough time IMO... one last thing 123kid, i agree grundy is deeper and have just as good if not better "basketball" players but not athletes...

I would have to disagree with Grundyplayer on grundy not being our biggest rival, at least not in basketball.... Granted SP is our biggest school and football rival but when it comes to basketball it gets no bigger for us than Grundy/Marion... Whowitit, you might have misworded you previous statement about being dominate over the past couple of years because i don't have the facts in front of me but off the top of my head i think marion/grundy has split in the regular season since the year after you graduated but the overall record over the past decade is ugly.... Also, please, i beg you, exclude me from the list of the "5 posters" on here that think marion has the best coaching staff

Now to the game, Boo is a very streaky shooter, he has proven that since he was playing JV against marion and i've seen it in pickup but if he isn't on and Seagroves doesn't carry the load then i see Marion winning pretty easily since Sartain and even Shrum do not see enough time IMO... one last thing 123kid, i agree grundy is deeper and have just as good if not better "basketball" players but not athletes...

Grundy split my Freshman year (2002-03), won 2 games to 1 my Sophmore(2003-04), WAS THE ONLY 3 GAMES WE WON my Junior year(2004-05), and Swept them my Senior year(2005-06). Then split with them last year(2006-07). Coach Holt came in my Sophmore year and has only lost 2 times to them, and

So yea.... I would say since Coach Holt has taken over Grundy has dominated this series.

Im about 95 % sure thats how it's gone down... Coach Holt is 9-2 against Marion, You don't think thats dominance ?

If you had read my post carefully you would have noticed i said regular season and that i wasn't 100 percent sure... in 01-02, 02-03, 03-04, 06-07 they were splits, i'm not sure about the other two years, i know one of the years was a sweep but not sure about the other one.... now the play-in games are a totally different story, that's where the domination factor comes in... but like i said before in my post i was just commenting on regular season

Boo Parsons is like all shooters, you've got your good and bad days,but he is smart enough not to force shots when they are not falling.With Tipton, Dyer and Sartian somebody will be hitting the outside shot.As for Seagroves, I look for him to play big every game, and you've always got the "hornet express" Butner and Partin with their all around floor game.So I pick Grundy by 10!

Boo Parsons is like all shooters, you've got your good and bad days,but he is smart enough not to force shots when they are not falling.With Tipton, Dyer and Sartian somebody will be hitting the outside shot.As for Seagroves, I look for him to play big every game, and you've always got the "hornet express" Butner and Partin with their all around floor game.So I pick Grundy by 10!

Werrrd!?!?!

If you had read my post carefully you would have noticed i said regular season and that i wasn't 100 percent sure... in 01-02, 02-03, 03-04, 06-07 they were splits, i'm not sure about the other two years, i know one of the years was a sweep but not sure about the other one.... now the play-in games are a totally different story, that's where the domination factor comes in... but like i said before in my post i was just commenting on regular season

Ha, 9-2.... 9-2... =)

i dont get autographs i have daily conversations...i talk basketball when i talk to coaches therefore i gain knowledge...do i think i know more than 90% of the people on this topic, YES without a doubt...

as for the game...if cody and teddy don't get 70% of the shots, see if grundy doesnt get a double digit lead...then lets watch how marions coach adjust...i will take Coach Holt over any coach in 6AA...the guy knows his basketball...Grundy did beat Marion so how are you arguing that Grundy isn't better at something.

Jasper fans always have acted like they were the best in the world, even 5 years ago when i was there for one year and bolted for grundy. (yea that gives away who i am)..hahaha

I didn't say that grundy wasn't better at something, just said it couldn't be both. Like I said, I haven't seen Grundy play this year, but I doubt they have as much top end talent as marion, like whowitit said, probably definitly deeper since marion doesn't play over six kids. I haven't seen grundy's coaching staff, but I do have a pretty good idea of who's staff is better. Hopefully, soon that will start getting turned around.

i agree with what your sayin DP....zephan has around 20-25...and grundy wins by 10 because of i'll take sartain in this one..i say he is the one who catches fire..and seagroves come up huge with his mid range jumpers...i just cant see in no way marion coming to the mtn this year and winning