is DC better than booker T?

whitson08

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co. has the EXACT team as last year. This year they seem to be playing better as now the kids that transferred in from Dyersburg have experienced more playing time with the kids that started out at DC. DC will be one of the teams from the West to be playing in Murfreesboro. I've seen Memphis Mitchell play and I must say that DC is a much better team than Mitchell. I know that isn't BTW, but I think I've heard several Memphis folks say Mitchell is better than BTW this year.

Don't really know about that...Mitchell has just started playing up to their potential and their experinced too...but BTW is really hungry...and i know they would love a rematch with dc after what happened last year..

I've seen both Dyer Co. and Memphis Mitchell here recently. Dyer Co. looked better but Mitchell is much more physical. Eric Buggs and CJ Crittendon would make ONE HECK OF A MATCHUP! The kid from Mitchell that has committed to ETSU (#25 I think) can shoot lights out as can Justin Blake from DC. I do think that Mitchell would have more of an advantage down in the post as DC does play hard but just not as physical.

I've seen both Dyer Co. and Memphis Mitchell here recently. Dyer Co. looked better but Mitchell is much more physical. Eric Buggs and CJ Crittendon would make ONE HECK OF A MATCHUP! The kid from Mitchell that has committed to ETSU (#25 I think) can shoot lights out as can Justin Blake from DC. I do think that Mitchell would have more of an advantage down in the post as DC does play hard but just not as physical.

cant argue with that gc...and #25 for Mitchell is Jarvis Jones..been starting since 10th and he was a real zone buster with thad and crew but was injured at the state that year....

My take on the subject is this. BTW should have won in the sub-state last year against DC, because BTW was the better team. I saw too many times were guards would try to force the issue and offset Blake.When he shot a deep three they would do the same instead of going to the post.So BTW LOST A 10 point lead in a couple minutes and got sent home.This year DC is more complete as a team, they have 6 players averaging in double figures. DC will press you and speed the tempo up to take big low post guys out of the game. They don't turn the ball over much for the amount of trips up and down the court.DC has an extremely deep bench, who can hold their own.It seems that they love to play defense ,which is unusual for high school kids.

Mitchell has a whip down there, but they are just not disciplined enough. You don't beat a team by 20 then lose at home a week later to that same team.I think they are dangerous, but DC will exploit their flaws. Just my opinion.

BTW and Mitchell had better both bring their A game when they bump heads in that region, because it is hard to come up to DC and win that sub-state game.Then the regional champs won't meet again til the state championship game if they both win out.

i have a question for all choctaw fans and players because the word going around is that the dyer county coach is recruiting. is it true that he got players from dyersburg middle and from new madrid to transfer next year? i certainly hope its not because i have respect for mccord and what he has done to a team that was always in trouble both on the court and froedens recruiting.