Who's the best in West Tennessee this year

Linedriver

are you serious..... cbhs is d2 the teams in that division are not as talented as aaa teams...if bartlett was to ever play cbhs bartlett would easily stop the smack talk...wow they won state last year so did bartlett yet bartlett defeated teams such as south doyle,science hill,houston,usj,LEXINGTON CATHOLIC(who was ranked top 20 in the nation),and Farragut...and whose 19th in the nation(bartlett)

The top D2 teams are able to compete with any of the AAA teams. They didn't create D2 because the teams were bad. In 2008 Bartlett should be able to win a 3 game series against any Tennessee team due to their overall experience.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you serious..... cbhs is d2 the teams in that division are not as talented as aaa teams...if bartlett was to ever play cbhs bartlett would easily stop the smack talk...wow they won state last year so did bartlett yet bartlett defeated teams such as south doyle,science hill,houston,usj,LEXINGTON CATHOLIC(who was ranked top 20 in the nation),and Farragut...and whose 19th in the nation(bartlett)

I see it is your first post, so I won't take it too personally. Like cbq said, they did not creat DII because the teams can't compete. If you want to look at the 2007 Bartlett team vs. the 2007 CBHS team you would have a really great match up. They could play a dozen times and every game could go either way. Throw Heath or JM Davis on the hill and Bartlett probably wins if they score 3 runs be because thats all those two pitchers would normally need in my opinion. Other than that I'd say they were pretty evenly matched, both getting 40 wins which is very impressive. Now "berenator", if you want to compare program to program that is a different story. The 2007 Bartlett team is without a doubt the best team Bartlett has ever seen. The 2007 Christian Brother's team is one of the many great teams they have had. It was the 10th state championship (which is a TN record). Be realistic when you talk about teams like Bartlett and CBHS playing. They were both very talented last year, and neither would easily take care of the other.

I see it is your first post, so I won't take it too personally. Like cbq said, they did not creat DII because the teams can't compete. If you want to look at the 2007 Bartlett team vs. the 2007 CBHS team you would have a really great match up. They could play a dozen times and every game could go either way. Throw Heath or JM Davis on the hill and Bartlett probably wins if they score 3 runs be because thats all those two pitchers would normally need in my opinion. Other than that I'd say they were pretty evenly matched, both getting 40 wins which is very impressive. Now "berenator", if you want to compare program to program that is a different story. The 2007 Bartlett team is without a doubt the best team Bartlett has ever seen. The 2007 Christian Brother's team is one of the many great teams they have had. It was the 10th state championship (which is a TN record). Be realistic when you talk about teams like Bartlett and CBHS playing. They were both very talented last year, and neither would easily take care of the other.

I AGREE WITH YOU "HSBASEBALLFAN03"..ANOTHER THING, I DON'T THINK THE PLAYERS REALLY CARE,MOST OF THE PLAYERS ON BOTH TEAMS ARE REALLY GOOD FRIENDS..DURING THE SEASON AND ON THE OFF SEASON. THE FACT IS BOTH TEAMS ARE VERY GOOD IN THEIR LEAGUE,BARTLETT FINALLY GOT SOME GOOD PLAYERS TO COMPETE WITH THE OTHER AAA TEAMS AND CBHS ALWAYS (IT SEEMS)TO HAVE GOODS PLAYERS TO COMPETE IN D2. I BELIEVE BOTH TEAMS WILL HAVE VERY GOOD YEARS,EVEN IF THEY DON'T WIN STATE.

Bolivar, Lexington and USJ will be among the best West Tennessee teams (outside of Shelby County) this year in AA.

single A ,will be strong with Mckenzie , huntingdon and JCS

Class AA , almost every year , USJ, after that Bolivar , Lexington and Dyer Co,,,what the heck throw in Dyersburg

Class AAA, doesn`t have a standout team yet but Hardin Co usually finds enough good players to give most teams all the game they want

I AGREE WITH YOU "HSBASEBALLFAN03"..ANOTHER THING, I DON'T THINK THE PLAYERS REALLY CARE,MOST OF THE PLAYERS ON BOTH TEAMS ARE REALLY GOOD FRIENDS..DURING THE SEASON AND ON THE OFF SEASON. THE FACT IS BOTH TEAMS ARE VERY GOOD IN THEIR LEAGUE,BARTLETT FINALLY GOT SOME GOOD PLAYERS TO COMPETE WITH THE OTHER AAA TEAMS AND CBHS ALWAYS (IT SEEMS)TO HAVE GOODS PLAYERS TO COMPETE IN D2. I BELIEVE BOTH TEAMS WILL HAVE VERY GOOD YEARS,EVEN IF THEY DON'T WIN STATE.

I actually had that very conversation with my mother tonight. Most of the players really don't care, and most of them are friends. I am a former CBHS baseball player, and I had plenty of friends at Bartlett that played ball. I actually work with one of them now. It is more the parents and the fans that get caught up in whose better, which is a little funny. I've got a little brother on the team at CBHS now, and I personally know some of the Bartlett players and they are all friends that I know of. I root for Bartlett in pretty much any game they play but CBHS obviously. I grew up in Bartlett and very recently moved out of Bartlett, so it is my home, and I have nothing against it. I hope the day of the state championships that Bartlett is warming up to win their next state title while CBHS is getting off the field celebrating theirs, and I'll watch both games, just like I did this past year.

weve got a genius. its news to me that Christian Brothers is in DII.

but what you have overlooked is that while the aaa public schools around memphis, the surrounding areas AND the state have had good years, bad years, sub par years, etc., the Brothers have maintained a tradition of beating most everybody they play on a consistent basis. just take a look at the records...30+ wins/season over the past decade. please show me another team that has done that. good luck.

f.y.i.-- no body likes to play Christian Brothers because they know they have to "strap it on."

weve got a genius. its news to me that Christian Brothers is in DII.

but what you have overlooked is that while the aaa public schools around memphis, the surrounding areas AND the state have had good years, bad years, sub par years, etc., the Brothers have maintained a tradition of beating most everybody they play on a consistent basis. just take a look at the records...30+ wins/season over the past decade. please show me another team that has done that. good luck.

f.y.i.-- no body likes to play Christian Brothers because they know they have to "strap it on."

I actually had that very conversation with my mother tonight. Most of the players really don't care, and most of them are friends. I am a former CBHS baseball player, and I had plenty of friends at Bartlett that played ball. I actually work with one of them now. It is more the parents and the fans that get caught up in whose better, which is a little funny. I've got a little brother on the team at CBHS now, and I personally know some of the Bartlett players and they are all friends that I know of. I root for Bartlett in pretty much any game they play but CBHS obviously. I grew up in Bartlett and very recently moved out of Bartlett, so it is my home, and I have nothing against it. I hope the day of the state championships that Bartlett is warming up to win their next state title while CBHS is getting off the field celebrating theirs, and I'll watch both games, just like I did this past year.

Personally, I would like to see CBHS play Bartlett and see the outcome. I think it would be a close call either way. I am a CBHS fan so I would have to say that CBHS would win, but who knows. But like hsbaseballfan03 said, if you want to compare tradition, then Bartlett is nowhere close to CBHS, true they had a dynamite team last year, but CBHS has one every year. On an off season CBHS goes 30 wins or more. You have to admit that that is impressive. But like I said, I would like to see CBHS play Bartlett sometime soon.

Personally, I would like to see CBHS play Bartlett and see the outcome. I think it would be a close call either way. I am a CBHS fan so I would have to say that CBHS would win, but who knows. But like hsbaseballfan03 said, if you want to compare tradition, then Bartlett is nowhere close to CBHS, true they had a dynamite team last year, but CBHS has one every year. On an off season CBHS goes 30 wins or more. You have to admit that that is impressive. But like I said, I would like to see CBHS play Bartlett sometime soon.

YOU ARE RIGHT..CBHS ALWAYS SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD TEAM. BUT.... THE 2007 AND 2008 BARTLETT TEAM IS BY FAR BETTER THEN THE CHBS 2007 AND 2008 TEAM. I DON'T THINK CBHS HAS THE TALENT IN ALL POSITION THEN BARTLETT. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LIKE CBHS,BUT I THINK BARTLETT IS BETTER RIGHT NOW...BUT THAT WILL CHANGE AFTER 2008....CBHS WIILL BE BETTER