WEST TN UPDATE

REGIONX

Trying to catch up on the last month. Being out of the country makes it hard to keep up on wrestling events, China promotes having email and internet, they don't even have land line phones. Sitting in an airport for the next 6 hours trying to make sense of this year's season. Seems state powerhouse have settled in after lots of scares.

Here's the confusing stuff. St. Benedict finishes at the bottom at the Dawg Pound Invitational with no placers, but then is top ten at Ryan. CBHS is the bottom at Ryan but dominates Houston(not surprising Houston has dodged most competition) a few days later. Did St. Benedict finally beat CBHS this year as planned? Brentwood is second at Ryan and then is beat by Germantown. Cordova is AOL in most events, but I see Amos Jones wins a couple of tournaments over the holidays. Was he hurt earlier, he was not at the Black Horse or Cordova Duals? I am satisfied to see Arlington has dominated their district to insure their berth to the state tournament, probably with Cordova.

Who has come to the top individually, other Amos Jones, any upsets on the horizon?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to catch up on the last month. Being out of the country makes it hard to keep up on wrestling events, China promotes having email and internet, they don't even have land line phones. Sitting in an airport for the next 6 hours trying to make sense of this year's season. Seems state powerhouse have settled in after lots of scares.

Here's the confusing stuff. St. Benedict finishes at the bottom at the Dawg Pound Invitational with no placers, but then is top ten at Ryan. CBHS is the bottom at Ryan but dominates Houston(not surprising Houston has dodged most competition) a few days later. Did St. Benedict finally beat CBHS this year as planned? Brentwood is second at Ryan and then is beat by Germantown. Cordova is AOL in most events, but I see Amos Jones wins a couple of tournaments over the holidays. Was he hurt earlier, he was not at the Black Horse or Cordova Duals? I am satisfied to see Arlington has dominated their district to insure their berth to the state tournament, probably with Cordova.

Who has come to the top individually, other Amos Jones, any upsets on the horizon?

Where were you in China? On my last visit the communications systems in Shanghai were pretty good. To answer some of your questions...the Dawg Pound and the Father Ryan tournament were the same weekend, so St. Benedict sent their JV to the Dawg Pound. CBHS was in Hawaii for the Iolani Invitational (placed 5th and beat a strong Clovis East from LA) over the holidays and as a result only sent a few starters to Father Ryan. No, St. Benedict did not beat CBHS as planned. Though missing three senior starters to injury, the Brothers still managed to win 40-26.

Brentwood is second at Ryan and then is beat by Germantown.

Brentwood was second at Ryan but has not met Germantown this year (BA possibly?).

Used to live and work in China back in the early 80's for Texas Instruments. Put in the first direct T1 to the US which gave us access to the company intranet but it was very limited in "the old days". (and yes, for you kids out there there were such things way back then, Al Gore was lying!!!!) Hope you had a good time and if you ever need a finance guy over there who speaks the lingo give me an email at ossbwh@att.net.

Arlington is not dominating, they were deafeated pretty significantly by the team who dodges competition. Houston also spanked collierville, barely lost to SBA, and wrestles Germantown thursday

Cordova is AOL in most events, but I see Amos Jones wins a couple of tournaments over the holidays.

Cordova has wrestled at Black Horse, Call of the Wild, Tullahoma Duals, Independence Inv., Ravenwood Inv., and the Greeneville Inv.

Tripp Thomas is another one to watch, he is undefeated at 215 and has won his past three tourneys.

Both CBHS and St. Benedict look really strong this year. SBA's program is really on the rise. Hopefully they'll be able to challenge CBHS in the near future. However, this is not the year. The Brothers have a solid lineup and look like they could surprise some people at state.

I can see how trying to catch up from China might be difficult, but...

How does Houston "dodge competition"? They've wrestled every local school. both private and public, with the exception of Germantown and White Station, both of which are on their schedule for Thursday. If you're referring to tough/out-of-area schools: I believe they competed at a New Orleans tourney hosted by Brother Martin, who dominates the Blackhorse every year.

All in all, the Region X Duals could be really exciting on Saturday. I think four teams have a shot at the two spots for state. Good luck to everyone.

Both CBHS and St. Benedict look really strong this year. SBA's program is really on the rise. Hopefully they'll be able to challenge CBHS in the near future. However, this is not the year. The Brothers have a solid lineup and look like they could surprise some people at state.

I can see how trying to catch up from China might be difficult, but...

How does Houston "dodge competition"? They've wrestled every local school. both private and public, with the exception of Germantown and White Station, both of which are on their schedule for Thursday. If you're referring to tough/out-of-area schools: I believe they competed at a New Orleans tourney hosted by Brother Martin, who dominates the Blackhorse every year.

All in all, the Region X Duals could be really exciting on Saturday. I think four teams have a shot at the two spots for state. Good luck to everyone.

I was able to see all the contenders in region 10 this season and what stands out is that there is no dominant team this year. Region 10 will probably not make much noise at state duals this year but our region duals should be very exciting. Just a guess, 1st Germantown, 2nd Arlington. Expect to see Houston, Collierville, Bartlett, Cordova, or Bolton be right there. Injuries and forfeits will be crucial.

Agree that Houston did not dodge anyone. Bradley and Trey Culotta tournaments are as tough as they get.(no relation to the Houston program)

Arlington is pretty dominate considering that they won there district and beat everyone in there district by twenty points or more.

Arlington is dominate in their district, and only in their district. However, I think that may have something to do with the fact that their district is not as competitive as the other.

Arlington is dominate in their district, and only in their district. However, I think that may have something to do with the fact that their district is not as competitive as the other.

Didn't Arlington beat Germantown and Germantown is a favorite to win their district?

Didn't Arlington beat Germantown and Germantown is a favorite to win their district?

Arlington did beat Germantown. Germantown is a favorite to win their district, along with Houston, who beat Arlington.

I never said Arlington's district wasn't good. I simply said it wasn't as competitive. That means Arlington is far above the other teams in their district. Bartlett and Bolton didn't fare well against teams from the other district.

I think you may have misread my words.