AMATEUR WRESTLING NEWS PREP 40

RMC

Don't flatter yourself you didn't beat one team from PA in top 20 you beat some of the bottom teams. YOUR the best in GA maybe but don't think you can compete against the top in PA, or up East. You lost to 2 teams from VA. Do you think wrestling in VA is even close to PA? I guess Collins Help has alot of D1 wrestlers please make me your long list of them.

MR KNOW IT ALL

Going to KC isn't going to PA, NJ , OH.

Mr Knapp will never see D1 scholarship. Let me know when season is over if Carson Newman is looking at him. I don't need to look at Trackwrestling i looked at the roster of the top twenty D1 schools i don't see Collins Help kids on any of them. Please correct me Run DMC.

RMC-

One of my boys wrestles with the son of one of the coaches at McDonough. I was with him at a tournament a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned several times how impressed he was with the Collins Hill team. I think they were surprised by what they encountered. Though it was a while ago, congratulations on that win.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connellsville, PA....AAA Pennsylvania State Champion and ranked #14 in AAA and Berwick is ranked #7 in AA.

We lost to #7 team in the Nation,Colonial Forge, by 2 points.

Mr Knapp...at least you're correct there. He will see several offers.....hopefully he'll end up at UTC. Ask Coach Bono about him....he knows who he is.

Ohio....yeah...bad guys......Harrison won a big tournament up there plus the McCallie Inv.

Maybe not top 20.....but Tyler Parker is wrestling at Stanford.......he wanted a great education.

If you'll notice the guy ranking the teams for AWN is from Ohio.

Has Collins Help in all the years you followed them and talk all this smack about rankings name me one D1 place winner ever?? If you guys beat all these highly ranked teams i'm sure you must have some great wresters please shut me up with names and facts not all these rankings here and there.

Rankings are opinions NCAA tournaments are facts. You chose opinions i choose facts.

Run DMC you are pie in the sky but funny. Do you really think Baylor, Harrison and Collins Help are top 40? Maybe top 40 in South but thats it. Grey Ghost (R76) went to UTC does that make him

D1 Material? I think NOT!!

Has Collins Help in all the years you followed them and talk all this smack about rankings name me one D1 place winner ever?? If you guys beat all these highly ranked teams i'm sure you must have some great wresters please shut me up with names and facts not all these rankings here and there.

Rankings are opinions NCAA tournaments are facts. You chose opinions i choose facts.

Run DMC you are pie in the sky but funny. Do you really think Baylor, Harrison and Collins Help are top 40? Maybe top 40 in South but thats it. Grey Ghost (R76) went to UTC does that make him

D1 Material? I think NOT!!

Nope...not one. We've been around 14 years and not a single NCAA placer....only 5 D1 wrestlers. (Joey Guiler, David Brunson, Nick Lukacs, Tyler Parker and Thomas Knapp)

Do I think we're top 40..........probably.....#20.........probably not. Harrison........no.....we beat them 47-10 Saturday.

In the Southeast......we wrestle and beat South Dade every summer at Appalachian State camp and they just knocked off Brandon.

We've only been ranked one other time......2005...#38. We did beat a fairly decent team that year....Great Bridge.....ranked #2 at the time.

Bye the way is UTC D1...and top 20??? I think so.

Well from what I can tell Collin's Hill is a very talented team, but hey they only have 3000 kids to choose from so...... not to take anyhting away from Coach Ramos but having that many numbers can make it that much easier to win and compete

Not sure how I should take that....but Duluth, North Gwinnett, Mill Creek, Peachtree Ridge, Norcross and about 56 other schools in Georgia have as many students as we do. Using your logic the largest schools in Tennessee should have the best teams.

I'm proud of Collins Hill. We wrestle 52 weeks a year.........wrestle about 20 duals in summer....send about 100 kids camp....we get our JV kids about 40 matches a year.....and our 9th grade kids about 20 matches. We weight train year round.

We make a commitment to excell....just like Bradley Central and Baylor. It's got nothing to do with the number of students. It's about getting 14 ready to wrestle and having somebody step up if they can't go.

It wouldn't matter where Coach Logsdon, Coach Morgan or Coach Ramos were at......they would win.

Not sure how I should take that....but Duluth, North Gwinnett, Mill Creek, Peachtree Ridge, Norcross and about 56 other schools in Georgia have as many students as we do. Using your logic the largest schools in Tennessee should have the best teams.

I'm proud of Collins Hill. We wrestle 52 weeks a year.........wrestle about 20 duals in summer....send about 100 kids camp....we get our JV kids about 40 matches a year.....and our 9th grade kids about 20 matches. We weight train year round.

We make a commitment to excell....just like Bradley Central and Baylor. It's got nothing to do with the number of students. It's about getting 14 ready to wrestle and having somebody step up if they can't go.

It wouldn't matter where Coach Logsdon, Coach Morgan or Coach Ramos were at......they would win.

The same could be said no matter who is at Bradley Central, Baylor or Collins Help with their feeder programs most coaches would win. Send them to Howard, Meigs County etc and see how they fair.

3000 plus kids is like having 3+ teams to choose from.

IF Collins Help is so great how many State Championships have they won the last 14 years compared to other Ga teams. Since your full of so much info and HYPE!! UTC is D1 how many kids has Collins Help sent there that made starting line up. I thought there were rules against wrestling year around?

After being scolded by Rigger 101 for my negative posting, I must apologize before hand??¦ This one might hurt someone??™s feelings.

Keefjams, where is your allegiance? If TN wrestling is such a disgrace to you, please take your postings elsewhere. Like Bobcat has pointed out, many of our wrestlers do not start wrestling at age 4, like they do up north.

???Hawaii plays good football for there area. But outside the state of Hawaii thay get their tales handed to them??? ??“ Keefjams. RMC hit the nail on the head.

Furthermore, if you were such a connoisseur of TN wrestling you might recall the name Nick Marable. CBHS graduate, class of '05. He??™s the University of Missouri sophomore currently ranked second in the nation at 165lbs. What do you know, a southern wrestler at a D1 school and nationally ranked.

If I??™m not mistaken, Missouri is, yep, nationally ranked. And have been all season??¦

Wrestling in PA does not automatically earn you D1 scholarships. Having a brother-in-law who was a Pennsylvania state runner-up, two-time state placer and four time state qualifier, I speak from experience.

I have been unable to find any Pennsylvania wrestler who was undefeated in high school and then matched Cael Sanderson??™s feat. PA wrestlers are great, not unbeatable.

And to think you didn??™t even give credit to the state of Iowa??¦

Get off the guys back for supporting his wrestling club??¦ I am sure none of these successful programs you know so much about didn??™t work their way to the top of the nation??™s rankings by thinking their program stunk.

Maybe you should enlighten the south with your wrestling experience??¦ Hopefully it??™s better than your command of the English vernacular.

The same could be said no matter who is at Bradley Central, Baylor or Collins Help with their feeder programs most coaches would win. Send them to Howard, Meigs County etc and see how they fair.

3000 plus kids is like having 3+ teams to choose from.

IF Collins Help is so great how many State Championships have they won the last 14 years compared to other Ga teams. Since your full of so much info and HYPE!! UTC is D1 how many kids has Collins Help sent there that made starting line up. I thought there were rules against wrestling year around?

Maybe this will help:

www.collinshillwrestling.com

Traditional State Champions: 2002, 2005

Traditional State Runner-Up: 2003, 2004, 2006

Traditional State 3rd Place: 2000, 2001, 2007

Duals State Champions: 2005, 2008

19 - State Champions

78 - State Placers

Coach Ramos was at Meadowcreek High School before coming to Collins Hill. It has a population makeup similar to Howard and he had very good teams there. He has been region coach of the year 22 times.

I won't argue the point of feeder programs, but we do it without a middle school team. Middle Schools in Gwinnett county are only allowed to have boys and girls basketball. Our feeder program is a USA Wrestling youth team.

We wrestle year round on a volunteer basis. Most of the kids get ther off season training at The Wrestling Center or the The Wrestling Academy at their own expense. Hopefully we'll even have our own wrestling room soon.

Mill Creek, in our region, has 4200 kids in the school.......guess they should kill us. By the way, we wrestled Mill Creek with our JV and won 45 - 21.

Like i said...hopefully you'll see 2 kids from Collins Hill at UTC soon.

Maybe this will help:

www.collinshillwrestling.com

Traditional State Champions: 2002, 2005

Traditional State Runner-Up: 2003, 2004, 2006

Traditional State 3rd Place: 2000, 2001, 2007

Duals State Champions: 2005, 2008

19 - State Champions

78 - State Placers

Coach Ramos was at Meadowcreek High School before coming to Collins Hill. It has a population makeup similar to Howard and he had very good teams there. He has been region coach of the year 22 times.

I won't argue the point of feeder programs, but we do it without a middle school team. Middle Schools in Gwinnett county are only allowed to have boys and girls basketball. Our feeder program is a USA Wrestling youth team.

We wrestle year round on a volunteer basis. Most of the kids get ther off season training at The Wrestling Center or the The Wrestling Academy at their own expense. Hopefully we'll even have our own wrestling room soon.

Mill Creek, in our region, has 4200 kids in the school.......guess they should kill us. By the way, we wrestled Mill Creek with our JV and won 45 - 21.

Like i said...hopefully you'll see 2 kids from Collins Hill at UTC soon.

So you have won state twice in 14 years not a power my any means!! YOU SURE DO LIKE TO PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK with ALOT of HYPE!! not much substance Baylor has won state more the last 3 years than you have in 14. Quit calling Collins Help a national POWER dominate your state before you venture out into the BEAST of THE EAST!!

KEEFJAMS

Domination is not finishing 2nd or 3rd.

After being scolded by Rigger 101 for my negative posting, I must apologize before hand??¦ This one might hurt someone??™s feelings.

Keefjams, where is your allegiance? If TN wrestling is such a disgrace to you, please take your postings elsewhere. Like Bobcat has pointed out, many of our wrestlers do not start wrestling at age 4, like they do up north.

???Hawaii plays good football for there area. But outside the state of Hawaii thay get their tales handed to them??? ??“ Keefjams. RMC hit the nail on the head.

Furthermore, if you were such a connoisseur of TN wrestling you might recall the name Nick Marable. CBHS graduate, class of '05. He??™s the University of Missouri sophomore currently ranked second in the nation at 165lbs. What do you know, a southern wrestler at a D1 school and nationally ranked.

If I??™m not mistaken, Missouri is, yep, nationally ranked. And have been all season??¦

Wrestling in PA does not automatically earn you D1 scholarships. Having a brother-in-law who was a Pennsylvania state runner-up, two-time state placer and four time state qualifier, I speak from experience.

I have been unable to find any Pennsylvania wrestler who was undefeated in high school and then matched Cael Sanderson??™s feat. PA wrestlers are great, not unbeatable.

And to think you didn??™t even give credit to the state of Iowa??¦

Get off the guys back for supporting his wrestling club??¦ I am sure none of these successful programs you know so much about didn??™t work their way to the top of the nation??™s rankings by thinking their program stunk.

Maybe you should enlighten the south with your wrestling experience??¦ Hopefully it??™s better than your command of the English vernacular.

PA has more NCAA Champs this year than TN has in Career. FACT!!

I didnt say wrestling in Tn was Disgrace but RUN DMC is always trying to HYPE Collins Hill as some national power which there NOT!! The Don't even dominate there STAte. I'm just sick of hearing about all this rankings which me and you know Collins is no POWER HOUSE like he wants us to believe.

Keefjams

So you have won state twice in 14 years not a power my any means!! YOU SURE DO LIKE TO PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK with ALOT of HYPE!! not much substance Baylor has won state more the last 3 years than you have in 14. Quit calling Collins Help a national POWER dominate your state before you venture out into the BEAST of THE EAST!!

KEEFJAMS

Domination is not finishing 2nd or 3rd.

Dude.....I don't make the rankings....Bob Preusse does. You got a problem email him. I have no idea where you're coming from. Unlike you, he's actually seen us.

We've wrestled teams from Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Virginia, Pennsylvania and that's not good enough for you. Sorry....we invited Blair, but they couldn't get us on the schedule.

We're trying to to step up....it costs money....and we're venturing out to some pretty big tournaments. We may enter the Beast of East next year; we've already had several kids compete in it. (Case you didn't notice....the 145 Beast Champ is from Georgia)

Maybe you haven't been watching, but wrestling in Georgia is improving. Nobody else, AAAAA in the state, has finished top 3 for 7 years in a row.

I sort of thought 47-10 in the State Duals finals was pretty convincing.......but I guess we better get back to work.

Sorry keefjams we're not up to your standards. We'll work a little harder.

Dude.....I don't make the rankings....Bob Preusse does. You got a problem email him. I have no idea where you're coming from. Unlike you, he's actually seen us.

We've wrestled teams from Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Virginia, Pennsylvania and that's not good enough for you. Sorry....we invited Blair, but they couldn't get us on the schedule.

We're trying to to step up....it costs money....and we're venturing out to some pretty big tournaments. We may enter the Beast of East next year; we've already had several kids compete in it. (Case you didn't notice....the 145 Beast Champ is from Georgia)

Maybe you haven't been watching, but wrestling in Georgia is improving. Nobody else, AAAAA in the state, has finished top 3 for 7 years in a row.

I sort of thought 47-10 in the State Duals finals was pretty convincing.......but I guess we better get back to work.

Sorry keefjams we're not up to your standards. We'll work a little harder.

There is a difference between good and elite!! Your team is good not elite!! Don't mention Blair and Collins Help in the same group. Until you can put some kids in D1 and create a few place winners YOU My FOOL are not Blair Academy!!!

KEEFJAMS