ATTN: SCHS, LIVINGSTON, YORK, and all others who care

gatorbillmsu

You have one senior....LA doesn??™t have any seniors. Davis & Maynard are the same age as Kilgore, West, A. Sells, Carr & D. Thompson....all Juniors. Four of LA's starters are juniors. York is losing 3 seniors...not sure how many starts. I know Eacret, Peavyhouse & Brown will be back next year. It should be a good match up between these teams next year too.

Alison West was the girl with the hair last year.....I think she is at Cumberland? Correct me if I'm wrong. Her little sister Adrian is a junior ....she has stepped her game up big time this year!

wow, not looking past this year by any means, but next should set up pretty good for LA, and baxter as well. I know that these kids are all very close, I really enjoy the LA -v- Upperman, and the JC -v- Upperman games. I missed the first York game this year, and both of them were on Fridays last year so I missed them also. Looking forward to catching them this time around.

Glad to see AW is getting a chance to continue playing ball. It is funny that the hair was the first thing I noticed, but the way she plays is certainly the most memorable. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> to her, to LA and thanks for the post. I really appreciate it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that you have wrong is the TOP 4 from the district tourney advance to the regional tournament with the top 2 teams from each district hosting the 1st round of the region tournament then the semi's are all at one "pre-determined" location and in the case of 7A/8A, it will be held at Gordonsville High School. Not sure where 7AA/8AA region is this year but i know its 8AA's turn to host it. White House again maybe??

Gotcha. Thanks. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Like I said earlier, this is completely different than it is back home. But I enjoyed it tremendously. I was only disappointed that I had to miss the semifinal game at the boro, cause I was back in MI. and if Upperman would have won, my kids would have been here to see the championship game. That would have been good times!! hahaha

Looking forward to this years tourney already!!

Thanks again!!

Years ago (maybe 6-7?), Upperman was in the single A classification and Jackson County was in the AA classification (of course now it's reversed). At that time, Upperman's biggest rival was Gordonsville. There were many, many battles year in and year out (specifically the Emily Christian/Brooke Armistead years). The UHS/GHS game(s) were probably the most anticipated of the year. Going back even further Clay and Pickett Counties were big rivals (moreso boys though). Upperman's girls teams were not very good from the mid eighties until Wayne Shanks (now principal of Cookeville High) took over for Coach Peggy. Since Dana McWilliams took over the helm, UHS girls stepped it up to a new level...

Oddly enough the tandem of Dana (Bilyeu) McWilliams and JoJo Harris started the sharpshooter era at Upperman.

Years ago (maybe 6-7?), Upperman was in the single A classification and Jackson County was in the AA classification (of course now it's reversed). At that time, Upperman's biggest rival was Gordonsville. There were many, many battles year in and year out (specifically the Emily Christian/Brooke Armistead years). The UHS/GHS game(s) were probably the most anticipated of the year. Going back even further Clay and Pickett Counties were big rivals (moreso boys though). Upperman's girls teams were not very good from the mid eighties until Wayne Shanks (now principal of Cookeville High) took over for Coach Peggy. Since Dana McWilliams took over the helm, UHS girls stepped it up to a new level...

Oddly enough the tandem of Dana (Bilyeu) McWilliams and JoJo Harris started the sharpshooter era at Upperman.

Wow, seems like the classification changes could really screw up some great rivalries. I am a huge fan of rivalry games. As I have said, we had 2 teams back home that used to contend for the state title every year. When Earvin Johnson and Jay Vincent were playing against each other, they had to move those games out to Michigan State. Back then they were drawing 11,000 to a game, plus being televised on local TV. And they were turning away thousands at the door.

Enough rambling, sorry.

I would love to get my hands on some old film of EC and D(B)McW playing ball. Is Dana/Lashay a fair comparison? hahaha, I bet she was intense!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wow, seems like the classification changes could really screw up some great rivalries. I am a huge fan of rivalry games. As I have said, we had 2 teams back home that used to contend for the state title every year. When Earvin Johnson and Jay Vincent were playing against each other, they had to move those games out to Michigan State. Back then they were drawing 11,000 to a game, plus being televised on local TV. And they were turning away thousands at the door.

Enough rambling, sorry.

I would love to get my hands on some old film of EC and D(B)McW playing ball. Is Dana/Lashay a fair comparison? hahaha, I bet she was intense!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Nah, Dana's hair was a lot poofier back then. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Nah, Dana's hair was a lot poofier back then. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Pics please!! (sorry, couldnt help myself). That has GOT to be funny, but of course, pics of me from HS are pretty funny also. The 80s hair thing was not so good to me.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

From the TTU website.....pretty impressive.

MOST 3-POINTERS MADE

Game:

10, Stefanie Holbrook vs. EIU, 2004-05

9, Rachael Gobble vs. East Tenn., 2000-01

9, Dana Bilyeu vs. UT-Martin, 1992-93

8, Sheri Lewis vs. Murray State, 1994-95

8, Dana Bilyeu vs. Southeast Mo., 1991-92

8, Mitzi Rice vs. Memphis State, 1989-90

Season:

86, Allison Clark, 2000-01

85, Mitzi Rice,1989-90

81, Dana Bilyeu, 1991-92

Career:

225, Allison Clark, 1999-200

176, Rachael Gobble, 1998-2001

157, Allison Clark, 1999-2001

MOST 3-POINTERS ATTEMPTED

Game:

16, Dana Bilyeu vs. UT Martin, 1992-93

Season:

227, Dana Bilyeu, 1992-93

208, Dana Bilyeu, 1991-92

204, Mitzi Rice, 1989-90

Career:

555, Allison Clark, 1999-2002

435, Dana Bilyeu, 1991-93

I know a_lot about the UHS team this year. I know a bit about it from last year. I know that there are 2 coaches on the bench that I respect (I know nothing about the 3rd coach...but she still has my full respect), and that I feel are two of the best I have seen.

The third coach on the bench is Amanda Austin. She, in my opinion, is the best and most underrated player to come out of Upperman. Don't get me wrong, ppl knew who she was, but she didn't get near the credit she deserved. She would be an excellent head coach somewhere.

Too much history for one post. You are going to hear about reclassification in the near future.

Reclassification happens every four years now. At one time it occured every two years..

At the last reclassification, Jackson Co moved to A from AA, where they had 4 in a row state Championshps and national ranking.

Before Coach Brown took over at Jackson Co. they were the doormat of the AA district.(12 or 15yrs ago.

Clarkrange, under the leadership of Lamar Rogers(almost 30 yrs) is the most induring program up here. I think 6 state champs. Single A. And national ranking.

Clay co/Celina under Joe Simms, went to state lots of times. (Single A)

PickettCo. had 4 in a row state championships, but under 2 different coaches.(years ago)

Correction Jimbo, Clarkrange has 7 gold balls instead of 6. Thanks /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

One thing that you have wrong is the TOP 4 from the district tourney advance to the regional tournament with the top 2 teams from each district hosting the 1st round of the region tournament then the semi's are all at one "pre-determined" location and in the case of 7A/8A, it will be held at Gordonsville High School. Not sure where 7AA/8AA region is this year but i know its 8AA's turn to host it. White House again maybe??

DCA is the Region 4AA host this year.. That was agreed on two years ago. DCA is a little north of the airport exit in Nashville. Not far off US 70. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

A "D1" prospect is someone who has the potential to play "Division 1" college basketball. Division 1 schools in this area are Tn Tech, MTSU, and ofcourse the SEC. Div II would be smaller colleges like Sewanee, Cumberland etc...

thank you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />