Coaches vs. Officials

Coach2001

Devilish, I am very open minded, it just seems like we (not just you) are always looking to lay the blame at someone elses feet instead of 'maning' up to our own actions. This is a kids game and behavior of this type can not be tolerated.

Officials responsibility :

Control of the game = YES

Control of the crowd = NO

The crowd is the responsibility of game management - at this particular contest, the game management did a very poor job of taking care of the situation.

This 'incedent' has been reported and in the hands of the state office. This particular school was walking on thin ice already due to situations that I have already posted. Should be interesting to see what the reprecussions will be.

Hey, I was just asking questions?? you're a hypocrit. I'm not singling out a particular school like you. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I was asking questions that would help me understand things. Sorry, I think the refs need a tune up. I hope everyon is safe. don't like the bling comments tough. At least you could ante up and pay coacht $12.00. Maybe refs irritate fans on their lack of knowledge on calls.Or maybe let players rough house that need fouls called??

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody...go to a game tonight and give us all the details of the officiating tomorrow....should be fun to read...maybe we can all learn a few things about the perceptions of others... no heckling tonight! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Collierville vs Germantown game the officials did a good. There was one call where the ball was being inbound after a made bucket. As the ball was in the air there was a whistle.

The C official had realized the clock had not started since the last free throw on the other end. After the whistle our post let the ball go through her hands. When the whistle sounded the ball had not reached her yet. She was at mid court. They inbounded the ball at mid court and I believe it should have went back to the baseline. It was an advantage to us.

What was right guys...

Collierville vs Germantown game the officials did a good. There was one call where the ball was being inbound after a made bucket. As the ball was in the air there was a whistle.

The C official had realized the clock had not started since the last free throw on the other end. After the whistle our post let the ball go through her hands. When the whistle sounded the ball had not reached her yet. She was at mid court. They inbounded the ball at mid court and I believe it should have went back to the baseline. It was an advantage to us.

What was right guys...

Dragon, did the officials take any time off the clock ?

Upperman -v- Clay County Girls game.

Im sure there were some issues that both coaches might be able to bring up, but as for me, joeaveragefan, this was a very well officiated game. No body is perfect, but I do not remember anything that could really be complained about. Great job by the officials. (It is nice to not notice them, that says a lot about how good they are doing)

Boys game, it was a great game, up until under a minute to go. A call under the CC basket. MrCoachMcWilliams called a TO, and as he was walking onto the court towards his team, he was questioning why the blocking call was not a charge, and got a VERY QUICK T. I think the ref thought that coach was just harassing him and following him onto the court. But from where I was, it really didnt look that way.

A very unfortunate call. But there was still time for Upperman to seal the win, and they did not. It was a great game up until this point. I think the ref just saw it a different way than what was actually happening. The thing that really stands out to me is that the CC coach was riding one of the other refs like a rented mule all night. Constantly. Always in his face. Not really screaming at him, but riding him. And then this other fella gets a couple words and BAM, Ts coach up.

I wish I knew this ref, I would love to have a nice friendly conversation (really) just to know what his thoughts were as he called it.

Was it because he thought coach was coming too far out of the box (not thinking of the TO being called)

Was his thinking that coach McW was just plain out of line?

Did he already have an opinion about coach mcW and was going to call the first chance he had?

I did notice that MrCoachMcWilliams and the other ref seemed to have a very good line of communication going. Even after the T, coach was able to get the other ref to come over to talk about it. Interesting and unfortunate end to a very good game.

Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game. They both had to play their tookis' off to get that game to where it was, Great job kids. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (and refs....hahaha....for the most part)

also, there was a very nice ceremony and tribute to Moe at the game tonight. His wife gave a very nice financial gift to the CCHS basketball program in his memory, and also presented the school with a plaque. It was a very nice ceremony, and very touching.

I did not know Moe, but it was easy to see that he was a very special, well liked and respected person, both on and off the court.

Very well done.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Officiating was good for a change /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> All refs were into the game. Yeah, human error is going to happen, miss calls and such. All in all, the refs did a good job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Officiating was good for a change /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> All refs were into the game. Yeah, human error is going to happen, miss calls and such. All in all, the refs did a good job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Devilish, where in the heck where you last night,, you evidentally wasn't at the same ball game i was....

We had a good look at the game all night...

We had one ref dark haired fellow, i liked him he was funny!!! We kinda let him know he would be famous on coach t tommorrow and oh yes we got him to crack a smile lol!! The tall skinny guy with the glasses called it when it was at him cause his glasses were like coke bottle's and the poor ole fellow couldn't see to far but he got them when they was in front of him.

Now here is the rest of the story Paul harvey! The young tall anti elderly ref is back and i think something is seriously wrong with this dude. He was in lala land and better yet I think he was a late 60's early 70's child He reminded me of a flower child he was like in delayed reaction mode /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> One of the parents on monterey side yelled and told him to go home and i yelled back and told her he is still at home /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I don't honestly think he blew that whistle but very few times and he had to think what he blew it for after he did...

The two did pretty good, but they let it get real physical and i am not saying on us they didn't give monterey any breaks there were several that should have been blocking fouls and one or two charging and it didn't get called.. We won! but i didn't like it, cause they didn't call the fouls better than they did. I know and have been told you can't be perfect but you can at least call the obvious one. Jesus ,even if there are against JC Fair ball game is what i like... Just my assement of the game..

I had two good games, both close.....when bodies were on the floor, we had whistles...boy's game went to OT and the players decided the game, mostly with free throws...had several walking fouls called in boy's game, more than we usually have...fans were pretty good to us....maybe most games across the state went smooth...

I'm waiting to hear about the nightmare games..... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

What was right guys...

if the official had definite knowledge, he was correct in stopping the game and adjusting the clock accordingly. if the inbounds pass had not been touched before the whistle, the ball should have been taken back to the end line for a thrown-in with the adjusted time on the clock. in this case, the defensive team was penalized by an officials timing correction.

I know roundbelly and Skinny younger guy have worked together before, not sure about the guy with the missing whistle.

The guy that you call roundbelly, was, three or so years ago( in my oppion) one of the worst officials around.

Today he is considered one of the most consistant. That was verified,today, by a parent who had the same observation.

It takes time to develope.