MISS BASKETBALL

TIDEFAN

Thank you very very much!!! Puts a BIG smile on my face, and teared me up a lil bit bc I'm at that stage where a sappy commerical makes me cry /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Oh, looks like this ones a girl so JC will have a mini-me as a future player! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gosh that's wonderful maybe will we get her started young and she can be our Mini Miss Basketball.. Except I will be a few years older and hopefully still walking and not in a wheelchair lol!! Looks like JC Still has a great future to look forward with all these kid's coming up! CONGRADULATIONS!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh that's wonderful maybe will we get her started young and she can be our Mini Miss Basketball.. Except I will be a few years older and hopefully still walking and not in a wheelchair lol!! Looks like JC Still has a great future to look forward with all these kid's coming up! CONGRADULATIONS!!!

I got your note, and be assured that when I said I was wrong I meant it. Also I also beleive in fun, and in trying to get as much enjoyment out of each day as possible. I beleive that you and devilish have the best of good in mind. In reading your statement it reminded me of myself, and growing up in a less than desirable home and of a lot of hard knots inmy life also. I get a little impatient at people that hurt children needlessly. Some kids can take abuse, some can't. I think we are on the same page on this. I have seen many young kids life hurt, and it affected their adulthood, from their experiences in sports. It should be to help them grow, mature, learn fairness, and good clean fun. But you help remind me that you don't kill a fly with a baseball bat. That I need to set an example, and maybe with good people like you we can make a difference. Anyway enjoy your posts keep up the fight, and don't let anyone tell you not to have fun.

I hope Laken wins Miss Basketball. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> She is a fine young lady.

I was hoping that CD/MM would get nominated.Of course, I would like to give all of our team the Miss Basketball award. but, thats just me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I got your note, and be assured that when I said I was wrong I meant it. Also I also beleive in fun, and in trying to get as much enjoyment out of each day as possible. I beleive that you and devilish have the best of good in mind. In reading your statement it reminded me of myself, and growing up in a less than desirable home and of a lot of hard knots inmy life also. I get a little impatient at people that hurt children needlessly. Some kids can take abuse, some can't. I think we are on the same page on this. I have seen many young kids life hurt, and it affected their adulthood, from their experiences in sports. It should be to help them grow, mature, learn fairness, and good clean fun. But you help remind me that you don't kill a fly with a baseball bat. That I need to set an example, and maybe with good people like you we can make a difference. Anyway enjoy your posts keep up the fight, and don't let anyone tell you not to have fun.

Thanks coach 07, you almost made me tear up, i believe gottaluvit's hormonal thing is rubbing off on me /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Nice to have a fellow poster on the same page "Good Intentions". Feel free to pop in and chat at us and I will do the same..MAY GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

I hope Laken wins Miss Basketball. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> She is a fine young lady.

I was hoping that CD/MM would get nominated.Of course, I would like to give all of our team the Miss Basketball award. but, thats just me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

dEVILISH , I am with you on this one, LL has my support as gotta luv it says 200% I do think courtney and Misti both are deserving of this award also but like i said early some body got to win and allot of someones have to lose....That doesn't mean the girls were not deserving... They all are in my eyes... I have loved watching these girls all year I sure am going to miss them...I will have to go in between la and JC next year to watch Vic, T, LL and the rest of the clan give them heck!! Then of course i got to go watch Killer and the gang play!!!Going to be stretched between them though hahahah!! Looking forward to next year already...

I refuse to ever dog a player (child) on this website. BUT are you people smoking crack? I have watched both Ferris and Hassell for several years and it ain??™t even close. Hassell has consistently lead a dominant team over the past three years and is easily the most seasoned post in the state. NOW: Ferris does have a lot of upside and at 6??™8??? she??™s going to be a monster for some college program and she is as humble and kind as she is talented ??“ DEFINETELY a rising star /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . However, it is just too early to make a comparison of her versus Hassell. Why debate these two anyway when they are in different classifications? (AA and AAA)

As for Jasmine James: Here is a player that gets doubled and has seen junk defenses (box-1 etc.) and has been the focus of every opponent EVERY single game since her freshman year and she still does what she does. AND YES you are right: Bartlett hasn??™t made it to the boro in the last 2 years but was eliminated both years by Memphis Northside by 5 or 6 points each year (who each year has been a legitimate state title contender). You could make the argument that these were two of the top teams in the state but unfortunately only one of them would get to make the trip to the boro due to the elimination game of sub-states. (heck: you throw Memphis East and Millington in the mix and West Tn is as strong as any part of the state)

* At any rate: I??™ve said it once and now twice. Jasmine or Jasmine for AAA.

* I also like Kayla Christopher of Oliver Springs for singe A ??“ she can fill it up.

* Crystal Riley of Memphis Hillcrest ??“ but not much of a supporting cast or the rising star Kaci Ferris of Smith Co.

* DII - Avant or Glory ??“ say no more! (outside chance of Caitlin House ??“ Briarcrest)

A ??“ Kayla Christopher-Oliver Springs

AA ??“ Crystal Riley ??“ Hillcrest or Kacyi Ferris ??“ Smith Co.

AAA ??“Jasmine James-Bartlett or Jasmine Hassell-Wilson Central

DII ??“ Lauren Avant-Lausanne or Glory Johnson-Knox Webb

This seems like a fantastic post!! I think you have got the jist of Miss Basketball. These were really close to my picks. I have seen them play AAU and you are right on target!!

I know she won't win it this year but look out the next 2 years cause she could go back to back! But Amber Rechis of Westview is in her sophmore year and has already broke the 1,000 point plateau. She has the scoring records of Westview greats Kendall Cavin and Latoya Bellamy in sight and may take over them next season! Keep an eye out for what is turning out to be a great ball player! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />