District 4 A

philip2003

They key boys are from clinton. I think? Never heard of the Johnston kid? not sure why they came to coalfield? And Rockwood has Brazielle (sp?). Has Coalfield ever faced him or even Zak Duncan? Duncan in my opinion is the best righty Rockwood has. He can throw some serious gas. 87-88 I think? With A big hook. Alot of teams will be lucky to hold Rockwood to 2 runs an inning this year. haha. and I'm still not completely convinced that Coalfield wins that side of the district. but I'm pretty convinced Rockwood wins their side. Way too much talent on that team for them not to win it. I don't know if there are any pitchers around here that can slow down rockwood. Maybe not be a team in the state that can slow them down?

winning the district and region wont be a cake walk for rockwood. they still will have to show and and play hard evey game in order to win. you never know what one bad hop can do to a team until it happens. Now dont get me wrong, Rockwood is my pick to win both district and region, but they will still have to play at the same level of intensity every game. Go Tigers.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be a exciting year for baseball!! Can't wait till it starts. Should be a great year in this district and region play. The district games are schelduled back to back on Mondays and Tuesdays this year. So you cant just bring your A game for one game, Teams are going to have to come out and play 2 good games back to back. How does everyone think the district games back to back are going to work out? Who will they help>? and who will they hurt?

Im really not a big fan of this. Cause you are asking kids 2 come out 2 days in a roll and play good baseball. I dont see any1 in this method ending district or region play with no losses. ANd thats not a bad thang cause your going 2 see better baseball. But i still like last year the tuesday and thursdays district games.

Im really not a big fan of this. Cause you are asking kids 2 come out 2 days in a roll and play good baseball. I dont see any1 in this method ending district or region play with no losses. ANd thats not a bad thang cause your going 2 see better baseball. But i still like last year the tuesday and thursdays district games.

This stops teams that just have one ACE from winning the disrtict! It sees who can go deep into there rotation to come out with a win.

i really think that coalfield and wartburg will battle it out for the top spot and os will put up a fight because they always do every year. it will be a sad year in coalfield if they don't win the district and challenge rockwood for the top spot in the region due to all the hype up their. i don't think their pitchin will be a problem this year cause word is that they have 5 quality pitchers up their in alley, key1, key2, johnston, warwick, and the doughty kid. i just dont see how you all can say that they can't handle harriman and rockwood. i watched all these teams play last season and they will all be contenders. coalfield and rockwood in the region champ. thats my prediction. but it is baseball and it is a funny sport so who knows what is going to happen.

I dont know if coalfield will win district because i dont follow this particular district...however i do know things about there players.... the only decent pitcher they have is the older key...he does a good job keeping kids off balance...beat halls and karns last year maybe?? not quite sure on those...other than that...the other kids are average high school pitchers at best. it may very well be coalfield and rockwood in the championship...but i see coalfields season ending there...they dont have the fire power to put out a team like rockwood having played with a bunch of there guys on competitive teams in the summer.

However, good luck to both teams..it is baseball and sometimes some crazy things happen. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

District and Region Champs is what you play for? lol I think the Back-To-Back district games is going to hurt the teams that aren't very good to start with, but of the big three in the district I think it may hurt Wartburg more than anyone. Daugherty does a good job, but take him and put him on another team he's just another pitcher. And he is probley twice as good as any other pitcher I've seen from Wartburg. From what I've heard Wartburg has rode Daugherty's arm in the district the past two years Looks like they'll have to come up with a way to win without him on the mound. And I think This gives the biggest advantage to Coalfield. They have 3 or 4 pitchers that are decent which is about 2 or 3 more decent pitchers than anyone else in the district has.

District and Region Champs is what you play for? lol I think the Back-To-Back district games is going to hurt the teams that aren't very good to start with, but of the big three in the district I think it may hurt Wartburg more than anyone. Daugherty does a good job, but take him and put him on another team he's just another pitcher. And he is probley twice as good as any other pitcher I've seen from Wartburg. From what I've heard Wartburg has rode Daugherty's arm in the district the past two years Looks like they'll have to come up with a way to win without him on the mound. And I think This gives the biggest advantage to Coalfield. They have 3 or 4 pitchers that are decent which is about 2 or 3 more decent pitchers than anyone else in the district has.

thats the best way to play..back-to-back district...otherwise teams can have just one pitcher and have a chance. It's making sure theres not one kid who throws 90 on a team full of middle schoolers.

What about barnes and woody from Wartburg? They are just as good as Daugherty. And just throw a little stat out there Daugherty in District games last year 5-4. So to say Wartburg has rode Daugherty in the district the past two years, isn't much because he only won them 5 games.

What about barnes and woody from Wartburg? They are just as good as Daugherty. And just throw a little stat out there Daugherty in District games last year 5-4. So to say Wartburg has rode Daugherty in the district the past two years, isn't much because he only won them 5 games.

His five district wins were probably more district wins than the other starters combined. not trying to stick up for him, just trying to point out that Wartburg doents have very good pitching. how will OS and coalfield pan out. i know coalfield got transfers and you can say how hard they throw and all that on here but it dont mean a thing til you get a gun on em and see how they can do in a game. coach keg does a good job at OS, but im not sure how much talent he has to work with. they have lost a lot over the past 2 3 years. only time will tell.

His five district wins were probably more district wins than the other starters combined. not trying to stick up for him, just trying to point out that Wartburg doents have very good pitching. how will OS and coalfield pan out. i know coalfield got transfers and you can say how hard they throw and all that on here but it dont mean a thing til you get a gun on em and see how they can do in a game. coach keg does a good job at OS, but im not sure how much talent he has to work with. they have lost a lot over the past 2 3 years. only time will tell.

i really think that coalfield and wartburg will battle it out for the top spot and os will put up a fight because they always do every year. it will be a sad year in coalfield if they don't win the district and challenge rockwood for the top spot in the region due to all the hype up their. i don't think their pitchin will be a problem this year cause word is that they have 5 quality pitchers up their in alley, key1, key2, johnston, warwick, and the doughty kid. i just dont see how you all can say that they can't handle harriman and rockwood. i watched all these teams play last season and they will all be contenders. coalfield and rockwood in the region champ. thats my prediction. but it is baseball and it is a funny sport so who knows what is going to happen.

If Johnston is on the mound and is having a good day, he's hard to beat. He is also a good hitter and Oak Ridge should never have let him leave, especially now. He's a better player than many of OR players this year. That's their loss and Coalfied's gain. However, I can't see Corey Key being a difference maker, but maybe he'll do better in A ball than he did in AAA. I guess we'll see. Cody Key can put up a solid performance on the mound though.