District 4 A

philip2003

The Johnson kid will help Coalfield out for sure. The thing about him is he is limited to a certain postion and that is 3rd base or pitcher. OR will miss his pitching but OR is strong on the infield with 3 sophs starting. They moved so he could start his jr and sr year. I think Coalfield will benefit from that move.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They key boys are from clinton. I think? Never heard of the Johnston kid? not sure why they came to coalfield? And Rockwood has Brazielle (sp?). Has Coalfield ever faced him or even Zak Duncan? Duncan in my opinion is the best righty Rockwood has. He can throw some serious gas. 87-88 I think? With A big hook. Alot of teams will be lucky to hold Rockwood to 2 runs an inning this year. haha. and I'm still not completely convinced that Coalfield wins that side of the district. but I'm pretty convinced Rockwood wins their side. Way too much talent on that team for them not to win it. I don't know if there are any pitchers around here that can slow down rockwood. Maybe not be a team in the state that can slow them down?

The Johnston kid (Matt) is the best of the bunch and can really help Coalfield. He is the best picther, fielder, and hitter out of the three players. I have seen all three play growing up and on into high school. Johnston has always played at a high level growing up and I think he will continue to do so in high school given the right opportunity.

Yes, the Key boys are from Clinton. Check around and you can find out why they are at Coalfield.

The Johnson kid will help Coalfield out for sure. The thing about him is he is limited to a certain postion and that is 3rd base or pitcher. OR will miss his pitching but OR is strong on the infield with 3 sophs starting. They moved so he could start his jr and sr year. I think Coalfield will benefit from that move.

OR could have really used Johnston this year. I am not personally happy from the move, but am glad from a fan's point of view because they are in our disctrict. They lost a solid player that I am not sure they can replace at this point. I still say it was a mistake to let Johnston leave. And you are correct, Coalfield will benefit greatly.

The Keys moved to Coalfield because they got kicked off of Clinton baseball team. I heard they wanted to go to Oak Ridge but their coach refused to take them. I heard the Johnson kid got beat out by a freshman last year and would never hit the field except to pitch. If that makes Coalfield the team to beat cause of those three kids, what does that say about the competition in the district.