Coffee County

TowMater

Do you mean Wiggins from Notre Dame? Great coach but I dont think we can afford him. Grundy County and him firted but money was not close I heard.

And I heard Pip is in the running.

We'll see soon.

Wiggins, that sounds familar big money. I have nothing at all against Pippenger. But I would be shocked if they gave it to him before Sisk.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don??™t know anything about Sisk and what kind of coach he is, but why is he not the frontrunner? Sounds like what went on with Gregg Williams and the Redskins.

Apples and oranges. Gregg Williams has been a head coach in the NFL before and should have gotten consideration in Washington. Although his stint as a head coach wasn't all that good with Buffalo. Coy Sisk has not been a head coach in high school football before. Plus in high school, not only are you looking for someone that can run a program and be successfull on the field, but who can work well with teenage kids and the community. I am not saying that Sisk can not do that. The kids really like him. But I want the BEST person for the job hired, and I would say that most people in the community do as well. If Sisk is the best person then give it to him. He is a classy guy who is knowledgeable about the game and has respect from the players. I think the world of him. His knock is youth though. .... But if someone else is better for the job then give it to them. I want the best candidate hired. I don't know if that is Sisk or not. I don't know these other people all that well. Just what I hear.

I don't know how many applied but they have interviewed about 10.... look like it will be at-least the end of next week before anything is done.

By Derek Harryman

Sports Editor

Reports by another news source Thursday that a decision on the new Coffee County head football coach would be announced Friday or Monday were inaccurate according to what Coffee County Director of Schools Kenny Casteel told TSI in an email Friday afternoon.

?€œSome interviews had to be re-scheduled so it could be a couple of weeks.?€?

This falls inline with what Casteel said last week that it would be two to three more weeks before a coach was named.

As TSI reported last week several candidates have already been interviewed including current defensive coordinator Coy Sisk and former defensive coordinator Eddie Nunley.

Word on the street has Coach Wiggins coming back for a meeting with Mr Casteel. Cant confirm that with any reliable source though. I was very dissapointed to hear Assist. principal Bush was involved with the interviews. After he screwed up the Sundrop deal you would think that the administration would try to hide him somewhere, not display him to the candidates. Way, way to important a hire to screw up. We need the most progressive, positive and competent peolpe we have making this decision. By far the most important hire made in this system in many years, lets take it serious and try do it right.

Word on the street has Coach Wiggins coming back for a meeting with Mr Casteel. Cant confirm that with any reliable source though. I was very dissapointed to hear Assist. principal Bush was involved with the interviews. After he screwed up the Sundrop deal you would think that the administration would try to hide him somewhere, not display him to the candidates. Way, way to important a hire to screw up. We need the most progressive, positive and competent peolpe we have making this decision. By far the most important hire made in this system in many years, lets take it serious and try do it right.

Wiggins would be the ebst coach they have hired recently

"PEDO" Do you know how many people applied for the job ?

Right around 9-10 ... I saw the list of coaches that did apply. Doug Green, former baseball coach at CHS was on there, Pippenger, Nunley, Sisk, Wiggins, Sam Melton, then there were three or four others that I can't remember off the top of my head. An assistant at Franklin County was one of them. 2P it is still looking like at least a week. This coming Friday will be a stretch. Duvall has given a shortened list with the interview teams recomendations to Casteel (director of schools) and Joe Pedigo (deputy director). Now I'm really not sure what happens. But from what I understand Casteel will be calling the coaches and talking with them personally. So I'm not sure if Casteel has the final say here or Duvall.