Jackson Co. vs Lexington Catholic Sat Jan 26th

midtensportsfan

Proof of score doesn't mean a thing to me, I'm saying it was a hard fought game. If you can get a play-by-play I'd sure love to see it. Or I can probably make a call and get the video of the game. This whole thing was about JC. Upperman won, no debate there, but they had decent refs that didn't intentially try to take the game from them.

Okay...I guess any 20-25 point game is a hard fought game. I am sure it was a physical game in that JC Ky. had 3 starters over 6'. Upperman had a good physical team with Emily Christian. I think hard fought and physical are two different things. Upperman got a big 25 point lead early and "held on " to win by 20. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> How's that?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...I guess any 20-25 point game is a hard fought game. I am sure it was a physical game in that JC Ky. had 3 starters over 6'. Upperman had a good physical team with Emily Christian. I think hard fought and physical are two different things. Upperman got a big 25 point lead early and "held on " to win by 20. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> How's that?

Unless you were on that floor, you have no idea if it was hard fought or not. Sittin in the stands isn't hard to do. If you want, private message me. I'll tell you exactly who I am and clear some things up for you. Until then, lets quit wasting space on this thread and get back to topic.

If you dont win, Jackson County always blames the refs. Thanks Lexington for thumping JC from the small achools from 7A.

Lets see I remember after we lost to Upperman and LA nobody got on here from JC and blamed those two losses on the refs. I can't believe you would pull for Lexington a team from Ky, but you would not pull for JC a team from TN, even if you don't like JC you should still pull for the team that is representing your state. Like the old saying goes patsummit12 if you cannot say anything nice don't say anything at all. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Unless you were on that floor, you have no idea if it was hard fought or not. Sittin in the stands isn't hard to do. If you want, private message me. I'll tell you exactly who I am and clear some things up for you. Until then, lets quit wasting space on this thread and get back to topic.

I really could care less. I just know Upperman went to Lexington Catholic and beat the #1 team in Ky. (Jackson County) by 20. I know I got a good kick out of it because all of the Ky. posters on bluegrass preps said JC was unbeatable...especially by a AA team from Tennessee. What else is there to say? You can think it was a tough game if you want. Jackson County Tn. went to the same floor to play #1 Lexington Catholic and put up a good fight but lost by 12. Time to move on.

I really could care less. I just know Upperman went to Lexington Catholic and beat the #1 team in Ky. (Jackson County) by 20. I know I got a good kick out of it because all of the Ky. posters on bluegrass preps said JC was unbeatable...especially by a AA team from Tennessee. What else is there to say? You can think it was a tough game if you want. Jackson County Tn. went to the same floor to play #1 Lexington Catholic and put up a good fight but lost by 12. Time to move on.

You are right, but I still think their refs stink compared to ours. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If you dont win, Jackson County always blames the refs. Thanks Lexington for thumping JC from the small achools from 7A.

First of all you need to pay coacht 12.00. Secondly, you want to bash JC fans, thats fine. You want to bash our team please meet me somewhere. Cause I would love to discuss it with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never have anything nice to say. You and MUffin must be room mates.

You have a valid point Antwan and from all that i have found out we "jc" should have been up by 20 before the 4th quarter ever started so the refs shouldn't have been able to make a difference but do to things that happen i.e. turnovers, missed shots etc.. we weren't but having said all that Upperman played Jackson Co. Ky on Lexington Cath. home floor. One of LC's big rivals, and while i'm not taking anything away from Upperman they would have beaten that team by 40 down here but it wasn't LC they played on LC's home floor. A little difference but you're right this game is over and it means next to nothing other than we got beat. Doesn't matter if Courtney Dyer didn't play or Laken fouled out and didn't play alot in the first half. Bottom line is we lost lets move on, however if LC came to JC, Tn it would be a whole different story! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

hope they arent ruining themselves at some chuch overnight thingy....hahahaha

I was pulling for JC on this one, but I think I nailed the real reason for the loss all the way back on the first page

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have a valid point Antwan and from all that i have found out we "jc" should have been up by 20 before the 4th quarter ever started so the refs shouldn't have been able to make a difference but do to things that happen i.e. turnovers, missed shots etc.. we weren't but having said all that Upperman played Jackson Co. Ky on Lexington Cath. home floor. One of LC's big rivals, and while i'm not taking anything away from Upperman they would have beaten that team by 40 down here but it wasn't LC they played on LC's home floor. A little difference but you're right this game is over and it means next to nothing other than we got beat. Doesn't matter if Courtney Dyer didn't play or Laken fouled out and didn't play alot in the first half. Bottom line is we lost lets move on, however if LC came to JC, Tn it would be a whole different story! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

AMEN, That's what i said by playing smart ball... cushn yourself to compensate for mistakes.. Mistakes will be made whether by the team or ref's and you got to play smart and try not to make big mistakes.. Now that said and done let's concentrate on the d games the game with LA doesn't matter win or lose it's just going to be a rivalry game and a good one at that. I wish both team's the best of luck...See you JC and LA fan's Tues night.. Hope cd feels better!

AMEN, That's what i said by playing smart ball... cushn yourself to compensate for mistakes.. Mistakes will be made whether by the team or ref's and you got to play smart and try not to make big mistakes.. Now that said and done let's concentrate on the d games the game with LA doesn't matter win or lose it's just going to be a rivalry game and a good one at that. I wish both team's the best of luck...See you JC and LA fan's Tues night.. Hope cd feels better!

I cant remember the exact quote, but Steve Spurrier always said that he would prefer to be up 63-0 going into the 4th quarter and then see how things shake out from there!!!

Great theory!!

Options86, an avid Clarkrange fan, made a ref's wife mad in their game in Scottsville and she sought and received revenge.

I could of told you that the refs up there are morally unsound. They will flip it in a minute to change a game on an out of towner. We wasn't even in a close game, it was 33-9 at half and our younger girls were playing and laying it on as well. I guess the challenge was to bring them back and win. If not for an inadvertant time-out that gave us 2 free throws and the ball they may have. We only won by 6. As bad as I would hate to agree with a JC fan, I would say the refs decided the outcome. They would of had to be up 20 going into the 4th to win. And it would of still probably been close.