Congratulations goes out to......

sdog1

While I appreciate your comments, I would like to correct a few of your "facts". All of the incidents you report that occurred with various Soddy fans and/or parents involved only 2 people who are, from all things I have heard, the parents of one of our bowlers. We now suspect who that may be. However, NONE of the bowlers ATTACKED the WS coach or anyone else for that matter. To suggest they did is a complete fabrication and dramatization.

It IS true that a car belonging to a Soddy parent was keyed and pretty badly too and the police are currently looking into the matter. What you may NOT know was the car happened to belong to the 2 people who are believed to be the ones who made the obscene gestures, verbally accosted two WS male bowlers, and tried to trip the WS coach. Your post made it sound like our entire team, fans, and coaches were running wild attacking and behaving horribly which I PERSONALLY resent the heck out of. NONE of our bowlers have EVER verbally, physically, or in any way attacked or assaulted any opposing team, coach, or fan, nor would they. They ARE taught better than that.

Next, as far as our relationship with Hixson, how would you know the facts on this? As a matter of fact, the Hixson and Soddy teams are actually quite close and support each other in all matches except when we face each other. At the semi-finals match, did you happen to notice that a great deal of the Hixson fans were actually from Soddy and, during our matches, did you happen to notice that many of our fans were actually from Hixson? Any drama you refer to occurred in years past and involved only a few parents on both sides. THAT drama was appropriately dealt with MOST CAPABLY by the coaches on both sides.

Next, our coaches were completely unaware of any drama that was occurring. During the match, they were naturally focused on their bowlers. After the match, they were trying to uplift our girls' crushed spirits. If you do remember, many were quite upset and crying openly. Understandably THAT was their focus. NO ONE brought any of the above to their attention and the coaches only just found out about it when I told them about the posts on this site, for crying out loud! The APPROPRIATE actions would have been for Mr. Catlin to bring the matter to our coaches' attention and they would have certainly taken appropriate action. One of our coaches is a dedicated police veteran of 24 years and the other a retired postal inspector. They know how to deal with volatile situations and would have easily and quickly done so had they known.

I cannot comment on the match between Hendersonville and Hixson as I was not witness to it. However, I will say that I do not wish our coaches to model the head coach from Hendersonville. I saw how he coached Andrea in the individuals and my heart went out to her when he would make sarcastic comments when she was struggling. There she was trying her best but struggling and he walks up and says very sarcastically "try hitting the head pin for a change." Her face fell and I was just shocked. Andrea is a fantastic bowler and a very sweet girl who my daughter faced in many state tournaments (not just for TSSAA).

I will close with this: when you report the "facts" make sure they are accurate. I too hope the incident will be investigated by TSSAA and I thoroughly enjoy high school bowling and it should be about the kids. I never intended for my initial comments to be treated as an attack against someone who dedicates their time and energy to coaching. I was offended by the actions of the WS coach during the match as he appeared to allow his enthusiasm to override good taste but I have no doubts he must be a dedicated and commendable man. His bowlers are exceptional, both in their sportsmanship and skill and it has to be at least a partial reflection on the man.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LadyR, thanks for your reply. I will clear a few things up that you did not agree with my facts of what had happened. I should of stated verbal attack, and yes, it was the parents that got their car vandilized, the same parents that verbal attack the 2 WS boys, the same parents that tried to trip the WS coach, the same parents that flipped the middle finger DAUGHTER that verbally attacked WS coach. She did not ever curse WS coach, but she was screaming at and was very disrespectful. That is the facts. SD coaches were there and should stepped in while she was screaming at WS coach. I was reporting on the incident, did not want to set anyone out, because I know that the SD bowler and parents are great people and they were caught up in the heat of the moment. Now answer this question, since your coaches now knows about how their team, parents, and fans acted, where is the apology to WS school. coaches, team,and fans?

Now, you want to know how I know about the conflicts between the 2 great teams from Chattanooga? In years past, they had to seperate the 2 teams and would not allow them to practice in the same bowling center (Holiday Bowl) This came from an employee of the bowling center that witness several incident that included fights between the 2 schools. Now you say that was the past, and the 2 schools have forgot and forgave. NO SO. This year on or around Nov. 15, a Hixon girl bowler got the bowling equipment vandilized by an accused Soddy daisy person. So that shows that my facts are right about the 2 schools.

Now about our coach, he sometimes say things to our bowlers that we as parents dont agree with, BUT our kids love him, he does more for them than ANY coach in the state, if you ask Andrea, she would not trade him for any other coach in the state, and he keeps his team, parents, and fans under control. I ask you, how many high school teams went to Florida for 5 days in the fall, and 2 days in Cincinnatti in Dec. to bowl and to show how great the bowlers in the state of Tennessee is?

He holds our bowlers, parents, and fans at a higher level. All coaches are not perfect, all have at least 1 fault, but our coach is proven. Our coach is dedicated to our bowlers, and holds them to a higher standard and it shows on the way our bowlers dress and act win or lose. Not saying that he runs the most winningest high school bowling program in the state.

I am a new member on CoachT and I hope that I wont have to report any bad incidents ever again. Incidents like this one is not fun to read, I like reading the trash talk between how great Soddy Daisy and Hixon is. And my opinion is that both teams have a great program, but there are other teams that is on the map also.

Oh, by the way, our coach is a 21 year vet. on the police force to.

While I appreciate your comments, I would like to correct a few of your "facts". All of the incidents you report that occurred with various Soddy fans and/or parents involved only 2 people who are, from all things I have heard, the parents of one of our bowlers. We now suspect who that may be. However, NONE of the bowlers ATTACKED the WS coach or anyone else for that matter. To suggest they did is a complete fabrication and dramatization.

It IS true that a car belonging to a Soddy parent was keyed and pretty badly too and the police are currently looking into the matter. What you may NOT know was the car happened to belong to the 2 people who are believed to be the ones who made the obscene gestures, verbally accosted two WS male bowlers, and tried to trip the WS coach. Your post made it sound like our entire team, fans, and coaches were running wild attacking and behaving horribly which I PERSONALLY resent the heck out of. NONE of our bowlers have EVER verbally, physically, or in any way attacked or assaulted any opposing team, coach, or fan, nor would they. They ARE taught better than that.

Next, as far as our relationship with Hixson, how would you know the facts on this? As a matter of fact, the Hixson and Soddy teams are actually quite close and support each other in all matches except when we face each other. At the semi-finals match, did you happen to notice that a great deal of the Hixson fans were actually from Soddy and, during our matches, did you happen to notice that many of our fans were actually from Hixson? Any drama you refer to occurred in years past and involved only a few parents on both sides. THAT drama was appropriately dealt with MOST CAPABLY by the coaches on both sides.

Next, our coaches were completely unaware of any drama that was occurring. During the match, they were naturally focused on their bowlers. After the match, they were trying to uplift our girls' crushed spirits. If you do remember, many were quite upset and crying openly. Understandably THAT was their focus. NO ONE brought any of the above to their attention and the coaches only just found out about it when I told them about the posts on this site, for crying out loud! The APPROPRIATE actions would have been for Mr. Catlin to bring the matter to our coaches' attention and they would have certainly taken appropriate action. One of our coaches is a dedicated police veteran of 24 years and the other a retired postal inspector. They know how to deal with volatile situations and would have easily and quickly done so had they known.

I cannot comment on the match between Hendersonville and Hixson as I was not witness to it. However, I will say that I do not wish our coaches to model the head coach from Hendersonville. I saw how he coached Andrea in the individuals and my heart went out to her when he would make sarcastic comments when she was struggling. There she was trying her best but struggling and he walks up and says very sarcastically "try hitting the head pin for a change." Her face fell and I was just shocked. Andrea is a fantastic bowler and a very sweet girl who my daughter faced in many state tournaments (not just for TSSAA).

I will close with this: when you report the "facts" make sure they are accurate. I too hope the incident will be investigated by TSSAA and I thoroughly enjoy high school bowling and it should be about the kids. I never intended for my initial comments to be treated as an attack against someone who dedicates their time and energy to coaching. I was offended by the actions of the WS coach during the match as he appeared to allow his enthusiasm to override good taste but I have no doubts he must be a dedicated and commendable man. His bowlers are exceptional, both in their sportsmanship and skill and it has to be at least a partial reflection on the man.

Thanks you LadyR for your reply. When I reported the facts, I did not want the readers to know what family that was involved in the incident. I know the family and I believe that in my heart they are great people, just got caught up in the heat of the moment.

Let me apologize by saying the facts should of said verbal attack the WS coach.

And yes, it was a bowler on SD team, the daughter of the parents that got their vehicle vandalized, the daughter of the parents that verbally attack the 2 WS boys, the daughter of the parents that did try to trip the WS coach, and the daughter of the parents that flip the WS coach and team the middle finger that was up in WS coach screaming at him in a disrespectful way, and yes, a SD coach was near by that witnessed the verbal attack on WS coach. That??™s the facts.

Now, you say that all of the bad blood between the 2 Chattanooga teams was in the past and they get along now. That isn??™t so. In fact in the past that you are referring to, the 2 teams had to be separated and not allowed to practice in the same bowling center due to a few fights. But wasn??™t a SD person accused of vandalizing a Hixson??™s bowler equipment this year around Nov 15th? In fact, this sounds like the bad blood is still around. I read this incident on CoachT.

Now about our coach, he does say things to our bowlers that sometimes we as parents might not agree with, BUT our bowlers love him and respects him. If you ask Andrea about her coach, she would tell you that she loves him and that she would not trade him in on any other coach in the state. They have a great relationship. He may push her sometimes too hard, but he has helped her improve her game. Our coach has taken our bowlers to 2 different states this year to show how great Tennessee bowlers are, he makes sure that they are dressed alike in a uniform that is neatly pressed, and that our bowlers take pride in their sport. Our coach holds our bowlers, parents, and fan accountable for their actions and you will never witness parents off of Hendersonville??™s team acting the way that SD and Hixon??™s parents and fans acted. And for that reason, our coach runs that most successful bowling program in the state. The record shows. No coaches in our sport are perfect coaches and we would not trade him for any other coach.

I am a new member on coachT. I wanted to report the unfortunate facts that happened in the state tournament. I wished that the 2 incidents did not happened. I rather be reading SD and Hixon??™s team??™s trash talking on how great their programs are. (And they both have great programs) BUT there are other teams in the state that are great to.

I will close with a question for you. Since you made your coaches aware of the incident, are the prepared to issue WS school, team, coach, and fans an apology? I hope so.

I hesitate offering anything to this topic, but............

pepe10...I will close with this, I have reported the facts

No, you have reported primarily opinion. How do I know this?...

pepe10...LadyR, thanks for your reply. I will clear a few things up that you did not agree with my facts of what had happened. I should of stated verbal attack

pepe10...Let me apologize by saying the facts should of said..

Because your FACTS keep changing.

pepe10...Now, you say that all of the bad blood between the 2 Chattanooga teams was in the past and they get along now.

To my knowledge and I have been around these 2 teams for 4 years, there never was any bad blood between the kids. None. They bowl together on the same team in a Saturday league.

pepe10...In fact in the past that you are referring to, the 2 teams had to be separated and not allowed to practice in the same bowling center due to a few fights.

Never happened. Your FACTS are going downhill fast.

pepe10But wasn??™t a SD person accused of vandalizing a Hixson??™s bowler equipment this year around Nov 15th? In fact, this sounds like the bad blood is still around. I read this incident on CoachT.

Well, this was my daughter's ball and no Soddy Daisy bowler was accused of sanding her ball. In fact, it was an ex-Soddy Daisy bowler, Greg O'haver, that help fix her ball after this happened.

pepe10...This year, when the match was put away, Hendersonville's coach turned to his parents and fans raised his arms in victory. A Hixson parent or fan started screaming at the coach and continued until he walked away to turn in the winning score sheet.

This is true. However, don't you think it might have been a better idea to WAIT until the last bowler has finished before starting your cheering on you victory? Allie was in the 10th frame when the cheering began and I watched as she stopped, turned around to see what all the commotion was, shook her head and finished bowling the 10th. Show a little class.

pepe10...For TSSAA,

You should investigate the incidents, and treat this sport like others. You would not tolerate this type of action from parents and fans of any other sport and should not be tolerated in this sport. You are fortunate that the incidents did not get any worse.

What INCIDENTS warrant investigation by the TSSAA? You obviously haven't been to many HS football or baseball games if you believe anything you have mentioned deserved an investigation.

In closing, congatulations to Hendersonville and Columbia Central. Outstanding bowling. And congrats also to Megan and Michael on your individual awards, much deserved.

I have been reading the comments on this site for several years and I must say I'm a little ashamed of the fans involved in these discussions. I??™m referring to the comments that are personal attacks on individuals who most do not know well enough to be making the comments. Seeing a glimpse of how someone acts in this type of competitive environment with emotions as high as they were and then making a rash decision about who they are as a person is just wrong.

Not one of you addressing these issues knows what was going on with those individuals at that particular moment and each saw 1 or 2 things that you interpreted based on your personal beliefs or feelings. If the incident with the gesture in the parking lot happened, then the person(s) involved should apologize, but I'm curious did the gesture happen after their vehicle had been keyed? I'm not saying I would have reacted the same way, but if someone had keyed my $30k - $40K vehicle, saying I'd be a little upset would be putting it mildly especially after the loss in such an emotional match. Every parent and coach at State wanted the best for their players and sometimes emotions get the best of people whether good or bad. Each and every one of us has reacted in a way we are not proud of at some time in our life and if we could go back and change it we would. To the individual(s) who keyed the vehicle, step forward, apologize and pay for the damages you caused. One day you might be in the same situation, and wouldn??™t you expect that much at least.

I did not see the Soddy Daisy girl??™s match that everyone is talking about but I can say when Hendersonville bowled Soddy Daisy boys, their fans were polite and very supportive of their team. Exactly how it should be! Their players and coaches were very respectful to our boys and fans. I also watched Hillary from Soddy Daisy bowl in the individuals and the way she carried herself during that time speaks loudly about her parents and coaches. Be very proud of her. So to the Soddy Daisy teams, congrats on making it as far as you did. Do not let one questionable incident of a few reflect on you as a team. You're a great team and hold your heads up because your accomplishments this year are something to be proud of.

To address the Hixson Hendersonville issue, the "A" word was said to describe our coach. I realize that the Hixson team took this loss hard, as hard as Hendersonville girls did last year when Hixson knocked them out, however the response was different. So to those people who judge a coach by something he/she does or says during a highly intense emotional setting, you should be ashamed of yourself. Would you want someone to judge you in that amount of time under the same circumstances? Same can be said for the people judging Hixson now. How would you have responded in the same circumstances? If our fans started cheering a little too early, then please accept our apologies. We would never intentionally cheer while a competitor was on the approach to bowl. Understand we were very proud of our girls as we realized how tough a team Hixson is. Hixson has a great bowling team and their bowlers and program should be recognized for their bowling achievements, not comments made by a few at a time of disappointment and heartache. From my understanding they had a lot of senior girls this year and every senior on every team wants to go out with a championship. Even though the comments may not have been appropriate, please try to understand the emotions that these individuals were feeling. Congrats to the Hixson team on a great season and good luck next year.

We at Hendersonville know our head coach is hard for outside people to take sometimes, but you could not ask for anyone to love or support these kids anymore than he does. There is a reason our team makes it to state every year, it is because of the hard work and determination he demands from his team, parents, and fans. When you join this team, bowling becomes your life and this team is a very big part of your family. Our coach demands the same from every single player. Each person must be willing to work just as hard as the next and one of the first things you learn is when you put on that uniform you are representing your school, team and community and you should do it with pride. That uniform means something to each person who has ever worn it. Does he demand discipline and commitment, YES. He holds our bowlers, parents and fans accountable. What I have realized in young people today, is that most aren??™t held accountable for their actions and most do not learn the consequences that come along with those actions. Is he bold and sometimes demanding yes, but he knows what to say to each bowler to get the best out of them. I just want my children to give their best in everything they do. Don??™t you? So to the Coaching staff at HHS, congrats and keep up the good work. You each bring something to the table and I hope my child takes something from each of you.

To Hardin County (one of my favorite teams) congrats on your season. You should be proud of your teams and bowlers. I hated that the second match on the boys was between our two teams but am glad the final on the girls was between us. Both teams in that girl??™s final match deserved to be there. You are truly an amazing bunch of young people and you truly represent the whole concept of sportsmanship. Your team, coaches and fans deserve to be recognized for that as well as the bowling accomplishments you have achieved. Congrats to Megan on her accomplishments. I can??™t wait to see you guys next year.

Congratulations to Columbia Central. You guys are an awesome team and your supporters are just as awesome. We knew the match would be tough, but what I didn't know was what an amazing team and coaching staff you guys have. When the match was over, everyone shook our player??™s hands and your coaches took the time to address some of our players by their names. The fact that your coaches took the time to do that even though they were excited to win, says something about the class of your program. Your fans cheered for us just as loud as we did when the trophies were being presented and it was nice after all the other conflicts this year to have both teams act the way they should and be supportive of each other. Way to go parents and players on both teams! To Michael and his parents, congratulations on everything you have accomplished.

To Hendersonville Girls, congrats you are truly amazing young women.

To Hendersonville Boys, be proud of yourself and team. There is no shame in coming in 2nd to a team as talented as Columbia Central. Way to go on a super season.

To all young people reading this site or others: Do not let something negative someone says on a message board affect you in any way. You show strength and courage every time you step up on those lanes or post a comment on this site. Hold your heads up high and be proud of who you are. Each of you was created in your own special way and no one can take who you are away from you unless you let them. I??™m proud of every individual who has the courage to step up and try something that most in the sports community don??™t consider to be a real sport. They don??™t realize the time, effort, dedication and level of skill involved in this sport.

Congrats to every school, team, and individual who competed this year. Whether you won every point or none, you at least tried where so many others don??™t. Thanks to every coach this year that dedicated their time to our young people.

To proudbowlingmom, I totally agree with your comments and congratulations to all the bowlers and teams of this year. I absolutely hate the drama and hope next year will be awesome. Thank you.

Thanks also to Catbackr for your support and the correcting of the erroneous facts previously reported. I know don't where on earth pepe heard that our teams had to be separated and couldn't even bowl in the same center since we have shared the same center every single week of every single month of every single season since Hixson started their high school team! Our kids bowl on the same leagues, often on the same teams, and frequently join each other on the same doubles/teams during USBC tournament time. That one is beyond me. Thank you also catbackr for correcting the accusation that a Soddy player had anything to do with messing with Allie's ball. We all love your daughter and think she totally rocks! The initial rumor that hit this website about the drama between our two teams was apparently posted by someone wanting to stir up trouble and I'm glad we all didn't take the bait.

Pepe, as far as the apology, that has already been done. After I informed the coaches of the above events, of which they were not aware, they asked me to post an apology for all the events. I did so immediately and it is included in a post on this very subject. However, again, I will say that, on behalf of the coaches, players, and fans of Soddy Daisy, we apologize for any and all inflammatory statements and actions two of our fans may caused during our match with White Station.

NOW, can we please let this drop and let all of our kids enjoy their success?

To proudbowlingmom, I totally agree with your comments and congratulations to all the bowlers and teams of this year. I absolutely hate the drama and hope next year will be awesome. Thank you.

Thanks also to Catbackr for your support and the correcting of the erroneous facts previously reported. I know don't where on earth pepe heard that our teams had to be separated and couldn't even bowl in the same center since we have shared the same center every single week of every single month of every single season since Hixson started their high school team! Our kids bowl on the same leagues, often on the same teams, and frequently join each other on the same doubles/teams during USBC tournament time. That one is beyond me. Thank you also catbackr for correcting the accusation that a Soddy player had anything to do with messing with Allie's ball. We all love your daughter and think she totally rocks! The initial rumor that hit this website about the drama between our two teams was apparently posted by someone wanting to stir up trouble and I'm glad we all didn't take the bait.

Pepe, as far as the apology, that has already been done. After I informed the coaches of the above events, of which they were not aware, they asked me to post an apology for all the events. I did so immediately and it is included in a post on this very subject. However, again, I will say that, on behalf of the coaches, players, and fans of Soddy Daisy, we apologize for any and all inflammatory statements and actions two of our fans may caused during our match with White Station.

NOW, can we please let this drop and let all of our kids enjoy their success?

For those who wonder where mi information came from about the 2 teams being separated, it came from a ex-employee from Holiday bowl. He is a BIG Hixon fan and he stated the incident as a fact not be making it up. Yes it might had happened before your bowlers career, but it did happened.

For the fan that just now clearing up the ball incident, do you think you should of come out this the facts in November? BUT thanks for clearing it up now. I dont think anyone should be falsely accused of something they did not do. Just like the WS coach falsely being accused in the Smyrna police report of vandilizing a Soddy's parents veicle. That incident will be cleared up also when the investigation is completed.

About cheering, I did not know that we are now are putting rules on cheering. Our coach in the past 2 state tournaments did shake Hixons bowlers, coaches hands before the last ball was thrown and Hixons fans cheered. The raising of our coach arms, and the cheering of our fans was in no way meant to be disrespectful to Hixon in anyway. I know for a fact, that our coach has the upmost respect for Hixon's team, coaches, and fans. And the cheer was a loud roar, not a cheer of anyway disrespectful to Hixon's team.

Research TSSAA conduct rules, and research the past fines and penalties. You will find out that both Chatt. teams could face fines and not be permitted for post season tournaments for their conduct. For you to say that nothing is to investigate in the conduct of both Chatt. teams, is wrong, and it could happen again. Thats wrong.

To making an apology to WS school, team and coach on Coach T .com is not the way. A formal letter of an apology should be sent to the school on your school's letter head. Believe it or not, everyone in the state may not read Coach T.com.

Again, both Soddy and Hixon has great bowlers, coaches, and fans. I look forward in watching every match between the Soddy, Hixon, and Hendersonville. I would like to seeSoddy and Hixons teams invite Hendersonville to Chatt. next year for a friendly match. Maybe White Station could be invited also as a friendly gesture. I would hope that all 4 schools then could see how WE all can show our pride and class to each other. All it would take is a phone call.

pepe10...For those who wonder where mi information came from about the 2 teams being separated, it came from a ex-employee from Holiday bowl. He is a BIG Hixon fan and he stated the incident as a fact not be making it up. Yes it might had happened before your bowlers career, but it did happened.

OK, I say it never happened. If it did, who said it did? What is his/her name? You can't just come on here and say "IT HAPPENED".

pepe10...For the fan that just now clearing up the ball incident, do you think you should of come out this the facts in November? BUT thanks for clearing it up now.

Check out the time/date stamp on this post pepe:

catsbackr

View Member Profile Nov 16 2007 - 07:15 PM Post #3

No drama.

Hixson girls win 17-10.

The young lady who's ball was tampered with shot 231, 206, 202 - 639.

You just come on here and start talking I guess.

pepe10... Research TSSAA conduct rules, and research the past fines and penalties. You will find out that both Chatt. teams could face fines and not be permitted for post season tournaments for their conduct. For you to say that nothing is to investigate in the conduct of both Chatt. teams, is wrong, and it could happen again. Thats wrong.

Wrong again. The only thing that could be penalized was a coach standing on the approach as other bowlers began to bowl. Nothing else. This is what the TSSAA bowling code of conduct says:

Bowling, conduct of players

I think your facts are fact-less.

Actually in the rules that were just posted Page 2 Under II Item C references unsportsmanlike behavior by the competitors in the match.

If the young lady jumping up in our coaches face and being loud and disrespectful wasn't an example of that behavior then I do not know what is. But of course this was after the match was over.

Also, there could be other infractions based upon the fact that USBC guidelines govern where TSSAA guidelines do not correct??

As far as everyone excusing the behavior of the parents in question because it was done "in the heat of the moment"?? What if in the heat of the moment our coach would have cussed the parents in question out or used physical violence to defend himself when the parent tried to trip him and cursed him??? Would everyone be so quick to dismiss his behavior if he would have given as good as he got???

Pepe is correct that a formal apology should be given. The coach has been questioned by the police, and his name is in the police report. As someone who has never been in trouble in his entire life that I'm aware of, that has to be pretty upsetting.

Is this issue ever going to end. pepe10 is the only person who has stated they got caught up in the moment and they really didn't excuse the behavior.

What should be said was unless you are one of the individuals who were involved in the incident (not a fan on either team watching) then you have no right to judge anyone. There are 2 sides to every story and then there's the truth which typically lies somewhere between the 2 sides. This issue lies with the parties involved. I do not know what happened before the match, during the match, or after the match that led to this incident, but the actual people involved do. Maybe something was said or done in the past that was taken the wrong way and out of context.

By not having all the facts, people tend to react in the wrong way. The example would be the Hixson/Hendersonville issue..Hendersonville parents were mad after the comments about our coaches, however, our parents and players were not aware that we had offended the Hixson fans and players by screaming while Allie was on the approach. (Just to be clear whether it happened for the last 100 years in a row, it doesn't matter. Two wrongs do not make a right. Just because one team supposedly did it doesn??™t mean it is okay to do it back to them. I don??™t know if Hixson did the same thing the last 2 years, I don't remember.) Our cheering was by no means meant to be disrespectful to Allie or the Hixson team. But our actions and the way they were interpreted by others, led to comments we found offensive. Our team had no idea why these comments were made about our coach, but one simple post on this board got to the issue. People need to take the time to get the facts instead of reacting on emotions.

There are other facts in the WS/Soddy issue that no one but the parties involved know and therefore none of us have the right to judge them. The parties involved should resolve this issue.