copperheads

99ginger

Thank you for the kind words , BuckLateral . I am one of the "coaching Dads" . I got tricked into wrestling about 7 yrs. ago . My son called me @ work and said coach wants me to wrestle , cause he says I am the right weight . Because of Copperheads he went to state 3 times in High School finishing 4th once. We started back when you went anywhere you could find a tournament . Just like Bearcat & Mr. Cleveland had posted stories about, a few weeks past . My son would wrestle kids in his weight class named J.M. Simpson , Bauki , Konz , and Cash became better after each match . We would face other clubs like Mocsters from Chattanooga . And still faced them all during Middle & High School . I have a 13 & 8 yr. olds wrestling now . And wouldn't give it up for anything ! Now adays if you expect you child or School or team to make any noise , you better start young . I would rather wrestle in a singlet than dribble in my shorts !!!!

ps. to 99ginger - great Coaches room @ Dickson tourn. I gained 3#

Bruindad2,

Are you one of the coaches now? My son Grayson is a 6th grader and I've not had a chance to meet all of you coaches. He's looking forward to this weekend in Clarksville and I'll make it a point to introduce myself. Thanks for what you do, it's really making a difference for Grayson.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the same Chuck Bean who ran around with a John Feldhacker? Now there was a pair! Those 2 pretty much dominated the Memphis party circuit in the early 90's. A couple of ladies men who could fight.

From what I've heard they are 2 UTC legends.

Memphis have you loss your mind ? Neither is from Memphis. This thread was about copperheads wrestling !!

Memphis have you loss your mind ? Neither is from Memphis. This thread was about copperheads wrestling !!

No, I have not lost my mind. I never said anyone was from Memphis. But I do think that both spent some time in Memphis. In fact, I think one of the 2 guys lived in Memphis for a few years.

Oh.. If you look back in the thread you may see a question about Chuck Bean. Thats right, I think he may have had something to do with copperheads wrestling.

Jackie Fargo ?? ... that is a little over the top . I do help coach copperheads , I am on the other end of the room with the elementary kids . I know Grayson , and he has alot of heart . That is one of the most important parts to wrestling . The boys and I didn't make Clarksville this weekend , but are going to Tullahoma on 23rd. Be sure and come introduce yourself Tues. or Thurs. I'll show you how to help me wash the matts . lol

COPPERHEADS RULE !!!

Jackie Fargo ?? ... that is a little over the top . I do help coach copperheads , I am on the other end of the room with the elementary kids . I know Grayson , and he has alot of heart . That is one of the most important parts to wrestling . The boys and I didn't make Clarksville this weekend , but are going to Tullahoma on 23rd. Be sure and come introduce yourself Tues. or Thurs. I'll show you how to help me wash the matts . lol

COPPERHEADS RULE !!!

I will. By the way, Grayson won his very first match Saturday night and ended up with a 4th place finish in his group. He did very well and had two guys pinned only to end up getting caught and losing to them in the 3rd round. He has learned so much and gets better every time he wrestles.

Thanks again for all that you do.

Congrats to all former Cooperhead wrestlers that placed in the state in 2008:

Brentwood High School- 103 112 189 Overmyer, Thomas, Croy

Father Ryan High School 140 152 160 171 285 Marchetti, Miller, Wesley, Goodrum, Hermann

MBA 145 152 Floyd, Todd

Brentwood Aca. 103 130 Calloway Gibbs

If there any others please update. It shows starting young has helped these young men.

Congrats to all former Cooperhead wrestlers that placed in the state in 2008:

Brentwood High School- 103 112 189 Overmyer, Thomas, Croy

Father Ryan High School 140 152 160 171 285 Marchetti, Miller, Wesley, Goodrum, Hermann

MBA 145 152 Floyd, Todd

Brentwood Aca. 103 130 Calloway Gibbs

If there any others please update. It shows starting young has helped these young men.

Congrats to all you Copperheads.

Bruindad2, tell me which coach you are and I'll introduce myself tomorrow at practice.

I am Scotts Dad . I don't want to post my real name , someone might steal my identity and end up with all my debts. Wouldn't wish that on anyone . . . I also want to congratulate ALL the medal winners @ State . From every school , it is a true accomplishment !!

Great. I think we met at the Sharpshooter Beginners Tournament.

I'll talk to you tonight if you're there.