East Ridge @ Marion

MCRoadWarrior

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see this one, I am really intrested to see how Cody does against Jurrick. For Marion to beat East Ridge they gotta take it at Big Phil. He is going to block a fair amount of shots but regardless you gotta attack him, something Grundy didnt do to Cody.

I think Marion by 4

I wish u were here too Whowitit a couple of ur pupils would love to have ur support tonight will let u know how it went I think Marion will have to pack it in tonight and make the guards beat us which i dont think they can and push the all night long-enough coaching Good Luck Marion /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

somebody tell cody to force phillip left..jurick last i checked couldnt use his left to save his life..run the floor all night and he will wear down..should be decided in the 4th quarter and i think marion has the ability to wear east ridge down...if marion plays containment D, force jurick left, and make the shots they are suppose to..i'll take marion in single digits

Good luck tonight Marion. Cody, I don't envy you at all tonight. Listen to your mentors and do your best against the "big guy". It probably wouldn't hurt anything if the team improved on its overall free shot percentage. Sometimes a single point can be big. Play team ball, I'll be yelling and the ducksters will be quacking.......when allowed to do so.

somebody tell cody to force phillip left..jurick last i checked couldnt use his left to save his life..run the floor all night and he will wear down..should be decided in the 4th quarter and i think marion has the ability to wear east ridge down...if marion plays containment D, force jurick left, and make the shots they are suppose to..i'll take marion in single digits

From what i hear Jurick has lost a few pounds and is in great shape (gettin ready for that Bruce Pearl system i'm sure) so i really don't think he will wear down, especially on Marion's short court. Marion needs to play with some fire, it's gettin close to crunch time. Marion by 2

East Ridge wins again. Jurrick led East Ridge scorers with 22 points. Marion's scorers were as follows, Guyear 24, Brocks 13, Henegar 11, Martin 3, and Bailey 2. Marion looked tired tonight. I guess 5 games in 6 days may have been a little much. Congrats again to East Ridge, as for Marion, enjoy the next couple of days and get ready for Friday!

I am excited about the future of this Marion team. The five to seven rotation we have seen the past few weeks is going to make this a serious contender for the next two years. I can definitely understand their tiredness after that many games so close together. After injuries, they don't have a whole lot of depth. But when the oldest player that plays is a Junior, and you're still keeping up, you've got something. Marion beat theirselves tonight though. Turned the ball over way too much, and just refused to take it to the hole to take the foul. Jurick played well yes, but I am sure they could have limited his minutes if they would have gotten inside and maybe got him to pick up more fouls earlier in the game. I honestly didn't see him as a player who can fit in to Pearl's system. He came off lazy, not moving too much, and that is definitely not Tennessee basketball. But I will get behind him once he gets the orange on. I was impressed with Cody picking up the 11 points and however many rebounds he did get. If he puts on some muscle, and gets himself a base where he won't be pushed around, we will be looking at a D-I Prospect. There is a lot of talent on Marion's team. Zephan is a natural when it comes to running a team, and if everyone played with the hustle and intensity that Corpeio did, this would be a VERY scary team. But everyone is stepping up. I think Marion should be very content with where they are right now. They have talent, leadership, and a lot of potential. Don't let the losses get you down, you're holding your own, and next year (and the next), you guys will be a serious contender. Keep your heads up. Still some season left.

I agree with Rodman 15 and MCRW. Marion did help beat themselves, but they looked early on like a very tired ball club. Hustle kept them in the game the first half; second half proved too much. Tough luck guys. Rest up and get ready for the next one. The students and fans are all behind you.

Losing Jeremy very early in the game had to hurt Marion's chances. He's came up big in recent games; the team missed his points and all around hustle tonight. Chris Martin isn't a small lad by anyone's standards, but seeing him standing beside Jurrick along the lane was almost comical. This size differential probably had something to do with why Marion players seemed reluctant to take the ball inside. All things considered, I'm not at all disappointed with the team's effort tonight.

I did enjoy getting to see Jurrick play for the first time this season. He pretty much dominated us; I don't doubt he'll eventually make an impact at UT. Since we're likely finished with ER for the year, Go Jurrick.

I understand now why the Duck Call Choir had to be silenced during game play. Darned TSSAA. Someone should report them to Ducks Unlimited for catagorizing duck calls as "noise makers". Sure sounds like music to me.