Best Mop-up Pitcher in the Mid State

Slyder

Its pretty easy to write about the guys that hit all the homeruns or strikes everyone out. Lets post the guys that go out when the game is out of hand and takes one on the chin for the team. My vote is Cooter Hatfield for the Buck Snort Owls. Pretty decent fastball... 70-72mph and is developing a curve and changeup. This 19year old junior has a NASTY running screwball, but it only works in the bullpen. He does not care about an earn run average and twice last year, held opponents scoreless for an entire inning. These are the unsung heros. Who does YOUR team have?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty easy to write about the guys that hit all the homeruns or strikes everyone out. Lets post the guys that go out when the game is out of hand and takes one on the chin for the team. My vote is Cooter Hatfield for the Buck Snort Owls. Pretty decent fastball... 70-72mph and is developing a curve and changeup. This 19year old junior has a NASTY running screwball, but it only works in the bullpen. He does not care about an earn run average and twice last year, held opponents scoreless for an entire inning. These are the unsung heros. Who does YOUR team have?

That is easy. We have converted my left-handed hindcatcher into a pitcher. I finally figured out that all of the umpires, especially the new moderater, R'daleman are righthanded and could not call enough strikes for the lefthanded hindcatcher. We are now trying to get him not to balk when he pitches from the catcher's crouch. He is also having a bit of trouble throwing from the 60' 6" as opposed to the distance from home to second. We have put in the telephone pole on the bullpen mound to teach him to drop down and be the classic sidewinder. We have got him as high as 67 on the radar gun. I will let you know how it goes.

That is easy. We have converted my left-handed hindcatcher into a pitcher. I finally figured out that all of the umpires, especially the new moderater, R'daleman are righthanded and could not call enough strikes for the lefthanded hindcatcher. We are now trying to get him not to balk when he pitches from the catcher's crouch. He is also having a bit of trouble throwing from the 60' 6" as opposed to the distance from home to second. We have put in the telephone pole on the bullpen mound to teach him to drop down and be the classic sidewinder. We have got him as high as 67 on the radar gun. I will let you know how it goes.

you have just shown why u are not a very good coach who in their right mind would turn a left handed hindcatcher into a pitcher?it is not a balk unless its called so i wouldnt worry about it cause most of us umps dont know what a balk is i will say 67 MPH is perrty good cause you can really see that pitch coming in

It sure is impressive R'man, to admit that you (umpires) do not know what a balk is. I had heard other people say that about umpires, but it is refreshing for someone to man up and admit it. I wanted to post this because I have read the negative comments about you, and do not believe all of them. I had overheard a comment about you not knowing your grass from the hole in the ground?? So, I don't know what kinda of grass I have in my yard. Big deal.

19 yr old jr? that means he is ineligible...or maybe he makes the cut..but means he is inelgible his senior year.

It is good to be getting these guys a thread, but that could be demeaning to some of there self esteems..its kind of like saying your the best player that stinks.

19 yr old jr? that means he is ineligible...or maybe he makes the cut..but means he is inelgible his senior year.

It is good to be getting these guys a thread, but that could be demeaning to some of there self esteems..its kind of like saying your the best player that stinks.

It is my recomendation that you read your post, then read your quote several times. Maybe you'll laugh like I did

It is my recomendation that you read your post, then read your quote several times. Maybe you'll laugh like I did

CC,

Who read it to you? We are adding some extra lighting in the visitor dugout for your chart reader this year. I hope it helps. A good jesture would be to have me a box built in the john to help keep my legs from falling asleep.

We are having issues with dropping down the lefthanded hindcatcher...so much rain lately, his knuckles are draging in the water and has developed a rot similar to the one I got as tunnel rat in Nam. Any help would be beneficial.

BTW, Slyder seems sensitive to any negative comments...bad timing or is he turning inot a whiner?

E5

Sir, I use to be that guy, the best player to stink. Thus is the reason I started the thread. I am all about over achieving mediocrity! And my self asteem is very high!

E5, why are you picking on me? Im not whiney and it is not bad timing. If I do not defend myself, I could become a target like...like... Riverdaleman is.

And I "believe" 20 year seniors are eligible to play their senior year, only if they are enrolled for a night class at an accredited state college or have already inked a deal with an agent. I will have to pull out my Professional Scout Handbook and will let you know.

Good stuff guys

E5, the rot you developed in Nam, didn't they just give you a shot and tell you to be more careful? If your lefthanded hindcatcher is getting that from dropping down to low and his knuckles are dragging the ground, could you not just dig out the right handed batters box and fix that? That also helps Riverdaleman out, now the 0-2 curve that is in the dirt is indeed a strike because it is at the knees to the righty!

Slyder... problem solver!

Sir, I use to be that guy, the best player to stink. Thus is the reason I started the thread. I am all about over achieving mediocrity! And my self asteem is very high!

E5, why are you picking on me? Im not whiney and it is not bad timing. If I do not defend myself, I could become a target like...like... Riverdaleman is.

And I "believe" 20 year seniors are eligible to play their senior year, only if they are enrolled for a night class at an accredited state college or have already inked a deal with an agent. I will have to pull out my Professional Scout Handbook and will let you know.

Good stuff guys

If we are talking about high school baseball...theres a certain date, not sure when, that you cannot reach the age of 19 before or else you are ineligible for TSSAA sports. The day is sometime in the beginning of the school year from August to September, i think, and if someone is 19 their junior year..that would make them ineligible.

I believe this is correct but if anyone knows about it being incorrect, please help me out.

If we are talking about high school baseball...theres a certain date, not sure when, that you cannot reach the age of 19 before or else you are ineligible for TSSAA sports. The day is sometime in the beginning of the school year from August to September, i think, and if someone is 19 their junior year..that would make them ineligible.

I believe this is correct but if anyone knows about it being incorrect, please help me out.

Help you out? The best advice I can give you sir.. pull you lip over your head and swallow.

Help you out? The best advice I can give you sir.. pull you lip over your head and swallow.

Sorry, CC, he is somewhat correct. The actual date is Feb 29th. Problem is that if he turns 19 on Feb. 29th, then he actually is 76 in real birthday years. That not only makes him ineligible, but non-functional too. I would imagine that he might even have a little arch on his fastball too, but uses his "experience" to get people out.