Dyer County vs. Dyersburg

trojanz1

Good post Tribe. I was sitting fairly close to the DC student section and saw the Trojan fans moving in early. I agree the sitting in general was very limited to the DC faithful causing the students and others to blend. I noticed quiet afew DC fans sitting on the Trojans side. Brave ppl! I also believe the game clock going out b4 the start of the game for almost 20 min. made it hard for the fans to get cranked up early. When the player intros have already been announed and ready for tipoff and the fans are on their feet, then the clock goes out, the players had to go back to the bench, then warm up again, then go back to the bench, it takes alot out of the crowd and especially the players.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dc student section didn't seem very animated, apart from the dunk (Which was Awesome!) I think they did only 1 cheer the entire time"just like football."The blackout in the Dburg section looked pretty cool, and they were sure there in force. I thought the game's officiating could have been better, but it wan't as bad as what i've gotten used to

Purely speculation on my part, but I'd say that D.C.'s Administration (in the interest of security) toned down the D.C.Student Section. Maybe I'm right & maybe I'm wrong (couldn't really say) but they don't have a score board for "Student Sections" ! Pretty rude while introducing the "Lady Choctaws" Trojan Student Section would say "S U C K S" after each name was called ! Now I understand that it is "slang" but IMO inappropriate for girls intro! Give to 'em though the D'burg Student Section WAS ROCKIN ! And regarding the Ladies intro kids WILL be kids ! The "Black Out" was also pretty cool (though ORANGE is my favorite color) ! When you get right down to it all you can say about D.C. & D'burg is WOW ! I don't think it would matter if they were playin' checkers ! Can you say R I V A L R Y !

Tribe likely got it closer to the was it was than I did ! I got there reasonably early to get a seat & was right next to the "Blackout" ! I was unaware of the seating situation in the D.C. Student Section. Momentum ain't confined to the court I guess !

In DC students defense, when they first got there several of DHS students (or at least they had jackets on) were in there section. It took alot of time to get someone to come and get them to move. The students were spread out everywhere. It is also hard for the students (both sides) to have a good time when adults insist on sitting with them and complaining the whole time that they can see. (which happens way too much) I feel that both sections were unusually quite last night. This is such and emotional game and alot of hype goes on the days before. Also, it is getting to the point where DHS gym can't handle this game. I hope in the near future they can get the facilities to back up their great program. Being a devoted DC fan, I dread but can wait for this game every year. Congrats to both teams on an enjoyable night of basketball!!!

IN reference to your comment about the facilites at DHS, the current facility has only been in existence approximately 3 - 4 yrs. I feel that what we have is more then adequate enough for the fan support. The DHS vs. Dyer County game is perhaps the only sell out game either school has during the regular basketball season, I really do not think it would be economically smart to invest in anything better then what we currently especially for a one game a year sell out, we pay enough taxes as it is. I can also remember that not too long ago these games were not as enticing or supported as they have recently become, the Trojan fans always seemed to show up as they still do but not very long ago Dyer County Fans came but definitely they were not as supportive as they have been the past 2 seasons.

I can also remember that not too long ago these games were not as enticing or supported as they have recently become, the Trojan fans always seemed to show up as they still do but not very long ago Dyer County Fans came but definitely they were not as supportive as they have been the past 2 seasons.

Why SAY something like that?????? Been a nice thread up until your last snarky comment. Oh well, DOESN'T matter...what does was the scoreboard at the end of BOTH GAMES!!!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Why SAY something like that?????? Been a nice thread up until your last snarky comment. Oh well, DOESN'T matter...what does was the scoreboard at the end of BOTH GAMES!!!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Not nearly as much as some of my DC friends bragged on! I did like the DC shirts, but I believe the Dburg students are engineering shirts for next year that say "Counce is Back" oh well, now its time for Spring Sports after bball!

Not nearly as much as some of my DC friends bragged on! I did like the DC shirts, but I believe the Dburg students are engineering shirts for next year that say "Counce is Back" oh well, now its time for Spring Sports after bball!

I personally don't think that Counce coming back will make as big of difference as everyone thinks. Yes they will be good but, the defeat to DC had more to do with a choctaw revival than a DHS debacle if you will.JMHO. As far as spring sports go I think baseball has the potential to be the most heated and closely contested of all the sports this year. Just think about that!

IN reference to your comment about the facilites at DHS, the current facility has only been in existence approximately 3 - 4 yrs. I feel that what we have is more then adequate enough for the fan support. The DHS vs. Dyer County game is perhaps the only sell out game either school has during the regular basketball season, I really do not think it would be economically smart to invest in anything better then what we currently especially for a one game a year sell out, we pay enough taxes as it is. I can also remember that not too long ago these games were not as enticing or supported as they have recently become, the Trojan fans always seemed to show up as they still do but not very long ago Dyer County Fans came but definitely they were not as supportive as they have been the past 2 seasons.

WHAT? You obviously are not familiar with Choctaw BB unless it`s in the Trojan house. There has always been a great fanbase of DC BB. The last run at state (b4 last year) DC had the largest following in the BORO. More orange than all others. I agree you can`t build a new facility just to support one game a year, but it was limited seating on the DC side of the gym.

I too agree that Counce coming back is not going to be that big of a deal. The Trojans had a special bunch of guys last year and that doesn`t happen just because of the coaches or in this case the coaching changes.

Maybe in Dburg that is the only sell out game for yall but DC had another sell out game last year its called a SUBSTATE game but yeah Dburg wouldn't know anything about that and wow Dburg does need at least better bleachers and actually more bleachers cause not everyone wants to come in a 5 o'clock to get a good seat or else you won't get a seat i sit in those crappy seats right next to the Dburg Student Section and my back hurt all night and i know you are suppose to be supportive of your team but Dburg Students Section need to learn one word its called SPORTSMANSHIP i know it is a HUGE word and most might not understand it but its not yelling out stinks after every player's name from the other team is getting called out and saying B.S. after you don't get a call that you think should be called or that you think shouldn't be called understand this refs have like the hardest job in basketball watching 10 guys on the court at once and trying to watch for fouls, travels, 5 sec calls, 10 sec calls, charges, 3 sec calls, & etc. if you think its so easy to do give it a try and i bet you'll still have some people out there not happy with the way you call refs can't please everyone so if they aren't giving your team calls chill out you don't have to say stuff like that with littler kids at a basketball!!!!! show some RESPECT!!!

Certainly I'm not one of those " D.C. Friends" ! I don't make predictions re:any given game, sport OR opponenet ! Anyone (D.C. Fans) that had a large spread for either D.C. Girls OR Boys would have had to have been outside their minds with the Trojans having "Home Court Advantage" not to mention the closeness & intensity of the last contests ! As for the T- Shirts .......... whether "Counce is Back" (in black of course) OR "Just Like Football" (Orange ?) the truth is played out on the field, court, track or whatever. T- shirts will just wind up in a yard sale or for cleanin' up a car or truck ! Once they make their initial impact the "new wears off" ! I'm happy for the D'burg faithful that the Counces are back since it seems like nothing less would do ! I wish them (supporters & the Coaches Counce) ALL the best save for one Friday night a year ! AND I can't WAIT for the "Spring Sports" either ! Especially BASEBALL ! Man ....... AIN'T RIVALRIES GREAT !

Don't misunderstand me, I agree and understand that you "can't build a gym over night". I also remember not to very long ago that Dyersburg had the "better" facilities and were very adament to let every DCHS student know that. I also agree that two years ago, myself and about 30 other people where the only fans at the DC games. BUT as I have said to many people and I mean no disrespect "The Times Are Changing" Now the younger kids have travel ball and AAU. More kids are exposed and trained at a variety of different sports. Both programs will grow, but that BANDWAGON effect will take place. New school, new teaching methods, winning teams are alot more appealing to the junior high school student. Dyersburg has and will always excel, no matter what their "house" is. As you stated"it would not be economically smart to invest in" , BUT for years it has been shoved in the Choctaw community face about how great the DHS alumni and supporters are and how high they are on the economic ladder. It may be hearsay, but I was a county kid and all I have ever heard is how much the local supporters pump into that school. I just always expected that the "one up attitude" would go on forever. I guess I was wrong. No DHS should not center improving their facilities around one game, but why not, they treat that game as though it is above all else. Let me explain before I get labeled as a Trojan "hater". If DC loses to DHS, we move on with our every day lives. We leave the coaches and the players alone. Now, if DHS is defeated by DCHS it is all that is focused on for the remainder of the season. Not the success, effort, or excellent coaching, DHS supporters seem to focus on "WHAT HAPPENED, HOW COULD YOU LET DC BEAT YOU?"