LA hosts Smith Co.

HOGEYEmgr

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Maybe so, Maynord is a good coach. I just like jawing with their posters. They are witty and confident, but that is only on the fb boards.

Hey, we don't hate BB...we actually like it better than swimming, track, hockey, bowling, tennis, and marbles................. But as you can see....most like FB better.

Truth is, in the past most of the better athletes have always played football only, that may change with the new BB coach, but then it may not if it cuts into weight lifting etc.....

I'm sure the SC people would do a little jawing and poking a sharp stick at others....given a reason.

We may be able to get in the swing of things sometime in the near future......both the girls and boys are very very young. If SC wins consistently.......they will come out in droves...............

I don't know if Maynord would have the BB as good as the FB team...but I wouldn't want to take the ball inside against a Maynord coached BB team.....there are 4 linemen on the BB team that know a little something about staying low and delievering a lick.....

Hey, we don't hate BB...we actually like it better than swimming, track, hockey, bowling, tennis, and marbles................. But as you can see....most like FB better.

Truth is, in the past most of the better athletes have always played football only, that may change with the new BB coach, but then it may not if it cuts into weight lifting etc.....

I'm sure the SC people would do a little jawing and poking a sharp stick at others....given a reason.

We may be able to get in the swing of things sometime in the near future......both the girls and boys are very very young. If SC wins consistently.......they will come out in droves...............

I don't know if Maynord would have the BB as good as the FB team...but I wouldn't want to take the ball inside against a Maynord coached BB team.....there are 4 linemen on the BB team that know a little something about staying low and delievering a lick.....

Well, I see you are still witty! I wish some of the bb players here would play fb, they are great athletes and would make some good football players. I think we only have one that plays and he is a freshman. LA is relatively young too with some good talent coming up, but aint that something though, you get to winning and everybody jumps on board. Anyways, good to hear from you Termite.

I dunno how many football boys from SC would help out, but there are definitly enough athletes that play both in Jr. High and then when they get to High School they dont play basketball. There are several reasons. I think its because they are maybe better at football and basketball is harder to improve, be good and get significant playing time so they just choose not to play. Also because basketball is not as glorified as football either but thats alot of places around here. I think there are more than likely some other reasons to. But good luck to the Owls tonight /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest Termite

I dunno how many football boys from SC would help out, but there are definitly enough athletes that play both in Jr. High and then when they get to High School they dont play basketball. There are several reasons. I think its because they are maybe better at football and basketball is harder to improve, be good and get significant playing time so they just choose not to play. Also because basketball is not as glorified as football either but thats alot of places around here. I think there are more than likely some other reasons to. But good luck to the Owls tonight /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Z,knowing some of the kids as you do,don't you think there are a few....Davenport,Wilmore, and maybe a few others that could help out this year??? Anyway, your right football is Z King around here and Trousdale Co.. I don't know that it is because they are better at football. I think it has to do with the demands on their time. Every sport is year round anymore. If a kid plays FB he gets behind in BB making it harder to improve and lessens playing time on the court.By the time they catch up, the seasons 1/2 to 2/3 over. They work hard in summer camp, have to miss Aug,Sept,Oct.and when they get back to the court the work they put in during the summer means very little, or so it seems to them because the players they beat out for PT in the summer, play all winter. It becomes a lot of work with little reward especially if they are upperclassman.

There are 4 players that play both that are Soph.. 1 that plays both that is a Sr, 0 Jr.. There are a number of Fr. that play both....but I would bet the numbers are down when they get to be Soph and Jrs.

Your right Bdaddy.......let SC win a few and the Bandwagon will need some helper springs or air shocks.

Anyway....good luck to all tonight...............

Good job tonight Big Blue!! I haven't saw the stats yet but looked like Dunn had his usual night. I had heard TJ had a double-double with 17 points and 10 boards. From top to bottom, I thought it was a good effort from all the players. Keep it up boys! Also nice to see the coach with a jacket and tie on the last couple of games!