Harpeth Hall Coach Fired

Guest cole703

panfan, I am somewhat familiar with what went on....however, it would be inappropriate for me to use Chip's words on this site. There are two sides to every story; I tend to believe Chip's side, and I think he has more of a supporting cast "witness-wise" to support his side. As for HH, I don't necessarily want to bash a school with which I have little knowledge and no association. However, I have heard a lot of negatives about HH over the past few years (versus hearing great things years ago), and the school's role and reaction in this whole situation adds another black mark to the school.

Chip is a good guy - he and his family have had much success in the business world, and Chip took HH hoops to a new and greater level. When you're at or near the top, you're a lightning rod for criticism and attacks. It happened here, sadly.

Good luck, Chippa.

And jersey, you were expressing yourself the wrong way.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RollRed,

YOu are probably right. Maybe I shouldn't bash HH so bad. But here is the deal: An accusation from a female equals guilt nowadays. It ticks me off. Administrative types just take the easy way out and fire instead of standing up for their own teachers and coaches. To me, that is cowardly. I know some folks pretty close to HH, and to be honest, it is obvious to everyone that the Coach did nothing anywhere close to deserving getting fired. He was fired for two reasons = political correctness and the easy way out. If I were male, I'd stay the heck away from being employed by HH!!!

You said it well, panfan.

Doris, the two sides are (1) the media's side, which didn't elaborate on the backgrounds and story lines of the principals involved (which would have shed light on some issues and made the picture clearer), and (2) the side with all details on the table to paint a clearer picture.

Hang on a sec, rollred.

Which medium are you talking about? From what I saw, there were two stories written in dailies about this situation. Neither took anyone's "side." Both wrote very similar stories that highlighted the facts surrounding the situation, and each story used PREPARED quotes from Chip. Now, knowing that Chip didn't want to draw any more attention to this matter, I totally agree with him not wanting to expound on it more. From my understanding, there is more to the story, but what can be gained by dragging out rumors and allegations for all the public to read? I shuddered when I saw this thread move back to the top of the board because all it's doing is providing a forum for more rumors and speculation - which is fine and dandy when discussing who's the best offensive lineman in the state, but is totally inappropriate when discussing a matter with a high level of sensitivity.