Harpeth Hall Coach Fired

Guest cole703

Guest cole703

I just received a telephone call from someone that said the Harpeth Hall head basketball coach had been terminated for some type of misconduct. The person said that the team had boarded a bus to leave for team basketball camp in South Carolina when the Head of School ask the coach to get off the bus and terminated his employment on the spot. Did this really happen? What is truth and what is fiction?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jersey4

Does anyone else not find this terribly disturbing that this coach is practically getting away with this. Besides losing this job, he is not going to have a thing on his resume about losing a job for inappropriate contact with players, which means he can go out and find another job and who's to say he wont do the same thing. I am wondering why there is not more opposition to this issue out there. Every parent should be apalled by this man's behavior and refuse to let him get away with it. Am I expressing myself the wrong way?

[Edited by jersey4 on 7/1/02 5:03P]

Guest cole703

What has the man done? Yes, we can all read between the lines but there appears to be nothing that can be proven. Is the school doing anything or are any students pressing the issue with the police? It sounds as if everyone wants to let this issue blow away? Who will be Harpeth Halls new coach?

Obviously what he did wasn't that bad. No one is sure what he did. I'm sure that we don't have all the details. For all we know the guy mayhave sent the emails as a joke- and a parent took them the wrong way. We just don't know. Also, there wasn't any mention of inappriate contact between himself and his athletes, so its really not that bad. All of his players, to me (Someone who saw this team MULTIPLE times during the year), it seemed as if his players had a great deal of respect for him. Lets not automatically assume he's a bad guy and he's getting off scott-free. Lets just wait until more details surface before we jump the gun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oletimes44

I, being a huge fan of the HH basketball program think that there was a huge mistake made in firing Chip Fridrich. The situation was handled so poorly. He is an incredible coach and the girls are suffering from this loss. From what I hear, none of the players wanted him to go so it really is a tragedy about Harpeth Hall's decision in letting him go. I just hope the girls can battle back without their backbone. They are such a great group of players. Some of them are going to play at the next level, but I think this season is really going to drain them without him. I wish the best of luck to them and if any of them read this know that prayers are being spoken for them and for Chip Fridrich.

jersey4,

how do you figure the guy is getting away with it??? He got fired. You have no idea what he even did, and you're saying he should get a worse punishement. All that happened was a kid sent him an e-mail that was suggestive. He decided not to turn in the kid and just did nothing. then, it got blown up. The coach really did not do anything wrong. He just didn't do everything right.

The real problem here is that he got punished to much. What should have happened is that everyone at HH shouldn't have given in like cowards to Political Correctness. Private school administraitors are cowards to the PC of today's society.

Anyway, at any rate, no one should assume that the guy is a bad person b/c of this. No one knows the whole story except the school head, school AD, and the coach. Parents and players at the school probably know very little about what happened. In the end, I would say the Coach got to much of a punishement.

• 2 weeks later...

I was sort of waiting to see if anyone would add anything to this thread. So, I am going to add this post to put it back at the top. Mainly, I'd like for someone who can at least claim to know more of the story than I do to claim that the HH coach did not get a way to ruff and cowardly punishment from the HH admin people.