Casey Prather drops 50

livestrong18

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Side's Casey Prather did drop 50 point for the Indians to beat Fayette-Ware in overtime. Fayette-Ware is not push over either. They are always athletic. They have two players playing the NCAA right now. Desmond Yates at MTSU, who scored 31 the other night, and Frank Holmes at UAB. He is a great prospect that college coaches are already looking at and he is just a sophomore.

Case Prather will more thatn likely be the best player from rural west tn since Tony delk.Will be better than Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Reginald Delk, and Richard Delk ( all top 75 players going into there Senior years. Mark it down, Prather will be a consensus top 50 player by his senior year.I have seen him play, an unbelievable athelet. Possible All American. Follow his progress on the AAU circuit this summer, you will be amazed at what the scouts have to say about him.

Case Prather will more thatn likely be the best player from rural west tn since Tony delk.Will be better than Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Reginald Delk, and Richard Delk ( all top 75 players going into there Senior years. Mark it down, Prather will be a consensus top 50 player by his senior year.I have seen him play, an unbelievable athelet. Possible All American. Follow his progress on the AAU circuit this summer, you will be amazed at what the scouts have to say about him.

He also had 15rebs, 6stls and 4 blcks. Kid has really evolved from just an athlete to a true SG/WF. I think you are correct with his potential and he realizes what he needs to do to get better. He understood his flaws following the summer circuit but is a relentless worker and really has listened and been receptive to coaching. It is certainly paying dividends for him and he will only get better. He is getting a lot of HM looks. When I spoke with him last night and was talking about the game, the first thing he said was "Coach, we won a tough game". I had to prompt him for stats and when I said wow, he said, "hey, dont forget about the rebounds and steals". Great kid, pleasure to be around.

well hold on, better than the delk twins and willie and wayne. We are not goin to that extreme cause the talent they played is totally different than what those guys had to play, he is up there but i dont know your talin about some pretty amazing talent therecorrection they played different talent than what casey is playing now sorry my error

well hold on, better than the delk twins and willie and wayne. We are not goin to that extreme cause the talent they played is totally different than what those guys had to play, he is up there but i dont know your talin about some pretty amazing talent therecorrection they played different talent than what casey is playing now sorry my error

[/

I respect your opinion. Bare with me here and if you still diagree I can certainly understand your point of view. I watched Chism, Kemp, and the Delk twins all 4 years of High School. I personally think Rginald is the best of this bunch ( I estimate I have seen all 4 anywhere form 25 to 30 times through out there high school careers) Reginald was by far the most dominate of all. Reginald was primarily a three point shooter at Miss St. and got lost in the shuffle with the two freshman guards at Miss St last year and still averaged right at 10 points a game in two years of college. Trust me, Reginald can do much much more on any team that just hang around the wing and shoot jump shots, He can dribble dribble drive, attack the basket, and jump out of the gym. I look for big thing from him next year at Louisville he will pay big dividends for coach Pitino. Richard is the least talented of the four and will make solid contributios at Troy next season. Troy is about the type of school where he belongs. Kemp is very very good but may not be good enough to get big minutes on a number one college team as evedinced by his loss of minutes. Coach Cal is gunning for a national championship and the best way to get there is to cut Kemps minutes because D. Rose is simply at another level. Just about everybody on the Memphis team is a top 100 player. He may need a change of sceneary to excell. Chism is a big body and can do many things for UT but sometimes he plays soft for whatever reason. All have been solid contributers in college and Chism and Rginald have a chance to make money playing basketball, but not will ever be allstars in the pros. Now on to Prather. This kid is electric and you are right about the High School competetion Prather is facing as opposed to the other 4. But Prather has played just as tough cometetion on the AAU circuit, that's where the big boys make there name and get noticed. Prathere can play with any kid in the country and will do so this summer. I encourage you to follow his progress sthis summer o the AAU circuit. Prather is 15 or 16 years old and already has North Carolina and Duke inquiring about him, although it's way to early to say if they will actually offer. If his grades can stand up (which I have no idea what kind of student he is) he could very well go to a school like Duke or North Carolina. Ole Miss has offered allready but will in all likelyhood have no chance of getting him because a talent like prather will probably end up at a top 10 program. Follow Unapproved Website, Hoopscoops,con, and Scout.com over the summer and see what the scouts are saying about him. This kid is still learning and wil continue to get better and better. I personallt hope he end up at Memphis. I know for some folks it's sacrelegious to say anyone is better than the Delks, Chism, and Kemp (and I am not talking about you). Some fans are so rabid when it comes to there schools that there objectivity is clouded (not all are like this though). I work with several people from Bolivar and most think Kemp is the best thing since sliced bread and think he should be starting over D.Rose, that is laughable on it's face. I think Prather is a freak athelet and a darn good baller and will end up in the NBA when it's all said and done. I would love to hear more of your thoughts because I love to discuss High School basketball with knowledgeable people. But really is is my opinion and I could be totally wrong. Lets keep this post going. Thanks for all the post. Kemp and Chism are with two coaches that will get the best out of them and there role players on very good teams. I think Prather will be a star in college and be the best since Tony Delk.

Sorry for the spelling and grammer errors. I forgot to mention, Prather is a far superior athlete to the other four. That's where the seperation comes into play. He is a better athlete as a sophmore ( and has the height to boot) than any of the other four were as seniors (with maybe Reginald as the exception). Onlt the truly great atheletes ( 90% of them) end up at what I like to call the High High Majors unless your a really good athelet and have a specialty like defense or three point shooting. You have your High Majors and then you have your High High Majors. I think Casey Prather fits into the latter category.

i do agree with most, one thing tho, i played for northside my first two year which was the delks last two years. Richard was the more fundamental one but reginald was the give me the ball and ill score type. From what i saw in high school(not sayin now) richard edged him on talent but never showed it cause he was more a team player than Reginald not sain reginald wasnt its just Richard was more. i mean sometimes you saw what Richard could do but most of the time it was Reginald. But my pick out of the four is Wayne, he has came a long way and i mean a long way. but dont give up on willie cause he is trying to prove himself right now and you know you only get better when you know you have to perform(it can make you or break you) but casey is a freak i agreebut iv seen the talent the delks played and willie and wayne. I mean i even think some of the people they played are in the NBA(oden, and the guy who went to UNC who went to Brentwood Acadamy). He may go to a big college but i dont consider him right there with those guys not better

i do agree with most, one thing tho, i played for northside my first two year which was the delks last two years. Richard was the more fundamental one but reginald was the give me the ball and ill score type. From what i saw in high school(not sayin now) richard edged him on talent but never showed it cause he was more a team player than Reginald not sain reginald wasnt its just Richard was more. i mean sometimes you saw what Richard could do but most of the time it was Reginald. But my pick out of the four is Wayne, he has came a long way and i mean a long way. but dont give up on willie cause he is trying to prove himself right now and you know you only get better when you know you have to perform(it can make you or break you) but casey is a freak i agreebut iv seen the talent the delks played and willie and wayne. I mean i even think some of the people they played are in the NBA(oden, and the guy who went to UNC who went to Brentwood Acadamy). He may go to a big college but i dont consider him right there with those guys not better

Good point. I just diifer a little ( i think Reginald had that killer instinct and could score on anybody although you are right about Richard being a more fundemental player) . Whatever happened to Dell Coleman. I think he was the glue that kept those NS teams togethere. I will never forget watching Reginald burn Mempis Farley in the substate. One of the best games I have ever seen.