HOW ARE THE GIRLS DOING?

THEANIMAL

HOW ARE THE GIRLS TOURNAMENT GOING? HOW MANY GIRLS TEAMS ARE COMPETING.

THE ANIMAL

There were 3 teams, round-robin style.

South-Doyle killed....NONE of thier girls lost a match all day, most ended very quickly, but they only had 6 girls so they lost on points.

Soddy was first, and Science Hill second- but it was just a numbers thing.

There were 3 teams, round-robin style.

South-Doyle killed....NONE of thier girls lost a match all day, most ended very quickly, but they only had 6 girls so they lost on points.

Soddy was first, and Science Hill second- but it was just a numbers thing.

Spoken like a true region 2 ignoramus determined to keep everybody in the rest of the state thinking that Upper East Tennessee wrestling is a gaggle of stupid hillbillies.

And it was a numbers thing-according to the results, looks like only three girls were actually from South Doyle, one of whom was a boy's varsity starter with over 20 matches this year alone. But the way she acts she must be pretty good even against guys. Guess we'll see her at boy's state-we will, right? Surely she's in the top four-they get four qualifiers, unlike everybody else in the state. But that's an entirely different fraud.

I guess Soddy and Science Hill should apologize for trying to fill all their weight classes with girls who only wrestle against girls.

Henry and Price need to get on here and say something before people read this thread and get the wrong idea about what's really going on.

Sigh...

You know, it really bothers me that something in its initial stages is already getting pulled into the mud by uninformed and disrespectful, dishonorable comments.

People who don't have anything positive to say about this thing or who don't have their facts straight about what really happened should resist the urge to post on this site.

I won't point out the discrepancies in the "South Doyle killed" post. Just go to the TSSAA site, look at the results, and decide for yourself.

I can't speak for the coaches at South-Doyle, but I know for Coach Henry, myself, and Coach Renner, this has been an incredibly positive experience. It is frustrating that people like the one who made the "South-Doyle killed" post, and then Trashcanman have to get on and make it some kind of redneck, ignorant mess. But Trashcanman is right about one thing. As long as people from our area continue to say and do things that make us look stupid, the perception around the state that we are backwards will continue.

I'm going to ponder these things for a while, put some space between this post and my displeasure, and probably start a post about my experience with my ladies. I'll tell you, it was great fun and something that is absolutely impossible to categorize in terms of wins and losses.

I will supply all the facts I know.

I will say this. We need to try to grow this, both for the sake of girls in Tennessee who want to compete fairly in this sport, and for the benefit of the sport itself.

Jeff Price

Science Hill

HOW ARE THE GIRLS TOURNAMENT GOING? HOW MANY GIRLS TEAMS ARE COMPETING.

THE ANIMAL

I was only able to watch a portion of the Science Hill/Soddy match. It was great to see girls competing against each other. I hope more schools will start trying to get girls into the sport and maybe next year there will be more than 3 teams competing.