FRANKLIN @ CENTENNIAL

CHS 2007

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just putting that out there as sort of a joke.

And I believe we actually have the District's highest scoring guard in Allante McLemore.

He should be as much as he shoots the ball. . . I would like to know what his shooting percentage is.

But, I was referring to the last matchup when turnovers killed you guys.

Any other thoughts??

He should be as much as he shoots the ball. . . I would like to know what his shooting percentage is.

But, I was referring to the last matchup when turnovers killed you guys.

Any other thoughts??

About 34%.

And yeah, turnovers killed us, that always seems to be our achilles heel.

My other thoughts? Both Kelly and McLemore will have to have big games in order for Centennial to win. We have dominated when we get those two going on the same night. Also, we will have to guard Kegarise alot closer. We have to watch for the high screen and be ready for the switch. He'll have a much harder time knocking down long threes with a hand in his face.

About 34%.

And yeah, turnovers killed us, that always seems to be our achilles heel.

My other thoughts? Both Kelly and McLemore will have to have big games in order for Centennial to win. We have dominated when we get those two going on the same night. Also, we will have to guard Kegarise alot closer. We have to watch for the high screen and be ready for the switch. He'll have a much harder time knocking down long threes with a hand in his face.

This just in......Kevin is not our only three point shooter.

Franklin wins 44-37.

This could be looked at two ways,

1. Franklin could have easily blown out CHS

2. Centennial easily could have won.

At first, it looked like the high-energy, high-coring matchup we all thought it would be. Centennial took the lead after one, but Franklin answered with an 11-4 second quarter that proved to be the difference. Michael Young caught fire, going 4-5 from deep in the first half. He was 4-6 total. The second half, both teams played sloppy and lost alot of opportunities to put points on the board. Centennial pulled within 5 twice, but Franklin answered back and ended up clinching the game at the line.

Two things stand out in my mind that cost us the game. One was lack of secondary scoring. Allante was ice-cold tonight, only getting 2 points. Stroop stepped up early, but disappeared late. The other was strong inside D from Franklin. As the outside game went cold, we had no choice but to....again....try to force plays inside to Drew. He was double/triple teamed most of the night, and all Starnes had to do was knock the pass away.

Like I said, both teams missed alot of opportunites to put points on the board. The game could have easily gone either way, but the bottom line is Franklin won. The streak is now 53 entering districts. CHS will have to wait til the Finals to get another crack at it.

What game were you at? CHS was never within 6 points the entire second half. Defensively we put the clamps on Allante (who is the top scoring guard in the District) and Kelly scored the majority of his points off second chance rebounds. Michael Young was awesome, and defensively he held Allante to 2 points.

everybody keeps doubting us and we just keep winning. Great effort Rebels!!!!!!

McLemore is the district's highest scoring guard and 4th highest scorer behing Kelly Morris and Teichmann

AND WHERE WAS HE TONIGHT??!!!!!! I guess the Rebels' defense was too much for McLemore and the rest of the CHS guards.

AND WHY DID CHS PLAY THE SAME 5 GUYS ALMOST THE ENTIRE GAME WHEN IT WASN'T WORKING FOR THEM?? (Help me out with this one CHS 2007.)

WAY TO GO REBELS!!!

The problem for Centennial has and always will be inconsistent guard play. They struggle mightily against pressure....Drew Kelly is gonna give you 24pts and 14rebs every night but frankly, he should get more points if he got the ball in the right spot at the right time.

Franklin's guard play is much better as a whole....Centennial may win, but it will take a great floor game by their guards in terms of decision making and protecting the ball

Pretty much this summed it up. Poor floor game by the guards...bad post feeds, always a second late...didnt do well with the pressure.....Young did a nice job on McClemore...Centennial also doesnt have any shooters, which allows for double teams on the post and over help.

Ugly game overall....neither team looked great but Franklin did what it had to do to win and no one for Centennial stepped up to help Kelly.

What game were you at? CHS was never within 6 points the entire second half. Defensively we put the clamps on Allante (who is the top scoring guard in the District) and Kelly scored the majority of his points off second chance rebounds. Michael Young was awesome, and defensively he held Allante to 2 points. everybody keeps doubting us and we just keep winning. Great effort Rebels!!!!!!

Fine, we brought in within 6 points twice.

AND WHERE WAS HE TONIGHT??!!!!!! I guess the Rebels' defense was too much for McLemore and the rest of the CHS guards.AND WHY DID CHS PLAY THE SAME 5 GUYS ALMOST THE ENTIRE GAME WHEN IT WASN'T WORKING FOR THEM?? (Help me out with this one CHS 2007.) WAY TO GO REBELS!!!

I don't know. I wasn't in charge of substitutions.