SUPER TUESDAY!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,speller...One time in the last three years isn't too bad...I picked UC to win the State ALL year,even after the losses to Humboldt in 06 and they did...I picked Weddle to win Mr. Basketball ALL year in 06 and he did....I picked MJ Brown to win Mr Basketball last year,even after everyone and their momma said that the kid from Temple would win it...I missed the state championship pick,but I haven't been wrong about the Tornadoes this year....

Nobody NEEDS to lose...That's crazy talk...

Lake County WILL NOT beat Union City in Union City....

how does it feel to be new england win all these games and lose the big 1 lol!!! its a wrap i heard from a good source mj is mr basketball for 1A hey tom brady was mvp just not the super bowl mvp lol!! the source is a voter from memphis who voted for mj and has never seen mj or union city, but he said everybody is talking about him so he must be good. once again its about hype not whos better, maybe the coaches should be voting not saying mj would not still get it, but at least the coaches would no what they are talking about. they coach aganist these guys

how does it feel to be new england win all these games and lose the big 1 lol!!! its a wrap i heard from a good source mj is mr basketball for 1A hey tom brady was mvp just not the super bowl mvp lol!!

When (if) UC loses and when (if) Buckner hoists the MVP trophy of the State Tourney this post will mean something....if it doesn't happen...lets just say I hope you like crow cuz you have plenty to go around. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Don't forget about that team in 72' called the Miami Dolphins. UC might be like them and live in their own neighborhood this year.

GC.....MJ Brown just solidified his Mr Basketball Award....The kid is special....He put the team on his back in the 4th quarter with 13 points....

UC was down in this game 52-43 and went on an 11-0 run fueled by Brown's threes and their fullcourt press off their made shots...

For people who say MJ can't or doesn't carry UC at times just plain don't know what they are talking about...

Now,to be down only 9 points in the 4th quarter as bad as the Tornadoes were shooting is somewhat of a miracle...Bigster will say LC should have done this and should have done that but in reality LC could have been way ahead in the 4th quarter but they weren't shooting the ball well either....This has got to be getting old for the Falcons...They have played their tails off against Union City ever since UC went to Tiptonville in 06 and blew them out 70-47 but UC seems to always find a way to pull it out....The difference again tonite was the fact UC has the seven seniors for one but also they have been through this exact situation a couple of times this year....It should also be noted that Tony Wilkins,another senior,was not at the game...He is sick with the flu

Big crowd tonite...Games like these are what makes high school basketball so fun....Hats off to Lake County..They played hard....

The game with JCM is up in the air...There will be a decision made on that game in the morning....

I want to take this opportunity to say prayers are going up from Union City for all the people that were affected by the awful storms that rolled through Tennessee on Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning...I hope all the CoachT family made it out with no injuries,loss of life or loss of property....

I'll tell you this,there will be no more excitement anywhere in the state than the District 14A and Region 7A tournaments..The state tourney is just the icing on the cake...The hard work comes in the next two weeks....

how does it feel to be new england win all these games and lose the big 1 lol!!! its a wrap i heard from a good source mj is mr basketball for 1A hey tom brady was mvp just not the super bowl mvp lol!! the source is a voter from memphis who voted for mj and has never seen mj or union city, but he said everybody is talking about him so he must be good. once again its about hype not whos better, maybe the coaches should be voting not saying mj would not still get it, but at least the coaches would no what they are talking about. they coach aganist these guys

Legend...None of that even matters...New England didn't lose that game because they came into the game undefeated...They lost because they couldn't block the Giants' front four....

There is NOBODY in the state in 1A that deserves the award more than MJ....Buckner will have his time but it will have to wait till next year...

GC.....MJ Brown just solidified his Mr Basketball Award....The kid is special....He put the team on his back in the 4th quarter with 13 points....

UC was down in this game 52-43 and went on an 11-0 run fueled by Brown's threes and their fullcourt press off their made shots...

For people who say MJ can't or doesn't carry UC at times just plain don't know what they are talking about...

Now,to be down only 9 points in the 4th quarter as bad as the Tornadoes were shooting is somewhat of a miracle...Bigster will say LC should have done this and should have done that but in reality LC could have been way ahead in the 4th quarter but they weren't shooting the ball well either....This has got to be getting old for the Falcons...They have played their tails off against Union City ever since UC went to Tiptonville in 06 and blew them out 70-47 but UC seems to always find a way to pull it out....The difference again tonite was the fact UC has the seven seniors for one but also they have been through this exact situation a couple of times this year....It should also be noted that Tony Wilkins,another senior,was not at the game...He is sick with the flu

Big crowd tonite...Games like these are what makes high school basketball so fun....Hats off to Lake County..They played hard....

The game with JCM is up in the air...There will be a decision made on that game in the morning....

I want to take this opportunity to say prayers are going up from Union City for all the people that were affected by the awful storms that rolled through Tennessee on Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning...I hope all the CoachT family made it out with no injuries,loss of life or loss of property....

I'll tell you this,there will be no more excitement anywhere in the state than the District 14A and Region 7A tournaments..The state tourney is just the icing on the cake...The hard work comes in the next two weeks....

i want to 2nd you own those prayers for those families the storm hit my area in memphis pretty bad. go back and look at the part i added to my last post

Just tell me this Purple, was that the real UC tonight. Was the game close because of the terrible officiating or the unforced turnovers by UC or because UC was just cold tonight from three point land or could it possibly have been that they played a pretty good team tonight. I have an opinion but I want to hear what you have to say first. I anxiously await your recry...oops reply. Freudian slip there.

Just tell me this Purple, was that the real UC tonight. Was the game close because of the terrible officiating or the unforced turnovers by UC or because UC was just cold tonight from three point land or could it possibly have been that they played a pretty good team tonight. I have an opinion but I want to hear what you have to say first. I anxiously await your recry...oops reply. Freudian slip there.

Union City has not played their best games against Lake County...For about 5 minutes tonite LC saw UC's best and UC went from 52-43 down to 60-54 up...17-2,you tell me...But that puts you in sort of a Catch-22 doesn't it??..Admit that UC is a pretty good team(which as everyone knows is true,just like everyone knows LC is a pretty good team)or not explain why LC lost....

I stepped in your trap for you...So do what you will...

I've never said Lake County wasn't good...They are a top five team in 1A...They are 0-4 against the top two teams in the state though....

If you were there tonite and have seen Union City play on nights other than the LC games when they have been pretty good then you should know...

I will say this...In the two games UC played LC the Tornadoes have not shot the ball well..Now does that mean LC has somehow "figured" UC out??..But what about those threes that UC shot and missed that were uncontested??..There is alot more that goes into this discussion than what you want to hear..To simply say LC is a pretty good team and not say what happened in the game is a little unfair don't you think??..Do you think Lake County didn't win because of the options you gave me???....I have admitted before tonite that LC is a good team...Saying it again is a little redundant....

I'll answer this as well.

I watched both games and numerous other UC games. BOTH games with LC were the worst games that I have personally seen UC play. Just being truthful.

Now though, I really have to hand it to LC for an excellent game plan as there is no doubt that they should have won it the way that UC was playing.

When was the last time that Union City had more turnovers than there opponents?? That was the case tonight. You can only say good defense for some of them, but when UC is on fast breaks and throws the ball away time and time again, loses a wide open rebound, etc. etc. it just appears that the kids are not into the game mentally. It took a fourth quarter charge from MJ to get them fired up. He probably should do this more often I believe untill someone shuts him down.

Some of it might be to LC's gameplan of slowing the ball down. Everytime this happens it seems UC gets out of sync.

They should have gotten beat plain and simple. For some reason the first 3 quarters UC just were waiting for someone to step up and do something. The 4th someone did when MJ took over.

All in all though, Lake County played an awesome game that was well thought out and prepared. Kudos to them. Truthfully though, man for man, UC just is too talented overall.