DII individuals

STILLstatebound

Now that the brackets are out................................

103- Watson(Baylor) over Maurizi (Ryan)

112- Baucke(CBHS) over Hooker(McC)

119- Doster(Baylor) over Kendall Ray ( McC)

125- Whittaker(Baylor) over Francis(MBA)

130- Evan Barry (St. And) over Hayes(Baylor)

135- Duncan(McC) over Austell(Ryan)

140-Marchetti (Ryan) over Hayes(Baylor)

145- Cash(BA) over DeLoache ( Ens.)

152-Harmon (CBHS) over Popp (Baylor)

160-Waddey (MBA) over Idlette (Baylor) after not wrestling until duals Waddey stuns the field

171- Goodrum(Ryan) over Campbell (Webb)

189-Mix(Ryan) over Holliday ( CBHS)

215-Clanton(Ryan) over Tuani(BA)

285-Hermann(Ryan) over Baldwin (Ens.)

Purple Team prevents the THSFBAG from a double-dip and takes the traditional tournament title. Sorry Bcb, WV, Raider 76, Mt. Rasslin and all you other Red Misters but that is the way it looks through the purple-tinted sun glasses that are on sale at all the Mapcos over here across the mountains.

Not to be too critical here, but you didn't step out too far on that limb. Not until 160 did you pick anyone other than a 1 & 2 to be in the finals, and even than you really only have one major call in here. Come on now, you guys can do better than that. I mean, there are plenty of situations where other seeds come through and make it to the finals. So, if you are goinig to predict, take a chance. Calling the 1 vs 2, isn't much of a prediction. Shoot, that's already been done for you by the state rankings.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be too critical here, but you didn't step out too far on that limb. Not until 160 did you pick anyone other than a 1 & 2 to be in the finals, and even than you really only have one major call in here. Come on now, you guys can do better than that. I mean, there are plenty of situations where other seeds come through and make it to the finals. So, if you are goinig to predict, take a chance. Calling the 1 vs 2, isn't much of a prediction. Shoot, that's already been done for you by the state rankings.

I agree generally with your comments and tried to find some limbs to go out on. But the idea is to predict who you think will win, not who you wish would win or how many limbs you can go out on. You lose money in Vegas doing that. That's the trouble with D-II. The number of schools is so limited in comparison to D-I, and most of the kids have already wrestled each other or have common opponents, that there really is not someone out there who nobody really knows much about other that can spring a surprise. Holliday at 189 might be considered one at No. 2 at 189. looking at the brackets, my predictions----not my wishes or dreams ----see the seeds as being pretty accurate. But I'll be your huckleberry, take another look and come back with some WAGS on a limb.

there are the TERRIFIC THREE at 112 but i believe there is one stud being left out. Zeno Dupree of Brentwood Academy. no one has heard much of him but he is tough and never stops fighting. did anyone else see his match against manley of Baylor?? Zeno had manley on his heels for the first period of the match.Zeno is in great shape so if hooker or bauke isnt in good shape...WATCH OUT!

there are the TERRIFIC THREE at 112 but i believe there is one stud being left out. Zeno Dupree of Brentwood Academy. no one has heard much of him but he is tough and never stops fighting. did anyone else see his match against manley of Baylor?? Zeno had manley on his heels for the first period of the match.Zeno is in great shape so if hooker or bauke isnt in good shape...WATCH OUT!

Well it is quickly becoming obvious that you are an overzealous BA fan. Zeno is a good kid who has been wrestling for a good while now (seen him a lot since MS) however his results against the Big 3 at that weight class seem to speak for themselves. vs Baucke - pinned twice, vs Hooker - pinned twice, vs Manley tech falled 18-2. I would say that he would be a little out of his league against those three (not that youcan't pull an upset off any given day) but he can definitely go with most anyone else in that weight class.

Oh and it is a little hard to say Zeno is the one being left out of the conversation when he also has a lose to Anthony Simpson.

Well it is quickly becoming obvious that you are an overzealous BA fan. Zeno is a good kid who has been wrestling for a good while now (seen him a lot since MS) however his results against the Big 3 at that weight class seem to speak for themselves. vs Baucke - pinned twice, vs Hooker - pinned twice, vs Manley tech falled 18-2. I would say that he would be a little out of his league against those three (not that youcan't pull an upset off any given day) but he can definitely go with most anyone else in that weight class.

Oh and it is a little hard to say Zeno is the one being left out of the conversation when he also has a lose to Anthony Simpson.

well i am quite a fan of their program they have going over there but i am speaking of all honesty. Zeno can beat anthony simipson he was just playin with him in that match. i realize that he has gotten blistered by the terrific three but he is a hard worker and i guarantee you that he will be a brand new wrestler at state.

Now that the brackets are out................................

103- Watson(Baylor) over Maurizi (Ryan)

112- Baucke(CBHS) over Hooker(McC)

119- Doster(Baylor) over Kendall Ray ( McC)

125- Whittaker(Baylor) over Francis(MBA)

130- Evan Barry (St. And) over Hayes(Baylor)

135- Duncan(McC) over Austell(Ryan)

140-Marchetti (Ryan) over Hayes(Baylor)

145- Cash(BA) over DeLoache ( Ens.)

152-Harmon (CBHS) over Popp (Baylor)

160-Waddey (MBA) over Idlette (Baylor) after not wrestling until duals Waddey stuns the field

171- Goodrum(Ryan) over Campbell (Webb)

189-Mix(Ryan) over Holliday ( CBHS)

215-Clanton(Ryan) over Tuani(BA)

285-Hermann(Ryan) over Baldwin (Ens.)

Purple Team prevents the THSFBAG from a double-dip and takes the traditional tournament title. Sorry Bcb, WV, Raider 76, Mt. Rasslin and all you other Red Misters but that is the way it looks through the purple-tinted sun glasses that are on sale at all the Mapcos over here across the mountains.

Buck it was nice to meet you last week after reading you for several seasons. I agree that FR has a very good chance, but I think baylors very young team will come through to win a close one. I predict 12 Baylor boys will be in the top 3 and no one lower than 4th.

Buck it was nice to meet you last week after reading you for several seasons. I agree that FR has a very good chance, but I think baylors very young team will come through to win a close one. I predict 12 Baylor boys will be in the top 3 and no one lower than 4th.

Are you counting on the HWT. in the top three? Did you see the state duals?

Are you counting on the HWT. in the top three? Did you see the state duals?

rasslinlite-----I saw the state duals. I also saw the same Baylor kid wrestle well at the Greeneville Invitational. He was never going to beat Zach, but my guess is that the atmosphere had a lot to do with how he looked at state duals. Loud, vocal Ryan crowd almost on top of the mat already whipped into a fenzy by what they viewed as the infamous " Baylor stalling technique" in the three preceding matches, Baylor's 215 had just been pinned much to the crowd's delight for Ryan's third straight win, if Ryan pins at 285 they grab the lead, and the Purple People Eater is waiting for you out on the mat. Remember these are 16-17year old kids. That might intimidate me into not even going out on the mat ( FYI---that can happen, just ask some of the old guys who remember 245 pound heavyweight wrestlers declining to go out on the mat to wrestle 340 pound Ronald Hale back when the top weight class had no weight limit). State will in Chattanooga, a more neutral, even friendly environment,so the kid should wrestle better. I've seen Ryan, MBA, Ensworth, BA and at state duals, CBHS and St. Benedicts' 285 wrestle this season. Hermann, Carrethers, and Severson are the three best, IMO Anyone of the Baylor kid I saw wrestle at Greeneville, Ensworth, CBHS or MBA could grab the 4th spot.

Raider-----nice meeting you and the other Red Misters as well. Putting a face on the posts was fun. It is possible that TBSFBAG could put all 14 kids in the top 4. If that happens then a few Baylor surprises in the championship matches could swing the title to Baylor. I obviously don't think it will happen, but based on what I saw at state duals, Popp could win 152, Idellette 160 and Hayes has a "chance" to pull off the big upset at 140. If a couple of those happen, and Baylor places everyone the top four, then the team trophy is going to stay in Chattanooga.

Saturday afternoon's matches will be important and have a lot to do with who wins the traditional title.

Are you joking?

No.

From today's Chattanoogan.com:

Baylor Leads D-II Field With Four Top Seeds For State Mat Tourney

by B.B. Branton

posted February 12, 2008

Baylor has four No. 1 seeds and is the pre-tournament favorite to win a TSSAA Division II record fifth straight championship at the state traditional wrestling tournament this weekend (Friday and Saturday) at McKenzie Arena on the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga campus.

................................................................................

Looks like even a McCallie graduate like B.B. Branton is drinking the red kool-aid they are serving down there in Chattanooga. I guess Ward Gossett of the Times will be following with the crown.

The view is a little different than that over on this side of the world. Back in December, Jeff Lockridge of the Tennessean wrote:

Irish's depth, experience may bring state title

By JEFF LOCKRIDGE ??? Staff Writer ??? December 1, 2007

The Irish, ranked No. 1 in the state among all classes in the season's first Tennessee coaches' poll, will put a senior-laden team on the mats with plenty of state tournament experience.

................................................................................

The last time Father Ryan was this deep was during its streak of Division II state duals titles from 1998-2000, when it was also ranked No. 1.

"What makes this team good is we have 14 wrestlers that are good. We won't put anyone

out there who's not going to have a chance to compete," he ( Pat Simpson) said.

"They might not be state champions, but they might be top four. In Division II, the team with the most top fours usually wins that tournament."

Baylor may have proved to be the stronger dual team but the view here through my purple-tinted glasses is that Ryan has the edge when it comes to a traditional tournament team.

Baylor may have proved to be the stronger dual team but the view here through my purple-tinted glasses is that Ryan has the edge when it comes to a traditional tournament team.

I agree with you Uncle Buck, The Irish of Father Ryan will probably win this one. Had I known that the son of my childhood friend Susie (Burchart) Wesley, who is one of the sweetest women I know, was on this team, then my backing would have gone to the Irish.

Forget that Watson, Manley, Doster, Mr Whitacker, Hayes, Hayes, Popp, Idellete, and Shuford will be in the finals and the rest of the stinkin team in the medal count. Father Ryan will win this tournament.

Step 1: Bend Uncle Bunk over your knee.

Step 2: Spank his big butt

Step3: Take his money

Step 4: See Step 1

not so smart guy, but loyal and hopeful as He@@ 0........ bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> 4

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I agree with you Uncle Buck, The Irish of Father Ryan will probably win this one. Had I known that the son of my childhood friend Susie (Burchart) Wesley, who is one of the sweetest women I know, was on this team, then my backing would have gone to the Irish.

Forget that Watson, Manley, Doster, Mr Whitacker, Hayes, Hayes, Popp, Idellete, and Shuford will be in the finals and the rest of the stinkin team in the medal count. Father Ryan will win this tournament.

Step 1: Bend Uncle Bunk over your knee.

Step 2: Spank his big butt

Step3: Take his money

Step 4: See Step 1

not so smart guy, but loyal and hopeful as He@@ 0........ bcb iii 4

bcb iii

Its Susie Burkart ( no "ch" in there) , younger sister to Connie, Jimmy and Foster.

Don't be trying to lay any old Irish connections on your Uncle Buck, because You will lose that fight. I'll :

Step 1: Bend BCB over my knee.

Step 2: Spank his sorry bottom with Father Driscoll's paddle.

Step 3: Take his money.

Step 4: Go to Leonard's for a beer, burger and one of those hard boiled egg's he used to keep on the bar.

See, unlike you, Mr. BenedictCat Brown, no matter where I'm located I'm not going to be pulling for those guys in the red-stockings against the local Catholic school calling themselves Irish, even if they wear purple, their best wrestler has the decidedly non-Irish name of Marchetti, and even if the Red Mist is stocked with former EFT coaches. This weekend I'll be wearing a special pair of shades that turns purple into green.

Its mid-month and you've suddenly reappeared promoting TBSFBAG. You must have cashed that bi-monthly promoter's salary check you get for your work on this board. Wonder what your childhood friend Susie would have said had she seen you in the stands sitting in the middle of the Baylor crew at the D-II finals.

Good luck to the offspring at 125 this weekend. He'll be wearing a green singlet for the real Irish so I'll be pulling for him.

The soon to be 1-3 Smart Guy