Coffee County Girls Basketball?

ladynred

It is hard to determine if you don't respect a coach if you never play for him. There are players in the halls that I would like to see playing, but there is not a player that played for him before and quit that would be making a difference this season. Remember, the players and parents hated Missy Donaldson and she won a state championship here and compiled a 122-59 record in six seasons. Greg Tipps was 49-25 in two seasons with a second place finish in the district and they got rid of him to. What do you want?

Pedo, I do believe the Thompson girl would have helped this team, and I also believe the Moore girl could have contributed also. I'm not sure who else quit but I do know these girls were athletes. As for records, what is the current coach's record at CC? I'm sure you have that info. Also, has he been to the region yet at CC? Thanks for your help. P.S. Coach Donaldson's problems at CC had really nothing to do with X's and O's. I think she ran into the same problems at Smyrna after she left here. I think she would have been fine in a college program where the coach can pretty much dictate everything to the players and parents. As for Coach Tipps I wish he was still here, But wasn't his certification or somthing the problem more than parents? I never heard many parents complaining about him other than one or two senior parents wanting playing time. Every coach gets that. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedo, I do believe the Thompson girl would have helped this team, and I also believe the Moore girl could have contributed also. I'm not sure who else quit but I do know these girls were athletes. As for records, what is the current coach's record at CC? I'm sure you have that info. Also, has he been to the region yet at CC? Thanks for your help. P.S. Coach Donaldson's problems at CC had really nothing to do with X's and O's. I think she ran into the same problems at Smyrna after she left here. I think she would have been fine in a college program where the coach can pretty much dictate everything to the players and parents. As for Coach Tipps I wish he was still here, But wasn't his certification or somthing the problem more than parents? I never heard many parents complaining about him other than one or two senior parents wanting playing time. Every coach gets that. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ladynred, I for one had two daughters play for Coach Tipps. They both really liked him and played hard for him. I can also guarantee if he had still been here CC would have continued their Region appearances in 05. He also worked very hard in getting recognition for players such as all district and with calling college coaches and trying to help players with scholarships. That doesn't happen with current coach. I'm sure Pedo will disagree with what I am telling you here, but he also hasn't had a daughter play under this coach either. A spectator doesn't always know all that goes on in a program when they don't live it day in and day out like players and parents do. Personally, I don't care what CC does with their coaching situation, but it's a shame that a storied program be allowed to fall to such low expectations. Ladynred I hope you get your questions all answered, glad you are concerned, and best of luck to the current girls playing at CC!

Ladynred, I for one had two daughters play for Coach Tipps. They both really liked him and played hard for him. I can also guarantee if he had still been here CC would have continued their Region appearances in 05. He also worked very hard in getting recognition for players such as all district and with calling college coaches and trying to help players with scholarships. That doesn't happen with current coach. I'm sure Pedo will disagree with what I am telling you here, but he also hasn't had a daughter play under this coach either. A spectator doesn't always know all that goes on in a program when they don't live it day in and day out like players and parents do. Personally, I don't care what CC does with their coaching situation, but it's a shame that a storied program be allowed to fall to such low expectations. Ladynred I hope you get your questions all answered, glad you are concerned, and best of luck to the current girls playing at CC!

Thanks bear1 for your response. I think I know who your daughters are. They did play hard and I enjoyed watching them. Glad to know you liked Coach Tipps too. I agree only the girls and parents truly know what goes on and how much it takes to succeed in AAA basketball. I appreciate your help. Maybe things will get straightened out with our program and the gym will be full again like it used to be every Tuesday and Friday night! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

They have been to the region twice....hosted it in 2004 and lost a close game to Oakland. Traveled to Riverdale in 2006 and got blasted. And With all the respect in the world to Kayla Moore, no she would not have helped this team. You use the word "athlete" too loosely. Olivia Thompson could have helped from the outside, you are right. What was wrong with Tipps' certification? Scroggins is currently 65-77 at CHS.

65-77 hmmmm, i really dont think that is exceptable. if you compare to the previous coaches. Kids and the community deserve better. i dont see it getting any better. i really dont know if our community is ready for what it is going to take to get back to where we want to be. example: girls using their whole off season for basketball, not softball or soccer! Manchester has a Soccer coach that won ONE game last year, i know that there was a girl from westwood that was there best player and would Love to play both, and she was told if she played Basketball she would be waisting her time playing soccer. and from what i understand that the middle school had a player in the same situation. Could be the best two athletes in the freshman class and because of Coffee's system they are not allowing kids to play more than one sport!! Coffee is going to have to evaluate their programs and see if they are getting the best for their money. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT OUR KIDS DESERVE THE BEST AND I AM NOT SURE WE ARE GETTING THAT!!! ITS GOING TO TAKE THE COFFEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION TO GET INVOLVED BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS!!! I know that the board of education might not want to be involved, there probably is not one that even feels the effects of what is going on, but they are elected to make changes when its time.........

They have been to the region twice....hosted it in 2004 and lost a close game to Oakland. Traveled to Riverdale in 2006 and got blasted. And With all the respect in the world to Kayla Moore, no she would not have helped this team. You use the word "athlete" too loosely. Olivia Thompson could have helped from the outside, you are right. What was wrong with Tipps' certification? Scroggins is currently 65-77 at CHS.

Shame on you Pedo, who do you think you are getting on a public forum and critizing a kid. You are no expert to say whether a kid is or is not an athlete. What makes you think you have the background or qualifications to do that. You have nothing other than a few swings at a baseball in high school. I don't think any scouts where knocking down your door. Kayla is a good girl with feelings and how dare you get on this board and talk about her. If you want to make an editorial like this use your own newspaper for it, not a public forum. It bothers me to know that a non faculty coach would go on a public forum and critisize a student from the school. You should resign tomorrow! This is not the first time you have put down kids. You need to get a real job and grow up! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Shame on you Pedo, who do you think you are getting on a public forum and critizing a kid. You are no expert to say whether a kid is or is not an athlete. What makes you think you have the background or qualifications to do that. You have nothing other than a few swings at a baseball in high school. I don't think any scouts where knocking down your door. Kayla is a good girl with feelings and how dare you get on this board and talk about her. If you want to make an editorial like this use your own newspaper for it, not a public forum. It bothers me to know that a non faculty coach would go on a public forum and critisize a student from the school. You should resign tomorrow! This is not the first time you have put down kids. You need to get a real job and grow up! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

So now you are mad at Pedo and think he should resign. The great cricket has come to put the smack down on Pedo for being on a public forum and saying what he thinks. You should apply with coach t to monitor all topics and lay down the law to would be violators. He did not put the girl down just stated it as he sees it, so what and he is the one that needs to grow up.

So now you are mad at Pedo and think he should resign. The great cricket has come to put the smack down on Pedo for being on a public forum and saying what he thinks. You should apply with coach t to monitor all topics and lay down the law to would be violators. He did not put the girl down just stated it as he sees it, so what and he is the one that needs to grow up.

Interesting, seems pedo is the coach's agent or cheering section or both. ( not a slur just an observation) I'm not sure he really knows the in's and out's of basketball though. Success in coaching is ultimately determined by wins and losses. I for one don't think 65-77 is acceptable for the talent CC has had the past 5 years. As the GREAT SHOOTMORE stated when this post was started maybe it's NOT the kids or talent but the SYSTEM. Hmm? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Interesting, seems pedo is the coach's agent or cheering section or both. ( not a slur just an observation) I'm not sure he really knows the in's and out's of basketball though. Success in coaching is ultimately determined by wins and losses. I for one don't think 65-77 is acceptable for the talent CC has had the past 5 years. As the GREAT WINGMAN stated when this post was started maybe it's NOT the kids or talent but the SYSTEM. Hmm? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No cheering section just can't understand someone jumping on Pedo over his comments. Pedo is on here day in and day out in support for the sports programs.

Did you read the boys tread last year? If you think the girls have problems ask Pedo to put Taylor's record on display. The girls coach has won 65 games in 5 years I would say Taylor has not or is close in 10 or 11 years. He finally is resigning. I do agree CC has the talent that is in other sports and will not play for the current coach.

I am not mad at Pedo, but I do think he used poor judgement by posting a childs name on a message board. Let's not forget these are kids, not professional athletes, and if someone wants to be critical of a kid have enough decency to not use names. He is also part of the cc coaching staff and has an ethical obligation to not publicly discuss students. He needs to think about that. He did put the girl down and his comments served no purpose.

I am not mad at Pedo, but I do think he used poor judgement by posting a childs name on a message board. Let's not forget these are kids, not professional athletes, and if someone wants to be critical of a kid have enough decency to not use names. He is also part of the cc coaching staff and has an ethical obligation to not publicly discuss students. He needs to think about that. He did put the girl down and his comments served no purpose.

Thanks cricket for your response. I didn't know he was part of the coaching staff. That does answer a couple of my questions though about why he was so adamant it wasn't the coach's fault, but the girls talent level and work ethic not being what it should. Appreciate your insight. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thanks cricket for your response. I didn't know he was part of the coaching staff. That does answer a couple of my questions though about why he was so adamant it wasn't the coach's fault, but the girls talent level and work ethic not being what it should. Appreciate your insight. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Pedo is an assistant baseball coach.