Region 6 Individual Tournament

Bobcat

who, by the way, has a bye to hte semi's and will end up wrestling Rayborn. Im personally looking forward to that match. They are 1-1. Rayborn beat cox the last time they wrestled but i think Cox will pull out the win.

I watched both matches between these two and can say that without a doubt Rayborn has the edge in this match and here's why. Takedowns between the two are 5 - 2 Rayborn over Cox. Now that's not a huge difference, but neither of these wrestlers are going to pin the other. In the last match Rayborn rode Cox the whole two minutes of the third period, but manages to escape fairly quickly which makes the neutral battle all the more important. Besides that in their first meeting Rayborn gave Cox an escape and a reversal 3 near fall due to attempting a risky,ie dumb, move in a tied match. In the thrid peroid he fought back to lose 8-6. Pretty telling when 6pts Cox scored were unearned. Yes i know he got the reversal and backs, but the move should never have been attempted. In any event Rayborn controlled the last match pretty convincingly in my opinion. Should be fun to watch but my vote is firmly on the Rayborn since he's stronger from his feet.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who, by the way, has a bye to the semi's at the regional tourney and will end up wrestling Rayborn. I'm personally looking forward to that match. They are 1-1. Rayborn beat cox the last time they wrestled but i think Cox will pull out the win.

Is this true a bye to the semi's. I just looked at region x and they have 17 teams. Well 16 one team has 1 wrestler.

The problem with region 6 is when the made the realignments of regions they took many team out of our region and moved them to region 5. The problem is while the majority of the teams that dropped are good they are not great from top to bottom. So while our region is small it is still on of the toughest in the state. This is part of the reason why the number 2 team in the duels get to go without rewrestling. While I wish we would of had a better split up(not dropping many of the lower tier teams and adding the best teams from another region(Overton and FRA) this is what we have.

Well to add to my previous post at 171 Tate and Armstead should be switched. Tate has beaten him twice. the last time i admit in the last seconds, but a win he did. Best shot a state titles? Croy, Konz, Heacock, White or Davis. Just my honest opinion.

Mustin beat Armistead again in the finals.

Croy beat Wolfe again at 189 5-4.

Konz won.

White beat Davis by one 7-6 with an escape at the final horn.

Biggest surprise was Heacock getting pinned by Cannon (Overton) in the semifinals. Heacock almost did make the cut to state , winning a narrow 5-4 decision over Turpin (FRA) in the semis of the consolation brackets, with Heacock underneath Turpin but in control and Turpin on top trying to turn and get a reversal at the buzzer. Heacock bounced back in the consi finals to take third with a 16-0 tech fall win.

Seeding in the state tournament is done by two criteria which both must be meet.

1. Wrestler must be a returning state medalist

2. Wrestler must be a region champion this year

So, Croy will be seeded since, 1) he is a returning state medalist and 2) he won the region.

thanks

103 Overmyer(Brentwood) defeats Overton in finals

112 Thomas(Brentwood) defeats Hancock(Overton) in finals

119 Beazley(Independence) wins

125 Ford(Ravenwood) majors Twaddle(Independence)

130 Ortiz(Franklin) defeats Quintero(Independence)

135 Cox(Independenc) decisions Hoop(Brentwood)

140 Gabriel(Independence) beats Sohr(FRA)

145 Konz(Franklin) pins Rayborn(Overton)

152 White(Overton) decisions Davis(Franklin)

160 Dixon(Independence) decisions Cannon(Overton)

171 Mustin(Brentwood) decisions Armistead(Overton)

189 Croy(Brentwood) decisions Wolfe(Ravenwood)

215 McPhee(Franklin) majors Towry(Brentwood)

HWT Cathey(Franklin) pins Independence

This is what my old feeble mind can remember

Full results will be on Brad's site: Mat Control