Mr. Marco Dailey

thefan02

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't make the grades to get into a four year school, from what the Tennessean said he will probably go to a JUCO then try to transfer. I think each school needs to have one person in charge of trying to get athletes eligible for the clearinghouse. If they can excel on the football field, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to excel in the classroom.

He didn't make the grades to get into a four year school, from what the Tennessean said he will probably go to a JUCO then try to transfer. I think each school needs to have one person in charge of trying to get athletes eligible for the clearinghouse. If they can excel on the football field, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to excel in the classroom.

I agree!!! The kids don't understand how important it is to do well in the classroom as well as on the field/court. It would be great for these athletes to come back to their high school and past that message on to their younger teammates. Good Luck, Mr. Dailey!!!

They are called Guidance Counselors, I just thought every school had at least one. Even most coaches know now to make sure they are registered for the clearing house, unfortunately there is not much the coaches can do if the kid is not even close by the spring of his junior year, which is when they suggest you register with the clearing house. Guidance conselors!

They are called Guidance Counselors, I just thought every school had at least one. Even most coaches know now to make sure they are registered for the clearing house, unfortunately there is not much the coaches can do if the kid is not even close by the spring of his junior year, which is when they suggest you register with the clearing house. Guidance conselors!

When I played highschool ball my football coach was my guidance counselor. He helped get me in all of the college level classes and sent out applications , test scores, and game films to all of the colleges I was interested in. The official guidance counselor at my school shook my hand at graduation and said "hey aint you so n so's son. (they were'nt much help)

Kinda makes U wonder how he stayed eligible thru HS... Hmmm /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

What's your point? He'll graduate--on time--with all credits needed for a diploma. His grades just weren't good enough--along with ACT/SAT to get into the college he was most interested in. He is obviously smart enough to learn plays and maintain his grades so that he could be a two or three sport athlete. You should make it a point to get to know the young man. Your insinuation is that teachers--or coaches--allowed him to play without true grades--I resent that! Don't let jealousy cloud your better judgement!

Kinda makes U wonder how he stayed eligible thru HS... Hmmm /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I have no idea what kind of student Dailey is, but staying eligible by the TSSAA standards is not very difficult. Any HS athlete could fail a class each semster and stay eligible without summer school as long as they were not taking a study hall. Like many kids, he could clearly be eligible and not make clearing house because he may not do well on standardized tests.

What's your point? He'll graduate--on time--with all credits needed for a diploma. His grades just weren't good enough--along with ACT/SAT to get into the college he was most interested in. He is obviously smart enough to learn plays and maintain his grades so that he could be a two or three sport athlete. You should make it a point to get to know the young man. Your insinuation is that teachers--or coaches--allowed him to play without true grades--I resent that! Don't let jealousy cloud your better judgement!

I agree. You can graduate from High School and not have the grades to get into college.

What college was he most interested in?