Tornadoes in Tennessee

Coniglio

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from the news of all kinds of tornadoes and severe weather in middle and western TN tonight. I know Union University was hit extremely hard and others touched down in Memphis and Nashville.

Is everyone okay?

South Cheatham got through the first round okay, but it sounds like Fairview was hit especially hard.

Hope everyone is okay.

I've heard from the news of all kinds of tornadoes and severe weather in middle and western TN tonight. I know Union University was hit extremely hard and others touched down in Memphis and Nashville.

Is everyone okay?

I know it is very relaxing outside. The wind is pretty heavy but besides that, there is not much going on.

We got in a basement in Jackson right off of Channing Way. We left twice to get people to bring them to where we were. The damage done between Hwy 45 bypass and Highland is unbelievable. Houses torn to pieces and completely lifted off their foundations! Union University is torn to pieces. It looks like a War Zone over there! I saw bunches of powerlines snapped and laying across the roads, poles snapped and twisted into. There are concrete and brick signs that crumbled! The Oaks retirement center is in bad shape. Lighthouse church off of Oil Well is bad. Lots of the doctors/dentists/bone offices behind Reginal Hospital are torn to pieces. We got to the end of the road to Northbrook Nursing Home and it was fine, but the other buildings on that road's roofs are laying in the middle of the road! Until you go see the damage, you cannot comprehend how extensive it is! Jackson will need bunches of volunteers to help clean up for awhile! Unbelievable!

last time i checked this was coacht not the weather channel

Last I checked you were able to check the title of a thread before you opened it. If you dont want to read about it, dont open it. That is your choice.

Prayers and best wishes go out to all of those affected by these storms. The bus made it back from Macon Co at 10pm last night, storms hit Macon Co at Approx 10:30 from what I hear. My kid said the wind was whipping them pretty bad on the way back. Glad those kids made it home ok.

last time i checked this was coacht not the weather channel

You are wrong to post this, if you don't care about things like this don't come on the board it states plainly what the subject is. Sure it really doesn't cover Mens Basketball but I would venture to say it has effected many players and family members. Where you may not be concerned about all the people that has died in these storms and the horrific damage they caused some are concerned about other peoples misfortunes. Everything seems distant until it comes home to you so show some compassion. Our prayers are with all the people who has lost family members in these storms.

bump

Hey Scrub, my wife works with a girl who lives in RBS. The last we have heard is that those who have died is up to 11. Now that is not confirmed thru the local authorities or at least to my knowledge at this point. I sure wouldn't intentionally tell you falsely. They are still without electricity as well in that area. My prayers go out to all families with lost loved ones and the injured as well through out the state. May God comfort all in this time of need.

Hey Scrub, my wife works with a girl who lives in RBS. The last we have heard is that those who have died is up to 11. Now that is not confirmed thru the local authorities or at least to my knowledge at this point. I sure wouldn't intentionally tell you falsely. They are still without electricity as well in that area. My prayers go out to all families with lost loved ones and the injured as well through out the state. May God comfort all in this time of need.

I'm praying for them too.