7aaa all-district players

14pioneers

its very funny how every post seems to be discounting Morgan Faulkner for MVP. Helton is good I'll give you that, but Faulkner did for her team what Helton didn't have to. Helton didn't have to step up and play a role in the middle of a game, just so her team could win. Faulkner was not counting on Allison Wright getting hurt, but she helped her team win or tried really hard to do so. So once again I'll say, Faulkner for MVP and if you think about all she contributes to her team you'd say so too. Oh and as a side note, I'll say this: Siegel has yet to win a game where Faulkner scored 4 points, but Cookeville has won when Helton failed to show up, so who's really most valuable?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comments are taken as objective and this poster had to think quite a while about Roberts from White and Bowman from Warren. They do belong on the list somewhere but for a team placing two players out of 10 at the place they wound up in the standings may be as noticeable as the four players selected honorable mention from Siegel. After rethinking , you are correct because all of these players are role players and after looking at just points scored, there should not be that many. Siegel, in a second place finish, likely should have only 4 total. For the two teams who beat Siegel twice, many of you might think they only deserve two but if you look at the District finish, they did finish second. 14, at this point, was right about finding a way to add players. Honorable mention was the most chicken way This poster could think about so I took it. It is likely I should left it at 10. Since a lot of players look at this thread, the impression I was trying to give is that they were considered and this poster is going to edit the Robers and Bowman names to the list. I will let someone else take the names off of the list, thank you. As this poster has already stated, White and Blackman finished very hot and skewing their late surge effected the selections. Since a lot of us have already posted, why don't some of the rest of you post. Cookeville does seem loaded also but they won the district. Even with their record, IMO, Cookeville underachieved most of the year to have that many AAU Bulldogs on the team. Looking at their roster this year, coach Odem has a rebuilding year ahead but she seems to have had that a lot of years and finds a way to do it.

Mr, sorry to miss your interview of Coach Hailey but I did hear 14 was a no show and still has his hat.

Its ok that you missed it. I will tell you how it went though if you want to hear? Well I will tell you anyways,LOL It went great and I think he has been trying to reach me on my website. LOL. And far as the district team goes, Man Im just not that good to choose .. Its all about how people see the game. Helton and Faulkner are both very good. I just know they are probably just 2 from Sparta. But if im guessing who is mvp I would have give it to Helton and thats only because I hadn't paid enough attention to Faulkner and thats my fault.Its up for grabs

Its ok that you missed it. I will tell you how it went though if you want to hear? Well I will tell you anyways,LOL It went great and I think he has been trying to reach me on my website. LOL. And far as the district team goes, Man Im just not that good to choose .. Its all about how people see the game. Helton and Faulkner are both very good. I just know they are probably just 2 from Sparta. But if im guessing who is mvp I would have give it to Helton and thats only because I hadn't paid enough attention to Faulkner and thats my fault.Its up for grabs

It is very funny how we all said one or the other. It is also very funny how we all discounted the option of them being Co-MVP's. Well thats what Faulkner and Helton are Co-MVP's they are both talented and the Coach's voting today proved it. Co-MVP's it is.

It is very funny how we all said one or the other. It is also very funny how we all discounted the option of them being Co-MVP's. Well thats what Faulkner and Helton are Co-MVP's they are both talented and the Coach's voting today proved it. Co-MVP's it is.

DAKING HAS SPOKEN!!!!!

The DNJ announced the rest of the 7AAA recognition awards this afternoon. The three teams are as follows:

First Team

Erin Helton Cookeville co-MVP

Morgan Faulkner Siegel co MVP

Shelia Burgess Riverdale

Allie Masters Cookeville

Cash White county

Second Team

Morgan Swope Riverdale

Clarke Davis Riverdale

Shanice Cason Siegel

Icelyn Elie Lebanon

Rochelle Davidson Cookeville

Third Team

Shelby Campbell Blackman

Kelsie Nowlin Blackman

Allison Wright Siegel

Lacy Yslas White

London Elie Lebanon

The Coaches 7AAA Recognition for All District really did not have any surprises but this poster is glad the Coaches did it because the rest of us missed some. the first team was Senior led with two from Cookeville, one from Siegel, one from White and one from Riverdale. Faulkner led the group in scoring PPG and was high on the three point list as well as steals and assists. Helton led the District in Rebounds and was second in scoring and was a great leader on the floor. Cash was inspirational in her play and while not tall, was tough as a pine knot and five times as durable. She was a great rebounder and leader of the team. Burgess is the smiling leader of the Riverdale team and seems to be in the midle of the play whereever it was. She is a very tough player under the goal. Masters came back this year from a knee injury and played very well in all phases of the game. A good rebounder and very good scorer, she is very good on defense.

Morgan Swope is returning from a knee injury and has really developed in to one of the best 3 point shooters in the District. She is a good defensive player. Clark Davis has developed into one of the best inside players very likely riverdale has had and plays very agressively under the goal. Shamice Casonis the only freshman on the team but is very likely one of the reason Siegel came back toward the last of the year after AW being hurt. She is quick, sometimes too quick, has great basketball savy, loves to play and for a freshman, has all of the tools to set very high records at Siegel. Rochelle Davidson is and can be a great player and seems to be there when a big pointg is needed. She is very good rebounder and an extremely good ball handler. Icelyn Elie, one of the two twin towers on this team, has just now begun to understand the play as it should be played and really does not know how good she can be. She is a very good all round player. And yes, you won't have the twins around next year, and yes I'm afraid I'm the one who coined that phrase three years ago when it wasn't cool to say good things about LHS basketball but at the end of this year, you can get used to calling Icelyn just "The Tower". The twin will be just down the road.

Shelby Campbell made Blackman a very hard team to beat. A good scorer and a very good defensive player. Kelsie Nowlin came to Blackman and Coach Chad was glad she did. Good scorer and good defensive player she filled in where Blackman need to be filled. And then there is the second Twin Tower, London Elie. Can be a dominent player on the boards. Good VB player as well as Basketball player and will also be that at Trevaca where she just committed to. Six foot 3.

Allie Wright lives and breathes basketball as well as does her family. A very talented point guard with the ability to make her own shots. Good scorer and defensive player and would have probably been higher on the list except had a broken collarbone the middle of the season. Outstanding assist producer.

Now this is your coaches 7AAA regular season team. Yes there were some that were good but did not make the team. They should pursue the game in college. Congrats on everyone involved and now lets go to the Tournament.

Cograts to both players !!! "daking2007" do you have the complete list ? If so would you please post it.

Cograts to both players !!! "daking2007" do you have the complete list ? If so would you please post it.

OOPs!!! PHargis beat me to it !!

The DNJ announced the rest of the 7AAA recognition awards this afternoon. The three teams are as follows:

First Team

Shelia Burgess Riverdale

Allie Masters Cookeville

Cash White county

Second Team

Swope Riverdale

Davis Riverdale

Cason Siegel

I. Elie Lebanon

Davidson Cookeville

Third Team

Shelby Campbell Blackman

Kelsie Nowlin blackman

Allison Wright Siegel

Lacy Yslas White

London Elie Lebanon

Thanks "Phargis" for posting the list !! I have no problem with any of this list. Congrats ladies, I have enjoyed watching everyone of you, Good luck in the tourney. Go PIONEERS !!

First Team

Shelia Burgess Riverdale

Allie Masters Cookeville

Cash White county

Second Team

Morgan Swope Riverdale

Clarke Davis Riverdale

Shanice Cason Siegel

Icelyn Elie Lebanon

Rochelle Davidson Cookeville

Third Team

Shelby Campbell Blackman

Kelsie Nowlin Blackman

Allison Wright Siegel

Lacy Yslas White

London Elie Lebanon

The Coaches 7AAA Recognition for All District really did not have any surprises but this poster is glad the Coaches did it because the rest of us missed some. the first team was Senior led with two from Cookeville, one from Siegel, one from White and one from Riverdale. Faulkner led the group in scoring PPG and was high on the three point list as well as steals and assists. Helton led the District in Rebounds and was second in scoring and was a great leader on the floor. Cash was inspirational in her play and while not tall, was tough as a pine knot and five times as durable. She was a great rebounder and leader of the team. Burgess is the smiling leader of the Riverdale team and seems to be in the midle of the play whereever it was. She is a very tough player under the goal. Masters came back this year from a knee injury and played very well in all phases of the game. A good rebounder and very good scorer, she is very good on defense.

Morgan Swope is returning from a knee injury and has really developed in to one of the best 3 point shooters in the District. She is a good defensive player. Clark Davis has developed into one of the best inside players very likely riverdale has had and plays very agressively under the goal. Shamice Casonis the only freshman on the team but is very likely one of the reason Siegel came back toward the last of the year after AW being hurt. She is quick, sometimes too quick, has great basketball savy, loves to play and for a freshman, has all of the tools to set very high records at Siegel. Rochelle Davidson is and can be a great player and seems to be there when a big pointg is needed. She is very good rebounder and an extremely good ball handler. Icelyn Elie, one of the two twin towers on this team, has just now begun to understand the play as it should be played and really does not know how good she can be. She is a very good all round player. And yes, you won't have the twins around next year, and yes I'm afraid I'm the one who coined that phrase three years ago when it wasn't cool to say good things about LHS basketball but at the end of this year, you can get used to calling Icelyn just "The Tower". The twin will be just down the road.

Shelby Campbell made Blackman a very hard team to beat. A good scorer and a very good defensive player. Kelsie Nowlin came to Blackman and Coach Chad was glad she did. Good scorer and good defensive player she filled in where Blackman need to be filled. And then there is the second Twin Tower, London Elie. Can be a dominent player on the boards. Good VB player as well as Basketball player and will also be that at Trevaca where she just committed to. Six foot 3.

Allie Wright lives and breathes basketball as well as does her family. A very talented point guard with the ability to make her own shots. Good scorer and defensive player and would have probably been higher on the list except had a broken collarbone the middle of the season. Outstanding assist producer.

Now this is your coaches 7AAA regular season team. Yes there were some that were good but did not make the team. They should pursue the game in college. Congrats on everyone involved and now lets go to the Tournament.

Just one small correction...Helton is a junior. Please don't make her leave before her time, her mother dreads that day. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just one small correction...Helton is a junior. Please don't make her leave before her time, her mother dreads that day. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Was that a mistake. JUNIOR ERIN HELTON. Also congrats to the rest of the players getting recognition from 7AAA. Shanice and Allison and Clair and the rest of the Team at Siegel, how you brought this team to where it is today is a great feat. And that is FRESHMAN SHANICE. And to the coaching staff's at 7AAA, it has been good so far but there is some work to do as Riverdale has carried the torch this year very admirably so far and they will not stumble but if they do, some school will have to pick up the torch and carry it on. Go 7AAA.