Cloudland destroys Unaka just like predicted

zAZa90

Like I said after the Landers whipped Unaka at Snavely, the Landers destruction of the rangers at Sonny Smith was eminent. Cloudland annhilated the Rangers 80-43. Makes me want to sing that Titanic song again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I just want to congratulate the Blue Crew on putting the RAngers in their place in this county and thats at the bottom. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Since 2005-06 season, the Rangers have been down, and i don't see that changing any time soon. As long as Ned Smith stays at Cloudland, I don't see the Rangers ever beating Cloudland again. In fact, with the talent that Hampton has coming up, I don't think they will ever beat them either. I wonder how coach Snavely ever got a gym named after him? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Really? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Since 2005-06 season, the Rangers have been down, and i don't see that changing any time soon. As long as Ned Smith stays at Cloudland, I don't see the Rangers ever beating Cloudland again. In fact, with the talent that Hampton has coming up, I don't think they will ever beat them either. I wonder how coach Snavely ever got a gym named after him? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cause back in the 80's, he was a good coach. An amazing coach. His game worked to perfection back in those days. I'm not saying he's a bad coach now. It's just that you can't play the game he wants to play anymore. Plus it doesn't help that he really doesn't have any talent, and he only plays 7, maybe 8, so even if they are doing good, they are wore down by the 4th quarter.

Cause back in the 80's, he was a good coach. An amazing coach. His game worked to perfection back in those days. I'm not saying he's a bad coach now. It's just that you can't play the game he wants to play anymore. Plus it doesn't help that he really doesn't have any talent, and he only plays 7, maybe 8, so even if they are doing good, they are wore down by the 4th quarter.

[/quote

I'll say it for you. He has destroyed what was considered one of the better programs in the state because of his arrogance and his know it all attitude. The talent is there now and it was there last year. That's what happened to Grindstaff and the other kid he kicked off last year. Many have heard the coaches side of the story but talk to those kids that have been dismissed from the team and see what they went through. Oliver was a good kid but you can only take so much. The coach probably got what he wanted. He drove him into quitting too. Now he can play his select prize freshmen which was the intent all along. By playing young kids it takes the focus off losing and the fact that his coaching days are behind him. Everyone is sick and tired of hearing it won't be down long talent is on the way. Talent was there last year and it's there now. It might not be like it was a few years ago but we do have several kids who chan play. They are some good freshmen but we have some seniors, juniors and sophomores in the progam too.

Last night Johnson County put all the subs in during the fourth quarter but not Snavely. I sure he wants those kids to quit too just like Oliver, Grindstaff and the other kid. Imagine if they went out and played well how it might make him look.

They practice all the time and deserved a chance. The team was behind by almost 30 why not let them play?

He don't know how to handle kids because it different now than back in his time. When kids don't want to play for you this is what you get. He was handed down the job without it ever being posted like it should have been. A few people are afraid they might go outside the Stoney Creek area to hire a basketball coach when that's exactly what they should do. The girls don't have a problem winning. Chambers is a good coach and so are his assistants. Cloudland don't have a problem winning and Ned has less talent than Unaka. UH is winning and so is Hampton.

Hopefully a change will be made when this season is over but that is only wishful thinking. If North Greene wasn't horrible our season would be over this week.

I agree I didnt get to attend the game last night due to illness but from what I heard it was just down right embarrasing. But that is not a shock to me nor the people who pay to watch this circus continue.

The difference between Unaka's program along the side of Cloudland's,Hampton's and Univeristy High's program is they have gotten better and continue to get better while Unaka's level of play and performance has stayed medioccur since the beginning of last year. And you cant put the blame on the kids either because by watching a few games Unaka has played this year there is talent. I see it people in the stands see it and opposing fans see it.

I mean you have to look at it in this prospective over the course of the past 2 years Unaka has only won 3 conference games combined and all 3 of them are to North Greene that should give you a heads up of which direction this program is headed.

But It's just a shame that this years seniors had to be apart of what has taken place this season. You can look at the kids expressions on the floor and tell they have no respect for the coaching staff. They are misserable by the end of halftime when they take the floor and their body language shows if they are having fun or not and when you take away the fun in the game the kids automatically lose interest.

But I agree if anyone had any mindset of putting these kids first and try to get Unaka's program back on the right track they would find a better staff than what has been representing Unaka over the past 2 to 3 years and quit being selfish and do these kids a favor find someone who can connect with the kids we have coming up and knows a little bit more about the game the way it is played today and get this program back on the right track.

Because not only do the people who is paying 5 dollars to get in these games deserve it but the kids that are putting on the uniform and working to get better everyday do as well.

[/quote

I'll say it for you. He has destroyed what was considered one of the better programs in the state because of his arrogance and his know it all attitude. The talent is there now and it was there last year. That's what happened to Grindstaff and the other kid he kicked off last year. Many have heard the coaches side of the story but talk to those kids that have been dismissed from the team and see what they went through. Oliver was a good kid but you can only take so much. The coach probably got what he wanted. He drove him into quitting too. Now he can play his select prize freshmen which was the intent all along. By playing young kids it takes the focus off losing and the fact that his coaching days are behind him. Everyone is sick and tired of hearing it won't be down long talent is on the way. Talent was there last year and it's there now. It might not be like it was a few years ago but we do have several kids who chan play. They are some good freshmen but we have some seniors, juniors and sophomores in the progam too.

Last night Johnson County put all the subs in during the fourth quarter but not Snavely. I sure he wants those kids to quit too just like Oliver, Grindstaff and the other kid. Imagine if they went out and played well how it might make him look.

They practice all the time and deserved a chance. The team was behind by almost 30 why not let them play?

He don't know how to handle kids because it different now than back in his time. When kids don't want to play for you this is what you get. He was handed down the job without it ever being posted like it should have been. A few people are afraid they might go outside the Stoney Creek area to hire a basketball coach when that's exactly what they should do. The girls don't have a problem winning. Chambers is a good coach and so are his assistants. Cloudland don't have a problem winning and Ned has less talent than Unaka. UH is winning and so is Hampton.

Hopefully a change will be made when this season is over but that is only wishful thinking. If North Greene wasn't horrible our season would be over this week.

It appears through your post (weed), you must have been smoking something before you typed! Your facts are completely wrong. Chambers is a good coach BUT he has ran off 12 to 18 girls over the last several years thus keeping the pressure off himself(your theory). As for his asst. coaches, one was fired for... well....(lack of loyalty from what I gather), the other has been moved twice from previous jobs for reasons I'd rather not mention(McClain ring any bells)? If the girls love coach Chambers so much, why are there only 9 girls in the program(lack of discipline, maybe)? I wonder why you are the only one who seems to think he's the answer.... you ever considered getting back into coaching? Ever consider the pressure that Ronnie Snavely is under? I think you have. And as for subbing, last night was senior night and they showed what kind of seniors they really are. It didn't take much to figure that out by watching (or watching the whole season for that matter), and the "subs" will get their chance. With or without Snavley, they WILL leave a legacy too.

I mentioned nothing about loyality to the coach when I spoke of the Unaka girls only that they win every season. I don't know how many girls had quit or the reasons and I wasn't aware of any coach getting fired. I do know the player who quit this year and he's a good kid who played hard and always came to practice. I just attend games so I'm not close to it all like some people are.

I used the Unaka girls team as an example in the same reference with Cloudland and Hampton boys. I can't understand why UH is so much better than Unaka. They seem to win with with the players handed down to them. Last Word have you been watching game this year. Unaka hasn't come close to winning. Has our program fallen that far behind UH, Hampton and Cloudland?

You seem to think that I once coached but in fact I've never coached any team before and I don't have a desire to become one. And I don't have a child playing in the program nor am I a parent saying he or she should be playing but I am a former Ranger. I don't get to attend all the game but I am at my fair share of them. My teams didn't make it to the state but we won several games. All past teams have always played hard and turned it up on defense but I don't see that now. We have no sign of an inside game.

Get mad if you like but if I can see it others can too.

I agree the seniors should play on senior night but when the other coach put in all of his subs Unaka should have done the same.

I mentioned nothing about loyality to the coach when I spoke of the Unaka girls only that they win every season. I don't know how many girls had quit or the reasons and I wasn't aware of any coach getting fired. I do know the player who quit this year and he's a good kid who played hard and always came to practice. I just attend games so I'm not close to it all like some people are.

I used the Unaka girls team as an example in the same reference with Cloudland and Hampton boys. I can't understand why UH is so much better than Unaka. They seem to win with with the players handed down to them. Last Word have you been watching game this year. Unaka hasn't come close to winning. Has our program fallen that far behind UH, Hampton and Cloudland?

You seem to think that I once coached but in fact I've never coached any team before and I don't have a desire to become one. And I don't have a child playing in the program nor am I a parent saying he or she should be playing but I am a former Ranger. I don't get to attend all the game but I am at my fair share of them. My teams didn't make it to the state but we won several games. All past teams have always played hard and turned it up on defense but I don't see that now. We have no sign of an inside game.

Get mad if you like but if I can see it others can too.

I agree the seniors should play on senior night but when the other coach put in all of his subs Unaka should have done the same.

I believe that coach snavely is a grreat guy and knows the game of basketball, its easy to see that his talent level is not even close to the past good teams, at the jv and freshman level they have been pounded the last few years by the good teams, so it had to carry on to the varsity. they have some young talent, but young cannot compete at the varsity level. i believe the reason jc played the reserves the whole 4th was to protect key players from injury. stay behind the coach its not the x's and o's its the jimmys and joes!

"It appears through your post (weed), you must have been smoking something before you typed! Your facts are completely wrong. Chambers is a good coach BUT he has ran off 12 to 18 girls over the last several years thus keeping the pressure off himself(your theory). As for his asst. coaches, one was fired for... well....(lack of loyalty from what I gather), the other has been moved twice from previous jobs for reasons I'd rather not mention(McClain ring any bells)? If the girls love coach Chambers so much, why are there only 9 girls in the program(lack of discipline, maybe)? I wonder why you are the only one who seems to think he's the answer.... you ever considered getting back into coaching? ."

This is a prev reply from someone and it is really interesting. I know this is a boys' post, but has Chambers really ran off 12-18 players? who are they? I know some may be pursuing other sports or interests, but that would be their preference. Coaching changes? Assistant coaches getting fired? they don't even get paid do they? The lack of discipline comment could go towards the girls that quit... not wanting to practice hard, not wanting to practice more, not wanting to let someone else play in front of them and pouting about it. That could be a thread in itself, for any team or sport. But really, what does he and his team success have to do with this thread and how the boys are doing?

HAHA!!! Snavely has driven the program into the ground. It is hilarious. Kenneth Chambers is a very good coach in my opinion. He has won at every level he has ever been in. And I am quite sure that Kenneth's assistants are a lot better than Dan the Man and the rest of the idiots Snavely has following him around. HAHA, I can't believe there are still people on the Creek who defend this guy. Heck, maybe he will stay around and drive the Stoner Creek freshmen into the ground. Hey, if Nave, Peterson, Aldridge, and Taylor want to win, we have got room at Hampton, so just come on up. HAHAHAHA!!!!!