Cloudland destroys Unaka just like predicted

zAZa90

Lastword since we all know who you are and have such close ties with the program I would expect you to come into the defense for Coach Snavely right or wrong. And you want to talk about Kenneth Chambers and his staff if memory serves me correct they have reached the substate 4 out of the past 5 years with the least talent in the whole entire conference while Ronnie and his staff barely won 9 games last year and is sitting at a 7-15 7-14 record overall season record to go along with his 1-7 conference record.

It's easy to win basketball games when you have the tools my friend but prime example over the past 2 years Ronnie was given a group of kids who wasn't as talented as other teams were in the past and he has let the program slip for trying to jump back in the game after being out of it so long.

And if your so called outstanding coaching staff has watched over the past 2 to 3 years or this year's games they would notice what he puts on the floor 1 senior 2 juniors and the rest are freshman and sophmore but the man still finds ways to win basketball games and the kids love him for that and he gets the most and best out of his kids.

And the man must not be to bad considering Greeneville High,Science Hill, Elizabethton and Hampton has contacted him in the past begging him to take their head coaching position.

And Lastword I am sure snavely is a great guy I know alot of great guys heck my neighbor is a great guy but he would be the first one to tell you he dont have a clue about basketball unlike the click that surrounds that staff up there everyone in the stands and opposing stands know and they see and they hear. knowledge nor no basketball knowledge people know that their staff knows one thing and thats playing hard and that can only get you so far then thats where you have to knows ur x's and o's and by watching Unaka play you can tell that they dont have a clue on the offensive end of the floor.

And Lastword if you have attended any games this year you would realize since you was a coach at one point in your life down 30 ahead 30 in the 4th quarter when the game is over it is over and that means it is time to play the younger kids not leave your starters in. If I am an opposing coach and Snavely pulled a stunt like that I would beat him by 50 points the next time and then you would see how embarrasing it would get and realize that you have to have confidence in your younger players and show them your not just another body or uniform on the bench we have you hear for a reason.

But just keep making excuse after excuse for coach snavely and the others that may work behind closed doors but the fans and people on the outside know its time to make a change and so does the 3 sitting on the sidelines but its pretty gutless when you want to play hero and put these kids in the position they have been in for the past 3 years.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastword since we all know who you are and have such close ties with the program I would expect you to come into the defense for Coach Snavely right or wrong. And you want to talk about Kenneth Chambers and his staff if memory serves me correct they have reached the substate 4 out of the past 5 years with the least talent in the whole entire conference while Ronnie and his staff barely won 9 games last year and is sitting at a 7-15 7-14 record overall season record to go along with his 1-7 conference record.

It's easy to win basketball games when you have the tools my friend but prime example over the past 2 years Ronnie was given a group of kids who wasn't as talented as other teams were in the past and he has let the program slip for trying to jump back in the game after being out of it so long.

And if your so called outstanding coaching staff has watched over the past 2 to 3 years or this year's games they would notice what he puts on the floor 1 senior 2 juniors and the rest are freshman and sophmore but the man still finds ways to win basketball games and the kids love him for that and he gets the most and best out of his kids.

And the man must not be to bad considering Greeneville High,Science Hill, Elizabethton and Hampton has contacted him in the past begging him to take their head coaching position.

And Lastword I am sure snavely is a great guy I know alot of great guys heck my neighbor is a great guy but he would be the first one to tell you he dont have a clue about basketball unlike the click that surrounds that staff up there everyone in the stands and opposing stands know and they see and they hear. knowledge nor no basketball knowledge people know that their staff knows one thing and thats playing hard and that can only get you so far then thats where you have to knows ur x's and o's and by watching Unaka play you can tell that they dont have a clue on the offensive end of the floor.

And Lastword if you have attended any games this year you would realize since you was a coach at one point in your life down 30 ahead 30 in the 4th quarter when the game is over it is over and that means it is time to play the younger kids not leave your starters in. If I am an opposing coach and Snavely pulled a stunt like that I would beat him by 50 points the next time and then you would see how embarrasing it would get and realize that you have to have confidence in your younger players and show them your not just another body or uniform on the bench we have you hear for a reason.

But just keep making excuse after excuse for coach snavely and the others that may work behind closed doors but the fans and people on the outside know its time to make a change and so does the 3 sitting on the sidelines but its pretty gutless when you want to play hero and put these kids in the position they have been in for the past 3 years.

Obviously, but not surprisingly, you're wrong again. First of all, I've seen my fair share of the Rangers play. Not just this year, but in years past and if you think they're playing hard, then obviously you haven't seen as much Ranger basketball as you have claimed to have seen. "55" has it right. It lies in the young men's hands that take the court. Anybody with half a brain (maybe a quarter) knows the modern day kid, even Ronnie Snavely. They try to obtain something with little effort and very little direction (from home) and when they fail, the first place they go running is to mommy and daddy so they can obtain it for them.... something that makes high school sports so great. Because at this level, that can't happen. This is something the folks at home can't obtain for them, and then it causes frustration at home. In reality, it all falls back in juniors lap.

I'll spell it all out really clear and maybe you'll get it this time. Please don't bother with changing user names (be alittle more grown up about it this time). The "good cop" "bad cop" ploy don't work. We have no post game because we have an inadequate senior post player, and we have no guard play because we have inadequate guards. And, our offense is inadequate because of unwillingness between all of the above. ANd what compounds the problem makes it stick out like a sore thumb is the unwillingness that is trademarked Unaka basketball for more than 25 years. This very same thing that all the fans you spoke of that payed five dollars have payed to see..... something called playing hard... playing Unaka Basketball. Couple that with my reference to the way "modern day kids" are and mommy and daddy not being able to get this for them equals the disgusting product that you see on the floor. And I will give you this, I don't see a change until people like you place the responsibility back where it truly lies... back on the players shoulders. If your goal is to slow down progress of Unaka basketball (even though you're not going to stop it) you're doing a fine job. However, keep in mind that through the history of the program there have been groups of parents, players.... people just like you and it has survived this long, just like it will again.

"55".... keep speaking the truth. We need more of it all the way around. And trust me, I'm pretty sure that my opinion is of the majority. And Vader, keep typing whatever makes you sleep at night. If you've kept up with the programs, you know what I'm saying is true, and Cloudland IS 13-12, not 20-2. Hampton DID loose to UH, Cloudland, and took a lucky overtime draw to get by the local tribe from HV. Sleep tight and enjoy your rest because I forsee some sleepless nights in your future. This IS the Last Word.

Actually, Last Word, Cloudland is 13-13, Hampton is 20-4, and Unaka is 8-18. That Happy Valley team is the same team that beat the mighty Snavely this year at Unaka. HAHA, I am glad you think you are in the majority about Snavely. I have not talked to one single person from the Creek who likes the way things are being run up there. When am I going to have sleepless nights in the near future? Hampton's girls are going to be purty danged good next year, Weddle is only a freshmen and is going to be awesome, the boys team is losing a lot, but so is every other team in the conference. And lets don't even talk about football cuz the Dawgs should win that again next year. I really don't see me having any sleepless nights for the next 4 years at least. And Unaka's freshmen saviors just got beat by double-digits twice by Nathaniel Hughes, Dylan Ward, and the rest of the Hampton freshmen team. HAHA...

Lastword this is for you and you only. Before you speak about basketball, tradition, loyalty, hard work, and speaking all this truth that you talk about when you talk to 55. You must think about one thing. This is supposed to be about basketball on this board and specifically this is the boys board. You basically stated all your "truth" yesterday about the girl's coaching staff, which honestly has nothing to do with this topic! You made some points that Coach Chambers had ran off 12 - 18 players, the assistant had been removed from the boys side for some reason, and that the other assistant was fired twice for I believe you said "does McClain ring a bell". Honestly, your opinions on running players off and stuff of that nature is your business as long as it has to do with basketball. But, mentioning something about a person's moral character on this board and saying he was fired twice for having relationships with underage girls is wrong. This is called defamation of character whether you hide behind that name on here like a coward or not, slander is another good word for it. You stated no proof of the firings and as far as I know he was transferred to Unaka a few years back because of disagreements involving the administration at his previous school. Many stories were obviously told when he left to make certain people look better but I bet you could go and pull his personnel file at the central office and see how many times he has been fired for "does McClain ring a bell" reasons! Ask some of his parents of the girls he has coached at the elementary for the past 3 years and see what they think or better yet go down there like a man and ask him before you say stuff that you know obviously nothing about. By the way he also coaches the boys team also down there while volunteering to go to the high school when he can to help out. No money involved. He does it I believe because of some of the girls he has coached and I know that the Winters girl is his cousin. Also he teaches with Coach Chambers and Chambers helps him out down there when he can. You should really think about that statement of speaking the truth and stick to sports. Also if I were you I would hope that my true identity was never revealed. These men that coach on both sides are there for the kids and that is what it is really all about, whether you are winning or losing. I guess nobody has ever spread stuff on you that wasn't true right Lastword?

I have been reading this thread for the past couple of days and I find it quiet ammusing how people on the creek think they hold the power to snavely's reign of the head coaching position and the people sitting in the stands owe those 3 men on the sideline something. Unfortuantely thats why we have a school board system to decide who will be the next head coach. Their job is not only to make sure these kids progress in the classroom but your job is to win basketball games as a head coach as well which they have yet to do.

It's just a matter of time before the system hires someone who knows something about the game of basketball and has a good relationship with these kids and can find a ways to win basketball games and make the game fun again.

Unfortunately LASTWORD you speak of how the fans/parents have no say in what goes on at the highschool about the decisions that can be made. You are right! But the schoolboard does and I know for a fact that 2 or 3 of them is not pleased of the way the basketball program is being run up on your so called creek.

But it's just a matter of time before the change will be made on the creek because its not ur decision who stays or go's and the powers of who's hands it ly's in will not stand and let it go on any longer as well.

Slander.....this is when one is directly and falsely accused of doing something and is spread to the public ear (or eyes in this case). It is not slander when someone refers to hearsay (like what the community hears or says). Again... this is not slander. Gossip, maybe, but not slander. There are no accusations in what is said in any post except for the ones that people are posting about Snavely. That, my friend, is slander (oops, you're not my friend.... I'm sorry about that).

First of all, don't act so guilty. I mean, really, it only took you a few hours to respond. Relationships with underage girls was never mentioned, except when you mentioned it. If you're referring to the Mclain quote, didn't texting start the whole thing? Not accusing, just asking a question. From all the chatter from one end of the creek to the other I believe you have your "coach replacement" mixed up.... and again, no slander here... just chatter. It's no secret on which coach your "board" is wanting to replace. Just an opinion, but if I were coach Collins, I would lay very low. He's got enough on his plate at Hunter, which brings me to another question.... where have all of the assistants that have been hired for coach Chambers dissapeared to? Or better yet, will coach Chambers take his assistants with him to Erwin (if the people of Erwin even allow it). By the way, it was 3DGymnasium that brought Kenneth and his assistants into the equation to start with... there's always two sides to every story. Why coach Collins has moved twice? I'm sure if you ask, he will tell.

Now, back to basketball. That is where we want this thing to go, right? I'll stick with my latter post because ultimately players are responsible, but to enlighten you a little further, remember you were the one that wanted to talk basketball. How can a kid function in a world where his (or her) coaches are trying to direct them in one way and parents are directing them in another? What a sad situation for the kid. But what must be realized is that this is not the parents team. Mommy and daddy ball stops at the youth club level for the most part and is completely cut out at the high school level. The real tragedy of it all is that the players under these circumstances never function in a team atmosphere. Teams are very fragile, take for example the Unaka girls. Kayla Winters, arguably one of the best players they have, didn't practice all summer, participated in no camps, was let back on the team and in a very short time moved back in a starting role over a girl that had done just the opposite. Who's rules were broken, his or theirs? Again, not slander, just asking a question. I'll guess (again, just a guess) Ronnie Snavely stays as long as Ronnie Snavely wants to stay. Don't be shocked if he sees this freshman class through.

What Unaka basketball is going through right now is nothing but a bad virus. It will run it's course and things will be better in a matter of time. Like a body does to a virus, it will become more immune to this type of thing happening again.

I have been reading this thread for the past couple of days and I find it quiet ammusing how people on the creek think they hold the power to snavely's reign of the head coaching position and the people sitting in the stands owe those 3 men on the sideline something. Unfortuantely thats why we have a school board system to decide who will be the next head coach. Their job is not only to make sure these kids progress in the classroom but your job is to win basketball games as a head coach as well which they have yet to do.

It's just a matter of time before the system hires someone who knows something about the game of basketball and has a good relationship with these kids and can find a ways to win basketball games and make the game fun again.

Unfortunately LASTWORD you speak of how the fans/parents have no say in what goes on at the highschool about the decisions that can be made. You are right! But the schoolboard does and I know for a fact that 2 or 3 of them is not pleased of the way the basketball program is being run up on your so called creek.

But it's just a matter of time before the change will be made on the creek because its not ur decision who stays or go's and the powers of who's hands it ly's in will not stand and let it go on any longer as well.

You're right on one thing, bizzle. It won't last much longer. As a matter of fact, isn't graduation in May? I'd say you're right too, because a coaching change may be made from what I hear. The only problem is that you're looking at the wrong team. This team plays their games at 6:30. You do realize that you're putting yourself in a class with 3D by the way you're speaking. That should say enough, but I'll keep going. People like you and the parents that either A) keep a constant conflict between their son and the coach or /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> try their hardest to get a coach in place that they can coach vicariously through with the sole interest in their son(s) in mind. There's been a long standing tradition in the way that Unaka high school plays basketball, and the afore mentioned have really put a dent in it. So if that was your goal, congratulations. If not, I apoogize.

Striclty opinion, I say to you the same thing I told Wyatt (Earp). It's a PLAYERS game. Snavely can't pass it, catch it, shoot it, rebound it, or defend for them. If your response is going to be is that he's not teaching these things, you might want to step back and take a look, this is basketball 101 you are speaking of. Maybe these board members you so fondly speak of are looking in the wrong direction. These kids should know these things before they get there. Or better yet, just look at Unaka and Hunter Elementary.... just leaving those stones unturned. Exactly how many championships have they won in their entire basketball careers (senior class)? Are we going to point to coaches for that too? Again, since slander keeps popping up on some posts here and there, this is simply a question.

In closing, what Unaka basketball is suffering through right now is nothing more than a virus. It will kill itself just like the body does and become less prone to these types of things happening in years to come.

You're right on one thing, bizzle. It won't last much longer. As a matter of fact, isn't graduation in May? I'd say you're right too, because a coaching change may be made from what I hear. The only problem is that you're looking at the wrong team. This team plays their games at 6:30.

HAHA, this keeps getting funnier and funnier. Why would Unaka want to fire Kenneth? In my opinion, he MIGHT be the best coach in the area (boys or girls) outside of Leon Tolley. That would be crazy to let Kenneth go somewhere else...

Why does it seem that one person is writing for several different names? Writing style is easy to detect and you of all people should know this. Why is it always about playing those young kids? Hey, you know one of these days your son will not be one of those young kids. Will it still be all about playing them then? In every sport it is the same thing, blame the coach. Ronnie Snavely is a good man and you could learn a few things from him.

Why is there two reporters covering Unaka's basketball games now?

HAHA!!! Snavely has driven the program into the ground. It is hilarious. Kenneth Chambers is a very good coach in my opinion. He has won at every level he has ever been in. And I am quite sure that Kenneth's assistants are a lot better than Dan the Man and the rest of the idiots Snavely has following him around. HAHA, I can't believe there are still people on the Creek who defend this guy. Heck, maybe he will stay around and drive the Stoner Creek freshmen into the ground. Hey, if Nave, Peterson, Aldridge, and Taylor want to win, we have got room at Hampton, so just come on up. HAHAHAHA!!!!!

To much love for the Chambers'. Sounds like someone who is close to the program (or family) at Unaka not Hampton.

If you are referring to me as who I think you are try again "Maxalt" or should I say coach /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> you can hide behind a screen name as well but not alot of people like are exactly on the Snavely wagon right now so put 2 in 2 together and even the most gullable person can pick out of the whole staff up there who you are.

In defense of Kenneth Chambers the school nor school board system has a reason to let him go. He actually wins basketball games with lesser talent than any team in the conference and thats why he is wanted by numerous amounts of schools in this area and it is noticeable.

Kenneth Chambers isn't going know where if he leaves it will be on his own terms. The Hurley Holler,Hodge Branch,and Blue Hole Rd commitee does not decide if he stays or go's. I am sorry the girls program has been accustomed to winning since Kenneth has took the job at Unaka while since Snavely has taken over he has succeeded to make it embarrasing for people to even watch.

Alot of you so called poster's/coaches that post on here seem to be a tad bit jealous because of the way he does things on the creek and thats fine I am pretty sure he could care less what other coaches on Stoney Creek think of his methods and style of coaching.

You guys might want to take some notes the next time his team plays and you might learn a thing or two in the future.