What will it take for DC to host a tournament

DC2010

Just out of Curiosity. How would you guys compare this years DC team to the Back 2 Back tournament teams of the Hopkins era.

How would they match up?

Crittendon - SEC Talent - Recruited by MTSU, UT, and Memphis

Powell - SEC Talent - Recruited by UT, and Memphis

Fisk - Low to Mid Major - Signed and Played 4 years with DL

Morris - Walked on at UTM - Never played- Could have had a full ride to Union

Johnson - Could have played some where

Does this team have that much talent? I hope to see them at the state tournament this year. I didn't get to see them last year.

POWELL,FISK,CRITTENDON,MORRIS,JOHNSON ERA IMO WOULD TAKE THE DC SQUAD THIS YEAR IN A SQUEAKER ALTHO DC HAS EXC. SUBS THIS YEAR TO COMPETE = EXCELLENT SUBS IS ONE ASPECT POWELL,FISK DID NOT HAVE TO RELY ON IN TOUGH GAMES WHICH COST THEM DEARLY IN STATE LOSS TO RIDGEWAY WHOM THEY BEAT HANDILY IN SUB-STATE. POWELL WAS 1 OF 2 PUREST SHOOTERS IVE SEEN THE OTHER BEING DON MANN FROM DYERSBURG, ONE OF THE BEST IN FISK AT CONTROLLING A GAME ALL ALONE. MANN WAS THE BEST AT CONTROLLING A GAME ALL ALONE. SUBS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE WHEN REFS BLOW "EM" WHISTLES TOO OFTEN ON A TEAM. BTW IF IM NOT MISTAKEN FISK PLAYED AT FREED-HARDEMAN..GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of Curiosity. How would you guys compare this years DC team to the Back 2 Back tournament teams of the Hopkins era.

How would they match up?

Crittendon - SEC Talent - Recruited by MTSU, UT, and Memphis

Powell - SEC Talent - Recruited by UT, and Memphis

Fisk - Low to Mid Major - Signed and Played 4 years with DL

Morris - Walked on at UTM - Never played- Could have had a full ride to Union

Johnson - Could have played some where

Does this team have that much talent? I hope to see them at the state tournament this year. I didn't get to see them last year.

hard to say ,two different types of ball , but would have made one heck of a game , is any of hopkins team still playing ball.

I think that a game between the two DC teams would be closer than most think. Powell's team would get tired from trying to run with the current team, but in the paint Cyrus the virus would be untouchable. I think the CJ would tear his brother to shreds on the defensive side of the game. Perry would be hard to stop as he usually was.

Last I heard (about a month ago), Montrell and Fisk were playing in Arlington TX in the Texas Pro Basketball League. I'll ask around at tonights game for any updates.

I talked to C J this morning and he comfirmed that Montrelle and Brian are both in Texas playing semi-pro ball.