TSSAA stinks at Seeding

ETNWrestlingFan

Another example of how "the rankings" means nothing look at 145. Brennen Cox of Indy is still ranked even though he's lost twice in the last two weeks to Rayborn of Overton. "They" even go so far as to predict that he places 6th and that Rayborn doesn't? Look at the brackets. Cox has to wrestle Pavlou in the quarters if he makes it there. Rayborn has better bracket and still he's not given any respect to place. The only rankings that matter are the ones at the end of the night Saturday on that podium, plain and simple. And the more returning medalist you have to beat to get there the more credible your victory is. Plain and simple.

Good Luck Region 6!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from looking at the first bit of seeding they have done, they do not even know how to seed. If you have five wrestlers that should be seeded then put them in the right darn place. How can they screw up? I have only looked at 119 and 125 and none of my wrestlers should be seeded but I feel sorry for the wrestlers that are seeded and get stuck wrestling a seeded wrestler in the first round. I am hoping they just screwed up.

if you aren't a returning medalist you usually just end up getting a blind draw, which is a random slot. prime example is 152 Josh Disney, who is a region champion

Rankings? Bradley's jv 103 beat the number 5 "ranked" kid. They are not that accurate (no disrespect to the guys that do them. they do a great job with thte info and results they have) You can't expect the tssaa to use subjective rankings to seed teh tourny. Bottom line...you have to beat the man to be the man

That was Tyler Pitts correct? If so, this kid being JV is crazy. My son wrestled him in the AAU National finals. Nick won but he had to come from behind 7-0 to win it 13 9. Tyler is an awsome wrestler. The only thing that makes this somewhat understandable is Hanes at 103.

How close in a wrestle off is this match, and why does Tyler not go to 112?

That was Tyler Pitts correct? If so, this kid being JV is crazy. My son wrestled him in the AAU National finals. Nick won but he had to come from behind 7-0 to win it 13 9. Tyler is an awsome wrestler. The only thing that makes this somewhat understandable is Hanes at 103.

How close in a wrestle off is this match, and why does Tyler not go to 112?

Tyler is no doubt a TOUGH kid, but he did wrestle off against Hames and battled very well. However, Ethan won. At 112 is Kelby who is very tough as well. Pitts time will come. Its very common in Bradley's room.