TSSAA stinks at Seeding

ETNWrestlingFan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the TSSAA seeds is about as good as it can be. If there was a seeding meeting, it would probably take longer than the tournament. I can't imagine a more unpleasant meeting. I'm quite sure there would be fighting involved.

PLUS, no disrespect to the fine gentlemen who are providing rankings but it is not a 100% science. They don't see every kid and do not receive 100% of the results. Since everyone does not wrestle everyone, there's a lot of....A beat B and B beat C..therefore A is better than C. That works fine until C beats A and Z beats A and C but loses to M, S and Y.

So....You deal with it. This year, Bradley has some good draws and some not so good. In past years, we've had good and bad. We just do the best we can and hope it works out. I always try to remember this....No matter how bad a draw looks, there's ALWAYS some poor kid with a worse one.

I am with you, at 103, the top six wrestlers in the state will eliminate each other before the semis, #2 ranked Dustin Gardner gets an almost free pass to the semis(though this is the state tourney), #3 Josh Overmeyer has #4 Bryan Alvarado, #6 Wes Foutch, an undefeated Zach Shelton, and a very good Randol Ridley in his draw. #1 Ethan Hames has to contend with #5 Chris Soboun. While the bottom quarter is a cake walk. No disrespect to some of these guys, but there will be someone who places, that IMHO, should not be there.

Agree 100% percent!

Agree 100% percent!

Rankings? Bradley's jv 103 beat the number 5 "ranked" kid. They are not that accurate (no disrespect to the guys that do them. they do a great job with thte info and results they have) You can't expect the tssaa to use subjective rankings to seed teh tourny. Bottom line...you have to beat the man to be the man